Improvement and suggestions.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Thomas

Re: Improvement and suggestions.

Unread post by Thomas »

Why don’t you increase buspirone dosage instead? It is meant for anxiety and you say it helped with sensation…
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
NootropicKnight

Unread post by NootropicKnight »

Thomas wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:13 pm Why don’t you increase buspirone dosage instead? It is meant for anxiety and you say it helped with sensation…
I increased the Buspar up to around 45mg i stopped seeing actually improvement at around 30mg, I started getting really bad headaches every time i took a dose (I take 3 at 6 hour intervals generally.) Anxiety was gone but would just comeback randomly. Since going down to 30mg I only get anxiety in-between doses. I have noticed other side effects come back such as suicidal or hopelessness (though these may be learned responses vs actual symptoms of an imbalance.)

I was on mirtazapine before and remember being tired. However, this was in 2018 when i went through a huge amount of AD's in an extremely short period of time because of how upset i was with the PSSD Symptoms.

I think i am honestly on track to curing myself. I believe mirtazapine or trazadone to be the final "piece" to the puzzle as everything seems to be SERT affecting my Dopamine and Norepinephrine. still trying to understand how each drug works at each respective dose i hear conflicting things.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

NootropicKnight wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:01 pm
Thomas wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:13 pm Why don’t you increase buspirone dosage instead? It is meant for anxiety and you say it helped with sensation…
I increased the Buspar up to around 45mg i stopped seeing actually improvement at around 30mg, I started getting really bad headaches every time i took a dose (I take 3 at 6 hour intervals generally.) Anxiety was gone but would just comeback randomly. Since going down to 30mg I only get anxiety in-between doses. I have noticed other side effects come back such as suicidal or hopelessness (though these may be learned responses vs actual symptoms of an imbalance.)

I was on mirtazapine before and remember being tired. However, this was in 2018 when i went through a huge amount of AD's in an extremely short period of time because of how upset i was with the PSSD Symptoms.

I think i am honestly on track to curing myself. I believe mirtazapine or trazadone to be the final "piece" to the puzzle as everything seems to be SERT affecting my Dopamine and Norepinephrine. still trying to understand how each drug works at each respective dose i hear conflicting things.
As someone that still take buspirone since 2019, trying doses from 15 - 60 mg/day, I would add that I have to keep it in a fixed schedule between doses, and consistency has been the key.
Doses greater than 30 mg/day is already known to have a bad side effect profile, and that's why the combination of Buspirone 15 mg + 3 mg melatonin SR was proposed as a tolerable regimen.
An exploratory study of combination buspirone and melatonin SR in major depressive disorder (MDD): a possible role for neurogenesis in drug discovery
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22998742/
I still experience some side effects randomly, so that I have to taper from 60mg daily to 30 mg/day.

Also dividing it 3 times a day to minimize side effects always keeping 4 h intervals (more than 1 half-life).

It's a bit difficult to keep discipline, there were studies with slow-release capsules for taking it once a day, but those capsules never reached the market. :(
Even if I tried to be extremely careful when tapering from 60 to 30 mg, I got increased irritability/rage for a while when tapering.

Later I noticed it also has anti-aggression properties so that tapering might trigger a rebound-aggression effect, maybe including self-aggression.
NootropicKnight, I understand the hype for "self-hacking" by taking "combos" targeting some "receptors", especially on forums among the internet, but I still think combining a lot of drugs can be extremely dangerous.

