In search for lost windows

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Thomas

In search for lost windows

Unread post by Thomas »

Most people here experienced « windows » (= temporary improvements) while trying some medications. I did.
I wonder if some people tried the same medication after a while and with which results. Anyone?

We could think of a symptom relief protocol such as:
Medication 1 until end of window - pause (how long?)
Medication 2 until end of window - pause (this can work with only one medication too)
Etc.
Medication 1 until end of window - pause
Etc.
If pause length is short enough and window length doesn’t decrease with time, this could enable a good quality of life most of the time.

My shrink advised me to try such a cycle… Since then (9 months ago) I have had some failed attempts but also some good windows regarding sexual symptoms (over one month with sufficient function, 3 times - this is 40% of the time, I guess lots of people without PSSD would be jealous) with almost no improvements regarding anhedonia. But I am not a long time sufferer and I wonder if this cycle could go on forever.
Any experience or opinion to share?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
flexstar13

Re: In search for lost windows

Unread post by flexstar13 »

Can you also share your medication?
I only had a 3 day window from Psilocybin (mid dose) followed by mor genital numbness and brainfog.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Sure. Short version: first window with hydroxyzine (surprisingly, as I took it only for my sleep issues), then failed attempt with buspirone (I had to stop because sleep was a mess), then window with ginkgo + hydroxyzine, then window with rhodiola... I am unable to explain these windows (except by placebo) but they were obvious.
Long version is documented here: https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3824

I was thinking more about dopaminergic drugs, which are the "usual" medication giving windows (e.g. buspirone, bupropion, etc.)
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

I am on bupropion 150 mg 13th day. No good effect yet on libido etc. Maybe I raise to 300 soon.
I only had windows of libido from cocain. Nothing else worked for me. I guess I had more windows which I cannot attribut to any supplements or meds. They just come and go. I have themen maybe every 8 weeks and they bring me only like 15% more Erections end libido. That’s pretty much it.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Thomas wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 pm Most people here experienced « windows » (= temporary improvements) while trying some medications. I did.
I wonder if some people tried the same medication after a while and with which results. Anyone?

We could think of a symptom relief protocol such as:
Medication 1 until end of window - pause (how long?)
Medication 2 until end of window - pause (this can work with only one medication too)
Etc.
Medication 1 until end of window - pause
Etc.
If pause length is short enough and window length doesn’t decrease with time, this could enable a good quality of life most of the time.

My shrink advised me to try such a cycle… Since then (9 months ago) I have had some failed attempts but also some good windows regarding sexual symptoms (over one month with sufficient function, 3 times - this is 40% of the time, I guess lots of people without PSSD would be jealous) with almost no improvements regarding anhedonia. But I am not a long time sufferer and I wonder if this cycle could go on forever.
Any experience or opinion to share?
You still have benefits of rhodiola? (cycled or not).
I havent seen a successful cycled regimen to keep things working, other than the combination of activating and upregulating 5ht1a which Meso did in the past.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Interestingly, I've gotten the best windows from tapering off of medication. Effexor was horrible for me, but I had a months-long window when I tapered off where I was at close to 100% sexual function. When I came off of mirtazipine I had a window of about 2 weeks. But both drugs were quite bad for me so I'm not willing to go back on to try and replicate the effect.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

In its current state, metergoline turns away my 2 basic problems in no time. But this is an ad hoc method.
raskolnikov

Unread post by raskolnikov »

There's a kind of probiotic sold in my country (Brazil) that always gives me good windows. It has zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D. The more I drink, the better my libido and erections get. Sadly my stomach cant stand it. I always get sick when taking oral vitamins, specially vit D. So I take it for like a week when I want a window then stop.

I will post the link to the product below. I dont know if its forbidden doing it here in this forum. Moderators can edit my post and delete the link if they think its better. I'm not advising anything. This product is from a big company here in Brazil, I dont want to sell it and I have no benefits advising it. It would be nice if at least one person with PSSD could try something like this.

http://www.actimel.com.br/index.html
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Can try from Portugal, but I don’t have PSSD.

https://www.danone.pt/marcas/actimel
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Jaxx wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:09 am You still have benefits of rhodiola? (cycled or not).
No, I lost my sleep again and stopped rhodiola after two good months, switching to l-theanine (also increase serotonin and dopamine but better for sleep due to GABA action)