Dealing with depression without SSRI?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Benji19912

Dealing with depression without SSRI?

Unread post by Benji19912 »

I recently took vorteoxetine and it helped my mood for 4 weeks but then I crashed and my pssd worsened. 5ht1a downregulation.

I feel that anticipatory and consummatory anhedonia are seperate from mood. are there any pharmaceuticals or anything I can use to elevate mood?
Delfador

Re: Dealing with depression without SSRI?

Unread post by Delfador »

Lsd, mushrooms, saint john's wort, and buproprion? In that order
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Trying taking Omega's I find it helps a lot
captured

Unread post by captured »

Recretional stuff such as cocaine deserves a deep consideration given its ability to boost self-confidence in those with low amounts of that.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

Make things you like. Create. See your friends. Let ur mind busy with stuff. Wake up from your bed even if you don't want and take a bath before all of this. Then do any of them.
Also, meditate. Go to THERAPY.
Antidepressants are the biggest market on the world, and the depression as an incurable disease is it's strategy. Depression is sadness, sadness is a feeling, and anxiety (also a feeling) perhaps come alongside with it. Empty and unmotivation and all other """symptoms""" is a result of these feelings. Not a disease. If it's not a disease it doesn't need meds. Simple as it is.
Holy Jesus, honestly, always have my self thinking how the heck people with pssd and probably emotional blunting still have this conception about depression.
Sascha100

Unread post by Sascha100 »

Depression exists and its an illness. Most of the people have underlying emotions that need to be dealt with in therapy and thereby getting relief. Medication should be a last resort I agree with that.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

Sascha100 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:34 pm Depression exists and its an illness. Most of the people have underlying emotions that need to be dealt with in therapy and thereby getting relief. Medication should be a last resort I agree with that.
No it's not. Learn from ur therapy and u will discover that u r depressed because of environmental influence (job, studies, relationship, family, unconscious traumas, society, etc).
Life is a lesson. Learn it.
Sascha100

Unread post by Sascha100 »

You are wrong . There is such a thing as endogenous depression and even non-endogenous depression is heavily influenced by genes and your biology. While I agree that for most people environment plays a role it definitely is not its sole cause. It is an established illness that has, for most people that are diagnosed with MDD, and not just depressive tendencies, strong neurobiological roots. But I do agree that its environmental causes are often times neglected and there are certainly a lot of people that can get better if they sort out environmental factors / subconscious factors.
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

Since I have pssd my depression is no longer manageable without medication. Pssd itself creates depression, which requires antidepressants that create pssd. The way out seems to get some less harmful antidepressant. Bupropion seems to be the first option. But I didn't get any better.
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

Semogomes wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:58 pm
Sascha100 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:34 pm Depression exists and its an illness. Most of the people have underlying emotions that need to be dealt with in therapy and thereby getting relief. Medication should be a last resort I agree with that.
No it's not. Learn from ur therapy and u will discover that u r depressed because of environmental influence (job, studies, relationship, family, unconscious traumas, society, etc).
Life is a lesson. Learn it.
Its obvious from your posts that you don't understand Major Depressive Disorder (Which is much different from someone being depressed because of environmental or relationship problems). Its far more complex than "sadness" for many people with severe depression. Your comments are ignorant and immature, and hurtful to alot of people around here.

To the OP: I would recommend trying Pramipexole if you are struggling and not comfortable taking mainstream antidepressants. It helps me alot and also does not make my pssd worse. I enjoy doing things again and feel more positive about life