Maybe you just need to adjust the timing of your current trial, and everything else you need is time, also getting some psychotherapy (CBT) support to help with discipline and long term goals.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Besides, bupropion is known for increasing anxiety. Another way could be lowering bupropion dosage.
Whatever you try, do it under medical advice and give your trial enough time
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

NootropicKnight wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:01 pm I think i am honestly on track to curing myself. I believe mirtazapine or trazadone to be the final "piece" to the puzzle as everything seems to be SERT affecting my Dopamine and Norepinephrine. still trying to understand how each drug works at each respective dose i hear conflicting things.
I agree. Mirtazipine looks good on paper but I had pretty minimal benefits on it, and bad side effects. Trazodone on the other hand has given pretty profound improvements.
NootropicKnight

sovietxrobot wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:15 am
NootropicKnight wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:01 pm I think i am honestly on track to curing myself. I believe mirtazapine or trazadone to be the final "piece" to the puzzle as everything seems to be SERT affecting my Dopamine and Norepinephrine. still trying to understand how each drug works at each respective dose i hear conflicting things.
I agree. Mirtazipine looks good on paper but I had pretty minimal benefits on it, and bad side effects. Trazodone on the other hand has given pretty profound improvements.
what improvements have you seen on Trazadone?
sovietxrobot

NootropicKnight wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:15 pm what improvements have you seen on Trazadone?
improvements across the board. increased genital sensitivity, more pleasure from orgasm, increased desire, increased ejaculate volume, greatly increased emotional depth and range. pretty much everything except erection quality.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

sovietxrobot wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:18 am
NootropicKnight wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:15 pm what improvements have you seen on Trazadone?
improvements across the board. increased genital sensitivity, more pleasure from orgasm, increased desire, increased ejaculate volume, greatly increased emotional depth and range. pretty much everything except erection quality.
Could you describe how soon or after which attempt the positive changes became evident? Was it a high dose that worked and do you think mirtazapine or let's say ziprasidone are much worse/better? How's the diffence with yohimbine experience considering it has similar affinity for ht2b? And trazodone blocks a1r and h1r, is yohimbine nothing for erection quality then?
sovietxrobot

kpavel wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:06 pm Could you describe how soon or after which attempt the positive changes became evident? Was it a high dose that worked and do you think mirtazapine or let's say ziprasidone are much worse/better? How's the diffence with yohimbine experience considering it has similar affinity for ht2b? And trazodone blocks a1r and h1r, is yohimbine nothing for erection quality then?
Mirtazipine was quite a bit worse than trazodone, which surprised me. I got a nice benefit for a few weeks, but it faded completely, and I was stuck with some pretty bad side-effects. Very bloated and poor GI and I gained 25-30 lbs. I dropped 20 pounds in 6 weeks when I got off of it but the additional weight hasn't budged.

Yohimbine and trazodone seem to be completely independent. I've also heard it described as being similar to buspirone, but same thing- buspirone and yohimbine seem independent. Maybe its the action at a2 that is helping me. It provides a modest boost in sex drive, but a significant boost in mood.

Trazodone benefits took about 1-2 weeks to first kick in, its hard to say when full benefits were achieved. I am taking 200mg, but after developing PSSD I have to take very high doses of everything to get an effect.
NootropicKnight

sovietxrobot wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:52 pm
kpavel wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:06 pm Could you describe how soon or after which attempt the positive changes became evident? Was it a high dose that worked and do you think mirtazapine or let's say ziprasidone are much worse/better? How's the diffence with yohimbine experience considering it has similar affinity for ht2b? And trazodone blocks a1r and h1r, is yohimbine nothing for erection quality then?
Mirtazipine was quite a bit worse than trazodone, which surprised me. I got a nice benefit for a few weeks, but it faded completely, and I was stuck with some pretty bad side-effects. Very bloated and poor GI and I gained 25-30 lbs. I dropped 20 pounds in 6 weeks when I got off of it but the additional weight hasn't budged.

Yohimbine and trazodone seem to be completely independent. I've also heard it described as being similar to buspirone, but same thing- buspirone and yohimbine seem independent. Maybe its the action at a2 that is helping me. It provides a modest boost in sex drive, but a significant boost in mood.

Trazodone benefits took about 1-2 weeks to first kick in, its hard to say when full benefits were achieved. I am taking 200mg, but after developing PSSD I have to take very high doses of everything to get an effect.
I am different. I have to take moderate levels to get full effect currently on Wellbutrin 300mg and 30mg buspar.

I think Mirtazapine is one that’ll help me more as it is clear that dopamine and norepinephrine deficiency’s are my problem.