Currently on Fenclonine

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
fellow1

Re: Currently on Fenclonine

Unread post by fellow1 »

Need update please. Curious as well.
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 am Curious to hear the end of this report... How are you feeling now?
When I NUKED serotonin with Cyproheptadine microdose, or BCAA + Tyrosine combo, I actually felt worse.
When i tried cyproheptadine it helped me a bit, but not as much as mianserin. I dont think microdosing those is the way to go.
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

Meso wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:30 pmAny updates?
Sorry for all the delays on the update.
Here's a quick summary of what I did.

Started at 20mg 1/day, ramped up over a few days to 1g 3x/day.

The side effects are probably not what one would expect, I would say the top one that was an annoying vertigo, this is a feeling I had only felt before in the 1-2 weeks after stopping an SSRI abruptly. Its kind of like a head rush/blush feeling that makes you a bit dizzy and that comes in waves that last just one second. It is mainly triggered while on the move such as just walking or turning your head, but also happens when just sitting still to a lesser extent.
No depressive side effects for me. It does create some brain fog and slight subjective confusion side effects.
No noticeable effects on sex drive/libido.
These made me lower it to 700mg 3x/day. I maintained that for 2 weeks and stopped. I also did a blast at 8g in one day on the last day to see what would happen. It gave me all those side effects but very strongly, slowly went away over the course of a week after stopping.
Sex drive after that course just kind of stayed at baseline where its been since I tapered off Effexor 12 years ago.

Got to say these results are a bit disappointing. Also surprised such modest side effects were felt from probably nuking >90% of serotonin, not even any gastrointestinal sides. There's a possibility different results could be achieved by keeping a consistent dose for 4+ weeks to see the effects of neuroplasticity kicking in.

Please let me know what you think, and ask any questions you want I will answer them.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

lepardglass wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:19 pm Got to say these results are a bit disappointing. Also surprised such modest side effects were felt from probably nuking >90% of serotonin, not even any gastrointestinal sides. There's a possibility different results could be achieved by keeping a consistent dose for 4+ weeks to see the effects of neuroplasticity kicking in.

Please let me know what you think, and ask any questions you want I will answer them.
I think the correct way of using Fenclonine is by giving it at least 6 weeks in a row for the brain to adapt. After all, the brain takes 6 weeks to adapt to SSRIs.

That aside, serotonin is only 1 piece of the puzzle. There are sex hormone problems as well even when levels are within range. I think Fenclonine can be a good center piece for a regimen.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
malink

Unread post by malink »

Where did you buy fenclonine?
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

This is exactly like the collaborative research should be done. Make hypothesis - test it - doesn't work ? Make another one and move along.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Can we now just all agree that the excess serotonine agonism hypothesis of pssd is wrong, and move on?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

You would think if serotonin was decreased that severely there would be some extreme symptoms experienced. I've tried alpha blockers that inhibit serotonin release in the raphe and they make my brain fog severely worse.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

The effects are mild because brain is plastic and compensate the lack of serotonin signalling with other transmission. You see this things all the time in knouckout gene experiments. In neuroanatomy even removing entire lobe ( like in epilepsy ) gives limited symptoms, because - again - brain is plastic. The things go wrong and drastic only when you hit neural hub responsible for synchronizing other associative regions like the prefrontal cortex is.

Instead of looking to fix some isolated "dopamine deficiency" or "excessive serotonin" the question should be how a certain intervention will affect the whole neurocircuits which are made from many interconnected systems . Given the current state of knowledge only very weak assumptions could be made and these will mostly be wrong. From this experiment we know the elimination of 5HT is not the way to go
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

sylv wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:58 am The effects are mild because brain is plastic and compensate the lack of serotonin signalling with other transmission. You see this things all the time in knouckout gene experiments. In neuroanatomy even removing entire lobe ( like in epilepsy ) gives limited symptoms, because - again - brain is plastic. The things go wrong and drastic only when you hit neural hub responsible for synchronizing other associative regions like the prefrontal cortex is.

Instead of looking to fix some isolated "dopamine deficiency" or "excessive serotonin" the question should be how a certain intervention will affect the whole neurocircuits which are made from many interconnected systems . Given the current state of knowledge only very weak assumptions could be made and these will mostly be wrong. From this experiment we know the elimination of 5HT is not the way to go
False, we should still consider 5HT. This experiment is deeply flawed: First, like you said we have to take into account compensatory actions of the brain. When you take an SSRI, it takes a couple of months to work, this is because it works through the compensatory actions themselves (i.e. autoreceptors downregulation, BDNF upregulation, glutamate blunting, etc.). So, if you really want to move on from 5HT, you have to trial Fenclonine for at least a couple of months as well since we need to see how the compensatory counter-effect will be like.

Second, we don't know the source he got his Fenclonine from. Is it lab-grade? or is it the very-likely scam that is on alibaba/amazon?

Third, before we move on from 5HT, several people has to repeat this trial. Scientific experiment doesn't allow room for n=1 anecdotes.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here