Reports of use of mirtazapine

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
narigator

Reports of use of mirtazapine

Unread post by narigator »

I am already hopeless of a full recovery of the pssd. I just want a reasonable quality of life for depression and keep the minimum sexual activity I already have.

I think mirtazapine can be an option to improve depression without impacting pssd symptoms. Does anyone here use it for the long term after pssd? I know that in the short term the results are contradictory (some get better and others get worse). But what about the long term?
sovietxrobot

Re: Reports of use of mirtazapine

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Its an antagonist of 5ht2a and 2c so it sounds reasonable for treatment of PSSD. In practice it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It gave me some symptom relief that faded quickly. I'm quitting now because the weight gain is intolerable.
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

sovietxrobot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:19 am Its an antagonist of 5ht2a and 2c so it sounds reasonable for treatment of PSSD. In practice it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It gave me some symptom relief that faded quickly. I'm quitting now because the weight gain is intolerable.
Thanks for your report!
captured

Unread post by captured »

I cannot believe in my eyes that no one has stated yet the PSSD stories that mirtazapine involves in. The drug itself is admitted to be one of the substaces that can persistent/permanent PSSD related problems just like the most common classes, which happen to be SSRI and SNRI, of psychiatric drugs can in many innocent patients who are not aware of the dangers of them.
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

Have you tried Pramipexole? It helps my depression alot, and also doesn't affect my sexual functioning
Calm Amygdala

Unread post by Calm Amygdala »

sovietxrobot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:19 am Its an antagonist of 5ht2a and 2c so it sounds reasonable for treatment of PSSD. In practice it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It gave me some symptom relief that faded quickly. I'm quitting now because the weight gain is intolerable.
how much weight gain did it cause and what dosage were you on?
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Moreover, it enhances adrenergic and serotonergic neurotransmission, notably 5-HT1A receptor mediated transmission in the dorsal raphe nucleus and hippocampus.
I didn't gain weight while on mirtazapine but I was low dosing (7,5mg/day), only for insomnia - it was enough to feel tremendous changes in my mood, though.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

I know cases when it caused PSSD and horrible permanent issues, be careful.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Calm Amygdala wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:48 pm
how much weight gain did it cause and what dosage were you on?
I started at 15mg I think, and was on 30mg for several months. I put on 10lbs almost immediately, and then gained another 15-20lbs gradually. Diet and exercise didnt budge my weight at all. Even with fasting, it just slowed down the weight gain. Worst of all, weight gain from medication distributes differently, this went almost entirely to my gut. I've been off it for a month now and have lost 10 lbs.
Calm Amygdala

Unread post by Calm Amygdala »

What benefits did you experience in regards to both depression and pssd? I'm consideringtrying 7.5 mg for help with depression/pssd

Also, have you experienced any rebound depression/pssd since coming off? Did you switch to something else or just stop mirtazapine?
Last edited by Calm Amygdala on Tue May 25, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.