CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Brooks

CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Brooks »

Hello my friends, I know it has been a long time since I have been on here. Much has happened to me in the past three (3) years; an adventure I wouldn’t trade for the world. However, as of late I seem to have been dealt a bad hand in relation to my health and I suspect that my new ailment was caused by PSSD. I have seen the best experts and nobody has been able to help me or give me answers. In my current state, I realize living with just PSSD actually wasn’t so bad. In fact, I would give anything to put things back the way they were in early 2019; when I lived only with PSSD.

Anyway, I wanted to share my PSSD theory with you guys in the event that something happens to me; God may call me home very soon. I have been unable to verify this theory in anyone other than myself so it is my hope that you fine ladies and gentlemen, with your indefatigable motivation and paramount research skills, will be able to piece together where I left off and hopefully verify or exclude my theory from PSSD hypotheses.

HYPOTHESIS IN A NUTSHELL: I believe that PSSD is actually a rare form of urea cycle disorder (“UCD”) but not one of the ones used in clinical diagnoses. I believe that PSSD is caused by a rare variant in Arginase-2 (“ARG-2”) (allele rs742869); no present diagnostic test for UCD (or any other test for hyperammonemia) tests for this variant. I believe that SSRI use in people like us triggers an upregulation in ARG-2 in the brain and body, leading to slight hyperammonemia that goes untreated over decades.

I became enamored with this idea based upon my experiences these past two years and I in-fact verified both idiopathic hyperammonemia and the ARG-2 (allele rs742869) variant in myself (I have two variants for ARG-2). In fact, the cause of my hyperammonemia is unknown and is resilient to Lactulose, Rifaximin, Zinc, Ornithine, Arginine, Citrulline, Metrodinazole, and other treatments. I tried Sodium Phenylbutyrate but it was so repugnant I couldn’t do it any longer.

Ammonia is the most potent neurotoxin in the human body, and even mild elevations over a prolonged period can progress to various neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimers Disease. Hyperammonemia causes its cognitive-impairing effects by numerous mechanisms, one of which is the increased conversion of tryptophan to serotonin causing serious and consistent elevations of serotonin in the brain. (Ali, 2021).

ARG-2 upregulation, which can procure hyperammonemia, can lead to Alzheimer’s Disease over time if the hyperammonemia is not corrected. (Hansmannel, 2010). ARG-2 upregulation also causes sexual dysfunction in males and females. (Kim, 2004); (Lacchini, 2015); (Cama,2003). What is interesting is that it invokes changes the actual genital tissue in both males and females (i.e. causing numbness and lack of response to sexual stimuli). Id. Also see this Genecard: https://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=ARG2

This theory was the strongest lead I could come up with in my lifetime (and the only one I was ever able to verify to some degree). It explained everything with PSSD including the cognitive deficits, the sexual dysfunction, genital numbness, lack of response to sexual stimuli, constipation, impaired ejaculation, anorgasmia, apathy, and even the short-lived response many of us had to MSM way back in the day. I was only ever able to verify this theory in myself, and I have no idea if it is “the cause” of PSSD as I would really need to access the genetic reports Ghost has accumulated over the past five years, hopefully one day he will see this post and choose to check for himself. It is my hope that you guys can work together to either verify or disprove my theory, and if in fact disproven, it can be added to the list of theories checked off the list.

I never was able to find a selective ARG-2 inhibitor, only inhibitors of both ARG-1 and ARG-2. If my theory is correct, after treating the hyperammonemia you would need to find a selective inhibitor of ARG-2 because inhibiting both ARG-1 and ARG-2 would cancel out the benefit of ARG-2 inhibition, as ARG-1 Deficiency is literally its own UCD diagnosis; a cause for hyperammonemia in and of itself. ARG-1 Deficiency is actually one of the eight (8) known urea cycle disorders defects.

