Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
arahant

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by arahant »

JakeLawe wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:11 pm
arahant wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 am
FindGoodNickname wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:06 pm I can take 500 mg of Sertraline and still not feel any big side effects. Sorry, I just had to try it...
So obviously, I am relatively immune / insensitive to it.

Before PSSD, 25 mg would already put me to the edge, I would be really nervous.
Perhaps that is an important information and could possibly explain PSSD? But that would go into the speculation forum...
I will write Dr. Healy about it.
Dude, seriously, you are really abusing sertraline like a street junkie expecting some "immediate high effect", be careful with this drug... This drug has slow metabolism and long half life, some paradoxical and immediate effect might happen, like you had "prior pssd", and many had reported paradoxical anxiety and energy increase after a single pill, which can even be placebo or some mild hypomanic during the first doses, but it probably faded as that's is not what sertraline is designed to do. But instead a numbing effect long term.
I don't think anybody "designed" sertraline.. ssris i think are accidental.. that's exactly the thing, no one really seems to knows what they do or not if anything at all in many cases. My impression is we're all in the dark regarding "mechanisms" .. it's a pill someone said helped him feel better in and pharma went from there. Most drugs we probably have no idea. Accidental.

How you doing regarding genital numbness these days, arahant?

You still taking methylphenidate and buspirone?
I agree, let me rephrase, instead of designed, I would say expected effect. And the OP is clearly overdosing a drug that brought a lot of us here. That's freaking concerning. :shock:

Ps. I am still taking both with constant effects, numbness doesn't bother me anymore.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

arahant wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Dude, seriously, you are really abusing sertraline like a street junkie expecting some "immediate high effect", be careful with this drug... This drug has slow metabolism and long half life, some paradoxical and immediate effect might happen, like you had "prior pssd", and many had reported paradoxical anxiety and energy increase after a single pill, which can even be placebo or some mild hypomanic during the first doses, but it probably faded as that's is not what sertraline is designed to do. But instead a numbing effect long term.
I don't think anybody "designed" sertraline.. ssris i think are accidental.. that's exactly the thing, no one really seems to knows what they do or not if anything at all in many cases. My impression is we're all in the dark regarding "mechanisms" .. it's a pill someone said helped him feel better in and pharma went from there. Most drugs we probably have no idea. Accidental.

I agree, let me rephrase, instead of designed, I would say expected effect. And the OP is clearly overdosing a drug that brought a lot of us here. That's freaking concerning. :shock:

Ps. I am still taking both with constant effects, numbness doesn't bother me anymore.
I'm prescribed methylphenidate myself and feel more sensitive, still not back to normal though.

That's good it doesn't bothers you anymore. Would you say you are above 90% feeling? do you notice small improvements through time? I understand if you rather focus on something else.

Thanks
JakeLawe

OP watch out fot serotonin syndrome, man. Really, I think eating 200 mg is enough, you eating 500 makes no difference.. plus you gonna run out of sertraline.

time over quantity!

Perhaps you should stop the experiment. We're good here

If your genital numbness do subside, please do report back though

I suggest you take NAC for OCD, btw.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

JakeLawe wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:50 pm OP watch out fot serotonin syndrome, man. Really, I think eating 200 mg is enough, you eating 500 makes no difference.. plus you gonna run out of sertraline.

time over quantity!

Perhaps you should stop the experiment. We're good here

If your genital numbness do subside, please do report back though

I suggest you take NAC for OCD, btw.
I support Jake's opinion. We need know when to stop. We already got our problems from ssri, so be careful man with sertraline
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Myo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:49 pm My story sertraline.
Hello, I'm new to the forum. After reading posts for a long time, I decided to add my own story. My mother tongue is not English, sorry for that. Two years from now I was prescribed sertraline for mild social phobia. I used the drug for a year and a half. I did not feel any side effects while using sertraline. Even when I did not take the drug for a week or two, I did not feel any side effects. At first I used 50mg. Then briefly 75 mg. And I went down 50mg again. I was using 25mg for a long time without stopping the medication. My symptoms started two and a half months after I stopped the drug completely. At first she had severe premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, extremely low libido, anhedonia, and constantly interrupted sleep. Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction completely disappeared within a month. Right now I can masturbate 4 times a day and get rock hard erections with physical stimulation. My sleep got a little better. My mood and anhedonia are slightly better. But the low libido has not improved in any way and it is killing me. Before sertraline, I was hypersexual. I was also hypersexual while using sertraline. My symptoms started 2 and a half months after stopping the medication. It's been 5 months since my symptoms started. I do not know what will I do. Sex was the meaning of my life. About two weeks ago I took wellbutrin 150mg in hopes it would clear things up a bit but after two pills my erections started to get worse so I stopped it right away. Erections are back. I think I have some kind of withdrawal syndrome as the symptoms started two and a half months after stopping the drug. I guess that's why I'm going to start using sertraline again.
Did you consider restarting Sertraline? I wish I started earlier with reinstatement.
JakeLawe

