Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Re: Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Unread post by Meso »

[Day 26 Update]

This regimen is very nootropic already I don't feel the need to take any Noopept. I don't have brain fog anymore or any cognitive issues to speak of. Furthermore, my cognition is boosted beyond what's average to me. My mental fatigue is also reduced a little bit after dosing Cerebrolysin, but physically I still feel quite fatigued.

Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin are doing all the heavy lifting. The only useless drug out of the list is actually 7,8-dihydoxyflavone. I think its bioavailability is too low even when taken sublingually. On the other hand, I feel Cerebrolysin quite strongly as it kicks in and it definitely works especially on 5 ml daily. That said, my started noticing tolerance to Cerebrolysin which means my dose of Polygala Tenuifolia wasn't enough to keep TrkB upregulated. I have since increased my Polygala Tenuifolia dose to 400 mg.

The libido improvements still persist despite the serotonergic effects of Polygala Tenuifolia.

The regimen has been changing my personality and behavior in subtle ways. Although it doesn't work for typical anhedonia and blunted affect (so far), it's bringing back the pre-PSSD procrastination, social anxiety and social anhedonia which means it's reducing cortical top-down control over the limbic system. The only drug that made me feel that way before was a D2/D3 dopamine agonist - which means this regimen is increasing limbic dopamine by a lot - although tonic release, not phasic, otherwise I'd have felt mood improvement and increased hedonic tone from it.

Although this regimen hasn't increased my hedonic tone (yet), I feel drastic mood stabilization on it which is good for my bipolar type 2.

So far, it hasn't worked for the symptoms I'm taking it for although it's working for others. That said, neurotrophy isn't a rapid process and things take time. 26 days are far from enough and I have to keep tolerance down meanwhile. I'll keep going.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Meso

Re: Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Unread post by Meso »

[Day 31 Update]
I finally ran out of the drugs on this regimen. Although a neurotrophic drug should be run for months, I get to experience its acute effects running it for a mere month. It felt very nootropic but at the same time felt like being on a tonic dopamine agonist in sense of increased procrastination. A tonic glutamatergic-dopaminergic mix increasing focus and memory. I felt no need whatsoever taking Noopept around day 20. I felt a big increase in mental stamina and erasure of brain fog. There was libido enhancement throughout the experiment.

I think better dosing than I used would be 1 to 2.5 ml Cerebrolysin instead of 5 ml daily and 300 mg Polygala Tenuifolia to begin with. 10 mg Melatonin is enough instead of 20 mg. NSI-189 instead of 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone altogether.

Overall, these are the acute effects of a neurotrophic regime. If I had the money I'd have run it for months for the possibility of something sticking and switched out 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone for NSI-189. I hope you find this experiment helpful.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

After I stopped the neurotrophic regimen post-covid brain fog and mental fatigue are back full force. I need to get back on at least Cerebrolysin. I can't afford it but without it I can't work anyway. I'm make the money somehow. :|
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

Thx for the update.
i'm sorry you're still experiencing brain fog. Its the worst thing.

Have your anhedonia improved?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

garycooper wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:30 am Thx for the update.
i'm sorry you're still experiencing brain fog. Its the worst thing.

Have your anhedonia improved?
For permanent improvements, this neurotrophic regimen must be run for at least 6 months. Neurotrophy and consequent neuroplasticity are very slow processes. I have trialed this regimen for only 1 month so no permanent improvements unfortunately. Cerebrolysin improves my anhedonia.
AdvencedResearchPL

Unread post by AdvencedResearchPL »

7,8-Dihydroxyflavone Melatonin + Noopept
I tried, separately each of this things, without results per one month.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Depletion of TrkB Receptors From Adult Serotonergic Neurons Increases Brain Serotonin Levels, Enhances Energy Metabolism and Impairs Learning and Memory

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 16178/full

Antidepressant drugs act by directly binding to TRKB neurotrophin receptors

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 7421000775

Maybe it's not sert loss that is dr 5ht1a receptors but trkb desensitization from chronic ssri use. Or maybe both? Or trkb effects sert functioning because trkb desensitization increases serotonin. Has anyone had any experience with trkb agonists or antagonists? We need to know how exactly trkb receptors have become permanently down regulated from ssri use.