Plasma Dilution

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
garycooper

Plasma Dilution

Unread post by garycooper »

I was wondering if anyone had experimented with plasma dilution, bloodletting, and blood transfusion in the past. Studies on plasma dilution are pretty impressive. Especially considering its been done on mice, who live a few years only, compared to human, who live decades.
Studies on plasma dilution bring a lot of questions. What, exactly bioaccumulates in the blood? How that stuff affects different systems in the body. Could that stuff be responsible for conditions like Alzheimer or Parkinson, and tons of other human diseases? Are there people who accumulate more/less than others? Is it that - as we age - the kidneys and the liver get worst at filtering the blood -- or no, there are just stuff that the body cannot filter, or is inefficient at filtering - which might also include tons of chemicals (Persistent organic pollutant, etc.) that the body cannot get rid of?
I was also wondering if a too high concentration of bad stuff could limit the body’s ability to recover from certain conditions (PSSD, PFS), or cause brain fog/fatigue.
Diluting your blood:
Ultimately, a plasma dilution done my medical professionals would be optimal. However, I doubt we’re gonna see this in western countries, at an affordable price, until the next decade…
For now, I can think of two alternatives:
Blood/plasma donations
Advantages: Free and simple, very useful to others, pays money (in the USA), do not require to purchase any medical equipment. Plasma can be given every two weeks.
Disadvantages: Needs to be done in a donation center. You can only remove 10% or less of your plasma/blood at the time. You can only donate plasma/blood every X weeks.
Bloodletting
Advantages: Can be done at home, whenever you want.
Disadvantages: Require a bit of training and the proper medical equipment. Risk of infection is there. The blood is wasted.