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:09 pm
Myo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:49 pm My story sertraline.
Hello, I'm new to the forum. After reading posts for a long time, I decided to add my own story. My mother tongue is not English, sorry for that. Two years from now I was prescribed sertraline for mild social phobia. I used the drug for a year and a half. I did not feel any side effects while using sertraline. Even when I did not take the drug for a week or two, I did not feel any side effects. At first I used 50mg. Then briefly 75 mg. And I went down 50mg again. I was using 25mg for a long time without stopping the medication. My symptoms started two and a half months after I stopped the drug completely. At first she had severe premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, extremely low libido, anhedonia, and constantly interrupted sleep. Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction completely disappeared within a month. Right now I can masturbate 4 times a day and get rock hard erections with physical stimulation. My sleep got a little better. My mood and anhedonia are slightly better. But the low libido has not improved in any way and it is killing me. Before sertraline, I was hypersexual. I was also hypersexual while using sertraline. My symptoms started 2 and a half months after stopping the medication. It's been 5 months since my symptoms started. I do not know what will I do. Sex was the meaning of my life. About two weeks ago I took wellbutrin 150mg in hopes it would clear things up a bit but after two pills my erections started to get worse so I stopped it right away. Erections are back. I think I have some kind of withdrawal syndrome as the symptoms started two and a half months after stopping the drug. I guess that's why I'm going to start using sertraline again.
Did you consider restarting Sertraline? I wish I started earlier with reinstatement.
How's the genital numbness?
JakeLawe

What did you do so it doesn't bother you anymore? The thoughts and feelings I have about it still torture at times.
Last edited by JakeLawe on Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JakeLawe wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:54 pm

What did you do so it doesn't bother you anymore? The thoughts and feelings I have about it are still torture at times.
I don't wanna flood the OP thread with side conversations, you can send me a DM if you wanna talk about it.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

How you doin these days OP? You still taking sertraline? how much per day?

Dick skin sensitive as can be? pre this phenomenon? same? worse?
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

I am fighting with too much sleep sooooo much.
Before reinstatement, I noticed that I sleep very much, and I noticed that my anxiety comes back.
Then I reinstated, and I was hoping that the sleepiness would go away.
But unfortunately that was not the case.

I think (as somebody warned me) that I drenched all serotonine by using a really high dose of Sertraline (400 mg over several days).
Now I am really tired. I could easily sleep 16 hours a day because it's so boring and nothing drives me.

Because I think I used up all serotonine, I am currently not taking Sertraline anymore. Instead I use 200 mg Bupropion / day.

My sex drive is good, I have wood, and I have flirted very much today. And I had sex dreams and morning wood.
But as I said, my main problem right now is the urge to sleep.
Very, very, very annoying.

At first, it was only physical exhaustion that made me go to bed, and now it's a combination of boredom + physical exhaustion, I think.

The anxiety and sleepiness occured 1 year after PSSD occured.
I remember that when I used Sertraline (pre-PSSD), and I did not take it, I became very tired.
When I took Sertraline, the sleepiness went away. That's why I was hoping that reinstatement would fix the problem.

I think I will now wait 1 month because in the "Food for thought" article on Prof. Healy's website somebody said that he used high dose Sertraline for reinstatement, then quit cold turkey, and after 1 month, PSSD was gone for him.
That's what I will test now.

Sertraline definitively helped me with libido and sensitivity and orgasm. A few days ago I had an amazing orgasm with my gf. It was like universe exploded. But before that I was sertraline-free for 2 days. On Sertraline, everything feels numb, and I can not ejaculate. So I made "drug free weekends".

ps: If something exciting happens, I get awake again and work in my business, but if nothing happens, I just sleep.
I remember that first I was sleepy but still in good spirits. It was like "Noooo, I don't want to sleep now, but I have to..."
So it's NOT depression that triggers sleepiness, I would say.