One last thing and I will let you guys go I promise. Although living with PSSD might suck, if there was any way I could simply bring my body back to the way I was before, where I lived only with PSSD, I would give anything for it. I want you all to keep in mind that this life is but a vapor and whether you have PSSD or not you still have an awful lot to be grateful for. Although I was plagued with PSSD—and spent every waken hour trying to cure it—I was blessed with a beautiful legal mind, health, and wonderful loved ones, all of which I took for granted. Some of those things are gone now. I was bitter about having PSSD and at this point in my life I realize that life wasn’t so bad back then when it was the only thing hindering me. I wish I took more time to enjoy myself, I wish I put my phone down and my research away and told the only people who ever mattered how much I loved them and appreciated them. Whether my theory is “the one” that cures all you guys, or just becomes another failed theory, take the time to count your blessings and take the time to tell your loved ones how much you care and appreciate them.

Good luck you guys, please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions and God bless you all.

Brooks

Ali R, Nagalli S. Hyperammonemia. [Updated 2020 Aug 10]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557504/

Hansmannel, F., Sillaire, A., Kamboh, M. I., Lendon, C., Pasquier, F., Hannequin, D., Laumet, G., Mounier, A., Ayral, A. M., DeKosky, S. T., Hauw, J. J., Berr, C., Mann, D., Amouyel, P., Campion, D., & Lambert, J. C. (2010). Is the urea cycle involved in Alzheimer's disease?. Journal of Alzheimer's disease : JAD, 21(3), 1013–1021. https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-2010-100630

Kim, N. N., Christianson, D. W., & Traish, A. M. (2004). Role of arginase in the male and female sexual arousal response. The Journal of nutrition, 134(10 Suppl), 2873S–2895S. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/134.10.2873S

Lacchini, R., Muniz, J. J., Nobre, Y. T., Cologna, A. J., Martins, A. C., & Tanus-Santos, J. E. (2015). Relationship between Arginase 1 and Arginase 2 levels and genetic polymorphisms with erectile dysfunction. Nitric oxide : biology and chemistry, 51, 36–42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.niox.2015.10.003

Cama, E., Colleluori, D. M., Emig, F. A., Shin, H., Kim, S. W., Kim, N. N., Traish, A. M., Ash, D. E., & Christianson, D. W. (2003). Human arginase II: crystal structure and physiological role in male and female sexual arousal. Biochemistry, 42(28), 8445–8451. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi034340j
Janie

Re: CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Janie »

May I ask what happened that your situation is worse now? Sorry to hear that. Problem is that with PSSD many people has already Alzheimers like severe cognitive disfunction, loss of emotions, loss of personality, physical suffering and CFS which makes it imossible to just "enjoy life even with PSSD".
Brooks

Re: CAUSE OF PSSD FINALLY DISCOVERED (In One Patient) Relinquishing My Research While There Is Still Time

Unread post by Brooks »

Janie, thank you very much for your correspondence. I dont think you guys will believe me if I told you, but I found a way to cure the cognitive deficits of PSSD by modulating gut bacteria. I then went on to graduate law school at the top of my class and then went on to pass the hardest bar exam in the entire country on the first take. I found my salvation, how could I ignore it? After passing the bar, something changed, I cant explain it, I entered a state of complete incapacitation where many of my PSSD symptoms got significantly worse, it was a cognitive state unlike anything I have ever experienced. Now, I am only a shell of the man I once was and I am fighting hyperammonemia (critical) and my beautiful mind has gone the way of the Dodo. During the period all this was happening, I lost someone close to me and did not even realize it.
When I was at my worst, I was so bad off I did not realize there was anything wrong (that is when you are really bad, if you can realize it, there is still hope). I am not sure what happened, but I suspect maybe my treatment came to collect its due after giving me everything I ever wanted. Now, doctors do not know how to fix me or how to stop the hyperammonemia or the severe memory and cognitive deficits.

And to address your other comment, the "impossibility of enjoying life even with PSSD," even though I am at my worst point in life, I still have a whole lot to be grateful for. I just hope that the other PSSD sufferers on here can also take the time to count their blessings and focus on what really matters in life, I sure as hell wish I did. Thus, even with "Alzheimers like severe cognitive disfunction, loss of emotions, loss of personality, physical suffering and CFS" there are things to be grateful for, and people to show appreciation for. Like I said before in my post, I was bitter about having PSSD and made up all the excuses on why I could not enjoy life and I was fixated on first curing PSSD, but now that I take the time to appreciate the people and things around me, I realize I was wrong for waiting so long to do so.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

