Buspirone Experience

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
arahant

Re: Buspirone Experience

Unread post by arahant »

tonyareias wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:51 pm I think this med can works when taken when need (e.g. 1h before sex) and not daily.
I take it daily since Feb 2019, there was certainly less anxiety and better mood, emotions, and pleasure with this regimen, but I noticed better sexual results when taken like 1h before sex, especially 15-20 mg pill.
I might try it "as needed" in the future, I just fear losing other improvements.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
climb

Unread post by climb »

Thanks Markc113 and Arahant

That's what I'm wondering - Whether the symptoms I mentioned are a warning sign or a necessary step towards improvement further down the line in the case of this particular drug. It's a gamble.
When on the SSRI, I remember initially having problems orgasming. This then changed to ED and the orgasm problem disappeared.

The instructions do suggest that buspirone can result in an improvement or worsening of sexual functioning. Of course, this could be referring to the lower doses only, where it's used more as an anti anxiety medication rather than a pro sexual drug or antidote.

We know that drugs affect people in different ways. I know someone who has taken SSRIs for 10 plus years without any negative impact on sexual functioning.
The same could be the case with buspirone.

@tonyareias

Are you speaking from experience?
I did initially notice a slight spike in libido a while after each dose. Seems to have disappeared now though.

Out of interest, does anyone think that the forum is less active than it was previously?
Are people going elsewhere to discuss these things?
Are Reddit and discord servers being used more?
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Yes, I take 10mg 1h before sex a years ago as addon to improve paroxetine delay ejaculation and help a litle.. there’s days and windows.