Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?

Unread post by Meso »

Since some people reported crashing horribly from 5HT1A agonists like Buspirone and desensitization of 5HT1A autoreceptors might be implicated in PSSD pathophysiology, it begs the question: Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?

I know they are research chemicals and it's understandable that some people are wary of their unknown side effects, but that never stopped other people who try RCs similar to BPC-157. So, I wonder if someone actually tried them for at least a couple of months.

This is a short list of antagonists:
Lecozotan: This is a selective 5HT1A antagonist currently in phase III for Alzheimer's disease. This is because 5HT1A antagonism increases glutamate and acetylcholine within the hippocampus.

WAY-100135 & WAY-100635: Slightly less selective than Lecozotan (D4 & 5HT1B), but should be equally interesting nonetheless.

Cannabigerol (CBG): Unknown affinity 5HT1A antagonist and an adenosine receptor agonist (opposite to caffeine).

Pindolol: Low affinity antagonist/partial agonist at 5-HT1A, high affinity beta blocker. I don't think it will work, but still worth mentioning.

Metergoline: Far less selective than others on the list.

Anyone tried any of these for 2+ months?
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Tree

Re: Has anyone actually tried 5HT1A antagonists?

Unread post by Tree »

Propranolol but it makes my migraines and tinnitus worse to the point where it's unbearable. It also decreases libido and increases genital numbness. Never had migraines or tinnitus before crashing from ginger and wellbutrin, which was years after ssri use. I know my symptoms are caused by high 5ht and norepinephrine release by extreme 5ht1a desensitization. 5ht1a antagonist will exacerbate symptoms because it further blocks receptors and increases 5ht firing. You would think there would be a rebound effect but there doesn't seem to be in my experience. This is why I'm starting to believe girk channels have become permanently decoupled somehow.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Meso wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm Since some people reported crashing horribly from 5HT1A agonists like Buspirone
I haven't read any "permanent" crash with buspirone. And very few crashes, generally related to buspirone side effects.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I'm one of the people who crashed after buspirone.
I had the same reaction to lamotrigine.
I noticed that nothing restores my sexual function from pre amisulpride / mianserin like the 5ht1a autoreceptors agonist.
Buspirone, lamotrigine and fenclonine all act identically on me and cause a terrible ,,extreme morality disgust, danger feeling, fight-flight" crash upon withdrawal.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Thomas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:37 am
Meso wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm Since some people reported crashing horribly from 5HT1A agonists like Buspirone
I haven't read any "permanent" crash with buspirone. And very few crashes, generally related to buspirone side effects.
Buspirone has a well-established pro-sexual effect in the literature, and is often coupled with SSRI to counter some of the sexual side-effects. I have never read a paper or case report that reported negative sexual side effects. Not to say its impossible, but seems unlikely.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

finities infinities wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:36 am I'm one of the people who crashed after buspirone.
I had the same reaction to lamotrigine.
I noticed that nothing restores my sexual function from pre amisulpride / mianserin like the 5ht1a autoreceptors agonist.
Buspirone, lamotrigine and fenclonine all act identically on me and cause a terrible ,,extreme morality disgust, danger feeling, fight-flight" crash upon withdrawal.
None of that is what we call a crash on this forum.

Panic attacks and dysphoria are common side effects of anything that raises catecholamine activity
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

Is. It is this horrible dysphoric state of "post-orgasm, refractory period" that makes everything disgusting, frightening and furious. Disgusting with sex and being with people. This is serotonin.
heymartinn

Unread post by heymartinn »

finities infinities wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:20 pm Is. It is this horrible dysphoric state of "post-orgasm, refractory period" that makes everything disgusting, frightening and furious. Disgusting with sex and being with people. This is serotonin.
I'm feeling the same way after MDMA crash, so probably desensitized my 5ht1a even more. Horrid state to live in, truly
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:37 am
Thomas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:37 am
Buspirone has a well-established pro-sexual effect in the literature, and is often coupled with SSRI to counter some of the sexual side-effects. I have never read a paper or case report that reported negative sexual side effects. Not to say its impossible, but seems unlikely.
About Buspirone. I just took it a couple months ago for about one month. My hormones plummeted. I have basically no estrogen and my testosterone is under 5. I now have horrible hot flashes and body aches and pain. I am female FYI. You might check again your hormones if you haven’t looked at them since Buspirone. I will be going on hrt now.