Sertraline, again?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
DWF

Sertraline, again?

Unread post by DWF »

Hi there. My PSSD came though the anti-depressant Sertraline (Zoloft). When I was originally prescribed it (at 50mg), I became hyper sexual. As soon as I went up to 100mg, my libido died. I then went up to 150mg, stayed on it for about a year, then slowly tapered off down to nothing over a period of a few months. My libido never came back. Alongside the loss of libido I had anhedonia, emotional blunting, no spontaneous erections etc. I was wondering if going back on Sertraline, at 50mg would make my hyper sexual again and I was also wondering if anyone in the forum had any experience (i.e., becoming hyper sexual on a low dose of of antidepressant, loss of libido as they increased the dose, PSSD after coming off the anti-depressant and becoming hyper sexual again after re-introducing the low dose of antidepressant.
Thomas

Re: Sertraline, again?

Unread post by Thomas »

The only way to be sure would be to try being confident enough to avoid nocebo effect...
From my experience, I was better during reinstatement and worse afterwards.
1) I had slight PSSD the first time I stopped SSRI
2) My shrink told me my symptoms were a sign of depression and I started another round of antidepressant, I was better (but not as well as before stopping)
3) I got mild PSSD when I stopped
From what I see in reports here: most people who dared reinstatement are better. The risk is getting more and more dependent on antidepressant...
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Thomas wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 pm The only way to be sure would be to try being confident enough to avoid nocebo effect...
2) My shrink told me my symptoms were a sign of depression and I started another round of antidepressant, I was better (but not as well as before stopping)
From what I see in reports here: most people who dared reinstatement are better. The risk is getting more and more dependent on antidepressant...
If we believe in the theory of methylation, ISRS are inhibitors of methylation and that's why symptoms occur after withdrawal because it could have a methylation rebound. That's why low ISR may help but stopping it can worse again...
DWF

Unread post by DWF »

Thomas wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 pm The only way to be sure would be to try being confident enough to avoid nocebo effect...
Thank you for your reply