CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Janie

Re: CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Janie »

fbz wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:36 am I'm taking 10mg lithium orotate daily for about 1,5 year now and i'm 7/10 by that. Lately i had bad stomach pains and doctor gave me esomeprazolum (20mg once a day) and that improved my sexual functioning? Is it related to this hipothezis? (i'm not science guy)
I'm also taking lithium orotate for about a month. How long did you take to improve to 7/10 level? I'm at 0/10.
Brooks

Re: CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Brooks »

Enigmatic wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:02 pm Hi Brooks, thank you for your detailed and thoughtful reply. First and foremost, I hope that you start to feel better and make a move back towards your baseline soon. I find your theory interesting as it is certainly something that has not been postulated here or on any other of the forums. I personally do not think it comes down to any one single gene per se, but the interplay between many although that would not discount your overarching theory of a disrupted ammonia detoxing system as a factor or even lynchpin to symptoms. That being said, there was a big drive on these forums at one time for people to test for their genes, so it would be helpful for persons who have those results to look into the gene you cited or other genes that may contribute to urea cycle deficiencies and share those results in this thread. I bumped up against the theory of elevated ammonia contributing to symptoms a few years back and casually started taking ornithine as a result to little gain. I realize that what you are currently dealing with is quite serious and so any suggestions I may have would be taken with a massive grain of salt but that being said, I would look into taking isolated strains of probiotics that would have a lowering effect on total ammonia levels as some strains can. I have purchased probiotics in the past from vendors who will sell single strain powders in "bulk," so perhaps a targeted approach could still be helpful over a shotgun approach. I know that some strains such as SBO's can be helpful even in cases of SIBO and that some strains can be helpful with regard to ammonia metabolism although I have not done enough personal research in this area to make any specific suggestions. Again, I thank you for candidness and hope you are able to turn the corner soon.
Thank you very much for your kind reply. The probiotic strain with the most ammonia-scavenging ability is L. Plantarum, for reference.
Brooks

Unread post by Brooks »

cdraham wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:20 pm How much ornithine did you take? which version? that might be the problem
Ornithine is being taken now as a subsequent remedial measure; a way to treat the new symptoms by lowering ammonia. It was not started until well after I developed this horrible illness.
Brooks

Unread post by Brooks »

fbz wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:36 am I'm taking 10mg lithium orotate daily for about 1,5 year now and i'm 7/10 by that. Lately i had bad stomach pains and doctor gave me esomeprazolum (20mg once a day) and that improved my sexual functioning? Is it related to this hipothezis? (i'm not science guy)
Possibly, lithium orotate is known as a neuroprotective agent; one that targets the neurodegenerative pathways that ammonia thrives.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Brooks wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:21 pm
cdraham wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:20 pm How much ornithine did you take? which version? that might be the problem
Ornithine is being taken now as a subsequent remedial measure; a way to treat the new symptoms by lowering ammonia. It was not started until well after I developed this horrible illness.
How much do you take? which version?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

@Brooks

You said, your GI map was unremarkable. But did you know, overgrowth of beneficial bacteria can cause hyperammonemia too? Imo that could be the root cause of your pssd. Your non response to L ornithine is because the microbiome makes more ammonia than can be excreted. You would probably need to identify which bacteria are too much (as i said can be ones that dont show up as infection on GI maps) and then try to reduce them or go straight for FMT. Just my personal theory.. No medical advice bro.

My personal GI map for example shows overabundance of bacteroides, and other ammonia producing bacteria. These show up as "beneficial bacteria"

When you took a high dose of probiotics you modified your microbiome so it produced less ammonia and the kidney and liver was able to get rid of it, either by increasing the amount of ammonia-scavenging bacteria or decreasing the amount of ammonia producing ones.

As you saw, this can also go in the other direction. I think while some here have upper gut dysbiosis, some have SIBO or both at the same time. Then add in the possibility of other bacterial infection such as lyme, or parasites, mold and heavy metals.

https://www.fixyourgut.com/upper-gut-dy ... d-ammonia/