Sertraline reinstatement

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
FindGoodNickname

Re: Sertraline reinstatement

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

I can take 500 mg of Sertraline and still not feel any big side effects. Sorry, I just had to try it...
So obviously, I am relatively immune / insensitive to it.

Before PSSD, 25 mg would already put me to the edge, I would be really nervous.
Perhaps that is an important information and could possibly explain PSSD? But that would go into the speculation forum...
I will write Dr. Healy about it.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

So your over dosing on zoloft? I don't think you would feel taking such a high dose just one time.
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Yes, overdosing. Feel what? There is an adjective missing in your sentence, I think.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:06 pm I can take 500 mg of Sertraline and still not feel any big side effects. Sorry, I just had to try it...

Perhaps that is an important information and could possibly explain PSSD? But that would go into the speculation forum...
Dude, seriously, you are really abusing sertraline like a street junkie expecting some "immediate high effect", be careful with this drug... This drug has slow metabolism and long half life, some paradoxical and immediate effect might happen, like you had "prior pssd", and many had reported paradoxical anxiety and energy increase after a single pill, which can even be placebo or some mild hypomanic during the first doses, but it probably faded as that's is not what sertraline is designed to do. But instead a numbing effect long term.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:40 pm Yes, overdosing. Feel what? There is an adjective missing in your sentence, I think.

Let me rephrase that, I don't think you would feel the effects of taking a high dose one time. Why are you doing this?
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

My story sertraline.
Hello, I'm new to the forum. After reading posts for a long time, I decided to add my own story. My mother tongue is not English, sorry for that. Two years from now I was prescribed sertraline for mild social phobia. I used the drug for a year and a half. I did not feel any side effects while using sertraline. Even when I did not take the drug for a week or two, I did not feel any side effects. At first I used 50mg. Then briefly 75 mg. And I went down 50mg again. I was using 25mg for a long time without stopping the medication. My symptoms started two and a half months after I stopped the drug completely. At first she had severe premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, extremely low libido, anhedonia, and constantly interrupted sleep. Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction completely disappeared within a month. Right now I can masturbate 4 times a day and get rock hard erections with physical stimulation. My sleep got a little better. My mood and anhedonia are slightly better. But the low libido has not improved in any way and it is killing me. Before sertraline, I was hypersexual. I was also hypersexual while using sertraline. My symptoms started 2 and a half months after stopping the medication. It's been 5 months since my symptoms started. I do not know what will I do. Sex was the meaning of my life. About two weeks ago I took wellbutrin 150mg in hopes it would clear things up a bit but after two pills my erections started to get worse so I stopped it right away. Erections are back. I think I have some kind of withdrawal syndrome as the symptoms started two and a half months after stopping the drug. I guess that's why I'm going to start using sertraline again.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Be careful man with antidepressants. They can worsen your situation. Many of us with zero libido, anhedonia, ed, and other shit. Your problem is libido. I just want to warn u, that u can kill your health without knowing what u do.
Myo

Unread post by Myo »

Thank you integrator. but the lack of libido makes life meaningless for me. I don't want to go out and talk to anyone. It was my libido that connected me to life, brought me out, and allowed me to socialize. The reason you went out was to meet a woman and have sex with her. everything is crap right now. Anhedonia still exists, although it is not the same as before. Frankly, if things don't improve, I'm even considering using sertraline again.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

arahant wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 am
FindGoodNickname wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:06 pm I can take 500 mg of Sertraline and still not feel any big side effects. Sorry, I just had to try it...

Dude, seriously, you are really abusing sertraline like a street junkie expecting some "immediate high effect", be careful with this drug... This drug has slow metabolism and long half life, some paradoxical and immediate effect might happen, like you had "prior pssd", and many had reported paradoxical anxiety and energy increase after a single pill, which can even be placebo or some mild hypomanic during the first doses, but it probably faded as that's is not what sertraline is designed to do. But instead a numbing effect long term.
I don't think anybody "designed" sertraline.. ssris i think are accidental.. that's exactly the thing, no one really seems to knows what they do or not if anything at all in many cases. My impression is we're all in the dark regarding "mechanisms" .. it's a pill someone said helped him feel better in and pharma went from there. Most drugs we probably have no idea. Accidental.

How you doing regarding genital numbness these days, arahant?

You still taking methylphenidate and buspirone?
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Have you tried a microdose instead? mind you, a microdose is what happened right before i experienced this phenomenon.

Hey how's the genital numbness going?