How many have tried to reinstate their ssri?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Markc1113

How many have tried to reinstate their ssri?

Unread post by Markc1113 »

So I have been on buspirone a couple of months now and the only real change so far is slightly better mood and now I have PE on top of all my other issues. I’m going to give buspirone a little more time but the longer that goes by the more I can’t help but think this isn’t fixing anything. I’m considering after this trying to get back on the Viibryd even though it’s what caused all of this. I didn’t really have any issues while taking it. All of my issues came from not tapering when stopping and just quitting cold turkey. To me it makes sense that maybe taking it again will put neurotransmitter levels back to where maybe I function again properly and if it’s partly a withdrawal even enough it’s been a year and a half maybe resolve it? I know it’s a risk but at this point what else do I do? The buspirone isn’t helping, trt didn’t help long term, neither did hcg. Got some relief of most symptoms with bupropion but made me have severe PE so stopped it.
rmichaelballow

Re: How many have tried to reinstate their ssri?

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

You’re onto something. Reinstatement won’t replete serotonin signaling and binding, nor repair other chemistry issues (deranged SERT, Downregulated Serotonin projection, etc), but it should help one’s thinking in solving the puzzle. Serotonin itself is not the enemy. Deranged signaling of Serotonin, is.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I had to go back on a AD the darkness of PSSD was becoming unbearable. I really didnt want to and dont like being on one but its lifted me out of that darkness. I still have PSSD but I can foccus on activism and spreading awareness about PSSD as I feel thats our only hope and getting the help we need at this time.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Well Im thinking the same, especially after crash with trazodone ...its hard to do anything whan you are ruminating...
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Markc1113 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 am So I have been on buspirone a couple of months now and the only real change so far is slightly better mood and now I have PE on top of all my other issues. I’m going to give buspirone a little more time but the longer that goes by the more I can’t help but think this isn’t fixing anything. I’m considering after this trying to get back on the Viibryd even though it’s what caused all of this. I didn’t really have any issues while taking it. All of my issues came from not tapering when stopping and just quitting cold turkey. To me it makes sense that maybe taking it again will put neurotransmitter levels back to where maybe I function again properly and if it’s partly a withdrawal even enough it’s been a year and a half maybe resolve it? I know it’s a risk but at this point what else do I do? The buspirone isn’t helping, trt didn’t help long term, neither did hcg. Got some relief of most symptoms with bupropion but made me have severe PE so stopped it.
Viibryd is not technically a "pure SRI" like clomipramine, sertraline, Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, etc..
It has also 5-HT1A receptor partial agonism (IC50 = 0.2 nM; IA = ~60–70%) and it is stronger than buspirone on this receptor (Buspirone has: 3.98–214 Ki (nM) - 21 (median))

If you do the math, it has around 20x stronger. (Less is better in this case)

So it's like taking SSRI + high dose Buspirone in just one pill.

It just shows you how dose adjustment and time is important when dealing with these meds.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Markc1113

rmichaelballow wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:37 am You’re onto something. Reinstatement won’t replete serotonin signaling and binding, nor repair other chemistry issues (deranged SERT, Downregulated Serotonin projection, etc), but it should help one’s thinking in solving the puzzle. Serotonin itself is not the enemy. Deranged signaling of Serotonin, is.
So are you saying it could help with my sexual dysfunction? I just figure one that with me getting PE now on buspirone my seretonin should be lower. If I got back on the viibryd since I was functioning on it. Should that go back? I’m one of the few that didn’t have issues while taking it only when stopping.
Markc1113

arahant wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 am
Markc1113 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 am So I have been on buspirone a couple of months now and the only real change so far is slightly better mood and now I have PE on top of all my other issues. I’m going to give buspirone a little more time but the longer that goes by the more I can’t help but think this isn’t fixing anything. I’m considering after this trying to get back on the Viibryd even though it’s what caused all of this. I didn’t really have any issues while taking it. All of my issues came from not tapering when stopping and just quitting cold turkey. To me it makes sense that maybe taking it again will put neurotransmitter levels back to where maybe I function again properly and if it’s partly a withdrawal even enough it’s been a year and a half maybe resolve it? I know it’s a risk but at this point what else do I do? The buspirone isn’t helping, trt didn’t help long term, neither did hcg. Got some relief of most symptoms with bupropion but made me have severe PE so stopped it.
Viibryd is not technically a "pure SRI" like clomipramine, sertraline, Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, etc..
It has also 5-HT1A receptor partial agonism (IC50 = 0.2 nM; IA = ~60–70%) and it is stronger than buspirone on this receptor (Buspirone has: 3.98–214 Ki (nM) - 21 (median))

If you do the math, it has around 20x stronger. (Less is better in this case)

So it's like taking SSRI + high dose Buspirone in just one pill.

It just shows you how dose adjustment and time is important when dealing with these meds.
Yeah I knew it had a 5ht1 agonist like buspirone in it. I’m just thinking the buspirone is either not enough or maybe I do need the higher seretonin especially because of the PE. And if not maybe reinstating it with a slow taper like I should have in the first place could make something go back?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

These pills are tricky and requires dose adjustment at a point that works for you.
It's not fair saying "it's nor enough" while it can be taken 2-3 times a day in a range 15 - 60 mg.
I spent more than an year just searching for a balance between dose and sides.
And it's true for any medication, even if you reinstate Viibryd which has stronger 5ht1 agonist than buspirone + SRI action.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

I will risk it soon at low dose, I can't handel this anymore. This week is my 3rd Birthday with this condition, while others in their twenties live their lives.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Trazohell wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 pm I will risk it soon at low dose, I can't handel this anymore. This week is my 3rd Birthday with this condition, while others in their twenties live their lives.

I have to agree that someone must have balls to do it.
Best of luck bro.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)