Do we really have high serotonine, or do we just have incorrect 5ht signaling? (Delfador questions)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
sovietxrobot

Re: Do we really have high serotonine, or do we just have incorrect 5ht signaling? (Delfador questions)

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

I dont buy the down regulated 5ht1a theory either.
Markc1113

Re: Do we really have high serotonine, or do we just have incorrect 5ht signaling? (Delfador questions)

Unread post by Markc1113 »

I don’t think it’s serotonin. I have PE which I don’t think I’d have if my seretonin was still high. I had DE on antidepressants and after a while of stopping it went back to Pe which is linked to low seretonin. I think it has something to do with a receptor or signaling because I’ve been able to creat windows with pharmaceuticals especially bupropion when taking and then rebounding off it so I think it is something that is staying desensitized or not working properly
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

Delfador wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:31 am
Naczoz wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:13 am Lol, there is no answer to this question. We don't know shit about pssd,its just retarded bro-science that sometimes may sounds resonable but its not comfirmed but any studies so...no.
I know. But I need that broscience, bro. Broscience as you call it is valuable anecdotical evidence ;) .

Personaly, I've had windows of libido on sjw and I believe there is some truth to the 5ht1a theory.

I believe the lack of 5ht1a signaling in itself is the only thing that is wrong with us (or with me at least)
then tell me, can you put muscle on 300mg/wk of testosterone? normal adults will gain 7-8 pounds in 10 weeks without exercise just by injecting testosterone, you(we) won't even feel the subjective effects of testosterone anymore, which is the only true antidepressant i know of
tell me how the 5ht1a receptor can fix this
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 pm LSD is not serotonergic 🤣
quite the opposite
Try taking lsd on a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, I dare you 🤗 i double dare you motherlover
It is a potent agonist of the 5ht2 familly wdym the opposite 🤔

For test 300mg/week, let me tell you this: I have always been underweight even before pssd due to lack of appetite. I gained a few pounds of weight on 200mg test enanthate every week, but it is mostly water i think. My food intake has not changed so I dont see why i should gain weight.

And by the way test has reduced my anxiety by A LOT, I feel like I'm on a benzo, so I'm sure my AR signaling is working fine.
PsychoGenesis

Delfador wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:21 pm
quite the opposite
Try taking lsd on a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, I dare you 🤗 i double dare you motherlover

For test 300mg/week, let me tell you this: I have always been underweight even before pssd due to lack of appetite. I gained a few pounds of weight on 200mg test enanthate every week, but it is mostly water i think. My food intake has not changed so I dont see why i should gain weight.

And by the way test has reduced my anxiety by A LOT, I feel like I'm on a benzo, so I'm sure my AR signaling is working fine.
lsd too weak, i do DMT, not with maoi inhibitor that's for pussies, i inject it via I.M to bypass first pass metabolism altogether to reach blood levels you can't even dream about

but what this has to do with the subject? lsd doesn't increase serotonin it's an agonist, and one with very different genomic effects than those of serotonin

you forgot about COMT, MAO is not the only catabolic enzyme, and most people here are likely to have the low activity variant of both

about test, water is not muscle, i said muscle and that's what i meant

also you have no clue if you're really responding to it like you should (subjectively) unless you were on AT LEAST a TRT dose before PSSD, the feeling of test running in your veins is impossible to confuse

Regards
Delfador

PsychoGenesis wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:38 pm
Delfador wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:21 pm
quite the opposite

lsd too weak, i do DMT, not with maoi inhibitor that's for pussies, i inject it via I.M to bypass first pass metabolism altogether to reach blood levels you can't even dream about

but what this has to do with the subject? lsd doesn't increase serotonin it's an agonist, and one with very different genomic effects than those of serotonin

you forgot about COMT, MAO is not the only catabolic enzyme, and most people here are likely to have the low activity variant of both

about test, water is not muscle, i said muscle and that's what i meant

also you have no clue if you're really responding to it like you should (subjectively) unless you were on AT LEAST a TRT dose before PSSD, the feeling of test running in your veins is impossible to confuse

Regards
First, LSD is not a weak 5ht2 agonist, it's a very potent one.
Second, I don't need to bypass first pass because I inhale vaporized DMT. IM is for pussies. Try I.V with a MAOI (this is a joke people, do not try this at home)

As for COMT, I did not forget about it. My reasoning is simple, serotonine is not a cathecholamine and is not metabolised with COMT. So there is no explaination to having both 5ht1a autoreceptor knockout and being low/normal serotonine without MAO upregulation. MAO degrades all monoamines and therefore MAO upregulation would explain the link between 5ht1a downregulation and an underactive mesolimbic system without involving the 5ht2c pathway.

For test and muscles, I said that my muscles definitely look bigger, and I feel stronger (I do not lift). But it is not easy to tell wether it is dry mass or water mass. Creatinine has the same effect on those who use it.

I know the feeling of test you re talking about, but I only get that when I take 200mg in a single dose per week, not 2×100mg. It must be due to my high SHBG being nuked by the T spike. But overall, the test feeling is mildly present on 100×2 too.

Yes indeed, there is no way to subjectively know wether I respond or not. But I can current gauge changes regardless of that and that's more than enough for my research.
PsychoGenesis

come on vaporization is like a spiritual picnic, and IV too 5 min peaks... your brain can't even understand what is happening
no point in extending that discussion
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Delfador wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 am One thing that makes me believe in it is : since I got pssd a few years ago, I slowly developped bipolar disorder.
Interesting...

Do you think it's possible such a thing as "Post SSRI Bipolar Disorder"?

I have seen a psychiatrist talking against general practitioners prescribing SSRIs like water for a generic label like "depression/anxiety".

His argument was something like:
Giving SSRI instead of "mood stabilizers" for patients with BD is a huge disaster compared to side effects on the average depressed/anxious patient.

After reading your post, it made me think if people with susceptibility to BD are more prone to develop PSSD.

I also wonder if the famous "windows when everything was great" followed by the "PSSD baseline" can be correlated with BD cycles like hypomanic/manic - depressed.

Hypomanic/manic states are well known for high energy and increased sex drive and sexual impulses.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Delfador

arahant wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 pm
Delfador wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 am One thing that makes me believe in it is : since I got pssd a few years ago, I slowly developped bipolar disorder.
Interesting...

Do you think it's possible such a thing as "Post SSRI Bipolar Disorder"?

I have seen a psychiatrist talking against general practitioners prescribing SSRIs like water for a generic label like "depression/anxiety".

His argument was something like:
Giving SSRI instead of "mood stabilizers" for patients with BD is a huge disaster compared to side effects on the average depressed/anxious patient.

After reading your post, it made me think if people with susceptibility to BD are more prone to develop PSSD.

I also wonder if the famous "windows when everything was great" followed by the "PSSD baseline" can be correlated with BD cycles like hypomanic/manic - depressed.

Hypomanic/manic states are well known for high energy and increased sex drive and sexual impulses.
That is exactly what I rely on for moderate symptomatic relief.

But I do not believe that PSSD is a form of BD. If you are ready to believe that, then you are basically saying that people with no windows have unipolar depression.

I do believe that PSSD is highly comorbid with BD. I can certify that I never had any hypomanic episode before pssd.

Also, my hyomania does not give me 100% recovery... not even 60%.

All I can say is that glutamate and 5ht1 and 5ht2 densities and signaling seem to be heavilly involved in the shutting down of mesolimbic dopamine pathways in most pssd sufferers.