I think you may had a crash and worsening that many people with PSSD experience at some point. Do you know what triggered it? Just stress from the exam or did you take anything new by that time? Is it possible to test hiperammonemia? How do you have a proof of that condition? I hear what you are saying, but with this condition it is extremely hard to be positive in my experience.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Brooks wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:22 am Janie, thank you very much for your correspondence. I dont think you guys will believe me if I told you, but I found a way to cure the cognitive deficits of PSSD by modulating gut bacteria. I then went on to graduate law school at the top of my class and then went on to pass the hardest bar exam in the entire country on the first take. I found my salvation, how could I ignore it? After passing the bar, something changed, I cant explain it, I entered a state of complete incapacitation where many of my PSSD symptoms got significantly worse, it was a cognitive state unlike anything I have ever experienced. Now, I am only a shell of the man I once was and I am fighting hyperammonemia (critical) and my beautiful mind has gone the way of the Dodo. During the period all this was happening, I lost someone close to me and did not even realize it.
When I was at my worst, I was so bad off I did not realize there was anything wrong (that is when you are really bad, if you can realize it, there is still hope). I am not sure what happened, but I suspect maybe my treatment came to collect its due after giving me everything I ever wanted. Now, doctors do not know how to fix me or how to stop the hyperammonemia or the severe memory and cognitive deficits.

And to address your other comment, the "impossibility of enjoying life even with PSSD," even though I am at my worst point in life, I still have a whole lot to be grateful for. I just hope that the other PSSD sufferers on here can also take the time to count their blessings and focus on what really matters in life, I sure as hell wish I did. Thus, even with "Alzheimers like severe cognitive disfunction, loss of emotions, loss of personality, physical suffering and CFS" there are things to be grateful for, and people to show appreciation for. Like I said before in my post, I was bitter about having PSSD and made up all the excuses on why I could not enjoy life and I was fixated on first curing PSSD, but now that I take the time to appreciate the people and things around me, I realize I was wrong for waiting so long to do so.
How did you cure the cognitive deficits?
Brooks

Unread post by Brooks »

Janie wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:43 am I think you may had a crash and worsening that many people with PSSD experience at some point. Do you know what triggered it? Just stress from the exam or did you take anything new by that time? Is it possible to test hiperammonemia? How do you have a proof of that condition? I hear what you are saying, but with this condition it is extremely hard to be positive in my experience.
OBJECTION! compound question LOL sorry lawyer humor. I will address your questions in order:
(1) There were two (2) changes that transpired during the relevant period of the change (a) change of living environment as I moved home from law school; and (b) I significantly changed up the probiotics I was taking and I used a combination of weird brands and strains and significantly overused them during exam prep. I had a love-hate relationship with the company I was buying them from originally so I tried to combine various probiotic supplements to cover all the strains in the one I discontinued
(2) Yes, you can test for hyperammonemia, there is both plasma and arterial ammonia that can be tested. But remember, ammonia levels fluctuate throughout the day so it is best to have it tested several times during the same week. Talk to your medical provider to see if s/he is willing to test this for you.
(3) The proof I have is what I referenced in my original post, I have a pervasive case of treatment-resistant hyperammonemia and I was able to verify my ARG-2 theory by having a genetic test for that specific gene.
(4) I understand it is hard to remain positive, and I was where you are at a point and time not long ago. It is my hope that this theory turns out correct and you can get your life back. And even if this theory is not correct, I still hope you can find the positive
Brooks

Unread post by Brooks »

cdraham wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 am
I used a combination of two different probiotic supplements consumed with organic whole milk; Amish non-pasteurized or homogenized milk. It worked miracles for me like you would not believe.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Brooks wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:36 pm
I used a combination of two different probiotic supplements consumed with organic whole milk; Amish non-pasteurized or homogenized milk. It worked miracles for me like you would not believe.
Did you ever get a microbiome analysis? checked for c.diff etc?
Brooks

Unread post by Brooks »

cdraham wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:39 pm
Sure did, I paid to have the GI-MAP done very recently and it was generally unremarkable
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Brooks wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:41 pm
cdraham wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Sure did, I paid to have the GI-MAP done very recently and it was generally unremarkable
Ok thats crazy. But there are bacterial infections that dont show up on any tests... have you ever considered doing ozone therapy?