Reinstate

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Rem346

Reinstate

Unread post by Rem346 »

HI, what is the consensus amongst reinstating or low dose reinstate of SSRI's. I stated symptoms in my intro and wondering the success rate of low dose SSRI reinstate or just SSRI reinstate with or wihtout buspirone would successfully treat PSSD or untreated anhedonia or depression.
I took sertraline 25mg then 50mg with and then without rexulti for about 2 months. I then tried viibryd for 2 months a little later. I stopped and now my symptoms are anhedonia and all sexual dysfunction associated with PSSD. Idk if this is PSSD or depression or both. Would like to know the consensus of low dose ssri reinstate with buspar or just low dose SSRI. I have tried so many things with no success. I saw some posts on the forum of those who got cured.
alteredhomeostasis

Re: Reinstate

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Low dose is a bunch of BS in my opinion. I don’t think there’s anyone who’s really been helped by this except one or two questionable recovery stories.

I think if you’ve waited a couple years for natural recovery and haven’t changed or seen any real progress, then you should reinstate with an adjunct medicine like buspar or maybe bupropion. In my experience personally and from following this site, it seems like the best bet to make. Also, personally speaking, even if my sexual sides didn’t improve on the buspar+Prozac drug combo, it would still be worth it just for the quality of life I’m experiencing. Can’t say enough about how great my life is right now.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:22 pm Low dose is a bunch of BS in my opinion. I don’t think there’s anyone who’s really been helped by this except one or two questionable recovery stories.

I think if you’ve waited a couple years for natural recovery and haven’t changed or seen any real progress, then you should reinstate with an adjunct medicine like buspar or maybe bupropion. In my experience personally and from following this site, it seems like the best bet to make. Also, personally speaking, even if my sexual sides didn’t improve on the buspar+Prozac drug combo, it would still be worth it just for the quality of life I’m experiencing. Can’t say enough about how great my life is right now.
do you believe that the cause of your life being great are the drugs??
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

I do agree whit the guy above
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

I had to reinstate at a higher dose to get my anxiety under control. It had no effect on PSSD symptoms.
Rem346

Unread post by Rem346 »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:07 pm
alteredhomeostasis wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:22 pm Low dose is a bunch of BS in my opinion. I don’t think there’s anyone who’s really been helped by this except one or two questionable recovery stories.

do you believe that the cause of your life being great are the drugs??
You're asking me?
Most of my symptoms do mirror this condition unless proven otherwise. Psychiatrists just dismiss my condition as untreated depression which idk which to belive and what to do about it. Just want to feel normal lol.
Rem346

Unread post by Rem346 »

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:01 am I had to reinstate at a higher dose to get my anxiety under control. It had no effect on PSSD symptoms.
Thing is, I have no anxiety, like I don't have the energy to worry or pay attention lol. Feel like just like a lifeless body moving.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

To me those were two separate sets of symptoms. I had no motivation, total brain fog, complete anhedonia, on top of anxiety and depression. Reinstating fixed anxiety but did nothing for the cognitive and sexual symptoms.

Psychiatrists always tell you its depression symptoms.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Usually, if a patient goes to a psychiatrist with depressive/anxiety symptoms (which is sometimes a chronic condition which can worsen if left untreated), and does not follow any long term treatment, mostly for not tolerating side effects. That patient is usually seen as "non-compliant" so that any further complaint will be related to relapses/worsening of an untreated condition.

For example, in sexual dysfunction, I have seen studies that only address that after remission of depressive symptoms but persistent sexual problems are still present, then it's clear that the complaints cannot be justified by underlying depression/anxiety. Which is not the case if other symptoms are left untreated.

Things start to get dangerous when a "non-compliant" patient goes to self-experimentation every other week trying internet treatments. It can build a lot of frustration, so that after every "weekly failed trial" the little hope that is left is exhausted.

If someone has the balls to reinstate some drug, better choose it carefully.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

how's your tapering going arahant??