Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Enigmatic

Re: Worst offenders for PSSD and things to avoid taking

Unread post by Enigmatic »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:49 pm I also might add, TAURINE?! @meso I just found out that Taurine has an affinity towards the 5-HT1A receptor... DO we have any guys that crash from using Taurine?
Taurine-mediated aggression is abolished via 5-HT1A antagonism and serotonin depletion in zebrafish
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 5720304123
I took taurine in doses of 500-1500 mg for aiding with sleep and anxiety issues. I did not experience any worsening of symptoms and it seemed to help with it's intended purpose. That being said, I have taken many of the things in this thread over the years, including ashwaghanda, without any apparent negative effects. If you really look for serotonin and 5ht receptor related research in connection to supplements, you will find that many have some type of an effect, as serotonin is a ubiquitous messenger within the body. You will even find that temperature, food, physical activity, stress, emotions, sleep, etc; pretty much everything you do effects serotonin and the receptors so those studies need not be ignored, however sometimes taken with a grain of salt.
Calm Amygdala

Unread post by Calm Amygdala »

Does anyhone know where to get mianserin online? Was considering mirtazapine but would prefer mianserin. Live in US
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

If methyl donors are a no go, why do so many people benefit from zinc, choline, etc? Even inositol is a methyl donor, and people have supposedly recovered using it.

Is it the type that makes the difference?
Pizzaiscool88

Unread post by Pizzaiscool88 »

Hey.
I know this is an old thread. But can someone explain why NAC is bad
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

NAC inhibits glutamatergic neurotransmission, by some theories NMDA receptor (it's endogenous ligands are glutamate and glycine) hypofunction contributes to anhedonia.
dosp35

Unread post by dosp35 »

Avoid 200mg Pristiq. It caused me possibly permanent PSSD in just a few days. My PSSD persists even after years quitting Pristiq.
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Remeron 45mg
Rexulti 2mg
Vyvanse 70mg
Chuck83

Unread post by Chuck83 »

I would also add Benoxinate (Oxybuprocaine) eye drops, it is a local anesthetic used to control eye pressure and for some eye surgery. Two months ago I had a crash with this eye drop, it acts on ion channels, Healy thinks this mechanism of action could be involved in PSSD.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4658
iwantmylifeback

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

Tree wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:10 pm
Thomas wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:06 am
Tree wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:58 am
Long term ssri use has been shown to decouple girk channels causing receptor desensitization. Pretty sure agonists do too but not sure if decoupling causes permanent receptor desensitization.
That is exactly my point. It has been proven with SSRIs, not with agonists. I am not sure the opposite was proven, though.
I've been doing some research on receptor internalization. Both chronic ssri and agonist use can internalize the receptor into the cell. We are probably suffering from internalization and for some reason receptors don't normalize after drug withdrawal.
What does this mean?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

iwantmylifeback wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:25 pm
Thomas wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:06 am
That is exactly my point. It has been proven with SSRIs, not with agonists. I am not sure the opposite was proven, though.
I've been doing some research on receptor internalization. Both chronic ssri and agonist use can internalize the receptor into the cell. We are probably suffering from internalization and for some reason receptors don't normalize after drug withdrawal.
What does this mean?
It's the acute response to agonism to protect receptor from desensitization. After chronic agonist use internalized receptors become desensitized.
iwantmylifeback

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

Tree wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 pm
iwantmylifeback wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:25 pm
What does this mean?
It's the acute response to agonism to protect receptor from desensitization. After chronic agonist use internalized receptors become desensitized.
Thx but still confused. Are you saying the receptors are kind of hiding so they don’t get desensitized?