Prostaglandins

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
rmichaelballow

Prostaglandins

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

Hi all.

As you know, I've been heavily researching and actively working with people with PSSD. The goal eventually being to create a cheap, replicable formula that will be effective at gaining and maintaining sensation/libido/EQ/climax ability-sensation for a good bit of the PSSD population (likely not for everyone).

I've taken a very anti-establishment, anti-established knowledge approach to it and had great success. Most known theories IMO are wrong, which explains the general stagnation in symptom removal.

That said, I want to leave you guys with a little food for thought. Not a cure. Not a superpower in treating PSSD. Just food for thought. And that is the notion of increasing prostaglandin signaling.

If you understand prostaglandins, you'd know that they are majorly responsible for the brain's perception of pain. In fact, you can inhibit them for brief periods with NSAIDS, and thus, numb the pain of a headache.

But as they relate to PSSD, there are a couple papers, seemingly irrelevant to PSSD (but not), that show us that prostaglandin signaling goes easily awry in SSRI exposed mice. Here's one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5142184/ But there are many more. The rabbit hole of prostaglandin signaling in SSRI exposed individuals goes very deep, as well as prostaglandins' role in skin sensation. And I'd advise further, in depth research on the matter, for inquisitive minds.

So I took that, along with the established research of Niacin (flush niacin - which is very important) enabling enhanced cholesterol signaling, opening up blood vessels (specifically in the penis), and thus potentially aiding in the recovery of sensation and so far, I've had some promising results. The TLDR: Flush Niacin has helped men regain sensation. In the range of 200-500MG daily, first thing in the morning. The flush itself is simply a release of prostaglandins. But Niacin itself will also aid in the synthesis of Serotonin from tryptophan. In fact, it's a critical part of the pathway.

Critical relevant information: this isn't to say that flush niacin alone will help you. Because in all of the trials that I have run, flush niacin was administered slightly after (30 minutes) a handful of other chemicals in a regimen, that support proper serotonin metabolism, and delay clearance (I believe excessive Serotonin clearance, and down-regulated raphe projections are part of the problem). In other words: have a functional regimen too, with Niacin as an added benefit.

This is not medical advice. This isn't even regular advice. Nor should it be categorized as PSSD advice. It is just an observation that I wanted to share with the community.

Keep in mind also: people have likely tried Niacin to no avail, and the explanation for that is unknown. But I would assume, that because I believe it needs to be co-administered with other PSSD recovery supporting chemicals, AND that PSSD, even in recovery, is characterized by random fluctuations in terms of windows, people have had unremarkable results with it while experimenting for (likely) very short periods of time. That's a key takeaway for any chemical or regimen you're engaging with. Not to mention, singular dietary habits can interfere with recovery and give the impression that it's X chemical that is crashing you.

Again - food for thought. Take it or leave it.

Best of luck, all. And onward and upward toward something generally applicable, and highly effective for the masses.

Ryan -

PS. I may not be back to visit this forum for quite a bit, so if you'd like to open up a discussion on this, email me. r dot michael dot ballow at gmail. But also, please leave comments here as well. I will come back to check in time.