Has anyone seen this video on a PSSD cure on YouTube?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Matthias66

Has anyone seen this video on a PSSD cure on YouTube?

Unread post by Matthias66 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_NNe6xMkk&t=904s

To sum up the video, this individual was on Abilify, aka Aripiprazole, which is an anti-psychotic (which lowers Dopamine levels by binding to dopamine receptors in the brain) which is used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia.
After he got off his medication, he had PSSD. This makes sense- lower Dopamine, hypothetically more of an increase in Serotonin.

So anyways, his way of dealing with it- which made sense, was to take varying Dopamine agonists to stimulate dopamine receptors in the brain. After his sexuality came back relatively normal, he ended the experimentation with a mixture of Buspar (5HT1A agonist), Zeolite, MSM, Burbur, and Choline for 3 days. He thought the detoxing agents really helped (the MSM, Bubur, Zeolite) really made a difference. After 3 days, he said his symptoms went away and he was getting better.

Here are my thoughts:

So things to keep in mind-

1.) He was taking a antipsychotic, not a SSRI or SNRI.
2.) He was trying to fix messed up dopamine levels, not serotonin levels

So hypothetical question- How would you go about fixing PSSD, but doing it from an SSRI induced PSSD situation? In his experimentation, he had a drug that blocked dopamine receptors, that lowered dopamine. He took agonists to increase dopamine.

There is some theories that taking a 5HT1a Antagonist will reverse PSSD, and lab studies on mice/rats show that it reverses the sexual side of effects of rats/mice treated with Lexapro, I believe.

Or do we go the agonist route, and once again keep hitting those 5HT1a receptors, and then do a detox cleanse with the Burbur, Buspirone, MSM, etc?

What do you guys think? From a theoretically/hypothetical standpoint?

It makes logical sense to go the 5HT1a agonist route, and then detox, but why would a 5HT1a antagonist possibly be better? Thoughts?......
arahant

Re: Has anyone seen this video on a PSSD cure on YouTube?

Unread post by arahant »

Matthias66 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_NNe6xMkk&t=904s

To sum up the video, this individual was on Abilify, aka Aripiprazole, which is an anti-psychotic (which lowers Dopamine levels by binding to dopamine receptors in the brain) which is used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia.
After he got off his medication, he had PSSD. This makes sense- lower Dopamine, hypothetically more of an increase in Serotonin.

So anyways, his way of dealing with it- which made sense, was to take varying Dopamine agonists to stimulate dopamine receptors in the brain. After his sexuality came back relatively normal, he ended the experimentation with a mixture of Buspar (5HT1A agonist), Zeolite, MSM, Burbur, and Choline for 3 days. He thought the detoxing agents really helped (the MSM, Bubur, Zeolite) really made a difference. After 3 days, he said his symptoms went away and he was getting better.

Here are my thoughts:

So things to keep in mind-

1.) He was taking a antipsychotic, not a SSRI or SNRI.
2.) He was trying to fix messed up dopamine levels, not serotonin levels

So hypothetical question- How would you go about fixing PSSD, but doing it from an SSRI induced PSSD situation? In his experimentation, he had a drug that blocked dopamine receptors, that lowered dopamine. He took agonists to increase dopamine.

There is some theories that taking a 5HT1a Antagonist will reverse PSSD, and lab studies on mice/rats show that it reverses the sexual side of effects of rats/mice treated with Lexapro, I believe.

Or do we go the agonist route, and once again keep hitting those 5HT1a receptors, and then do a detox cleanse with the Burbur, Buspirone, MSM, etc?

What do you guys think? From a theoretically/hypothetical standpoint?

It makes logical sense to go the 5HT1a agonist route, and then detox, but why would a 5HT1a antagonist possibly be better? Thoughts?......

The prototypal 5-HT1A receptor agonist (±) or (+)-8-OH-DPAT, a non-selective auto-receptor and heteroreceptor agonist (Larsson et al., 1990), has strong and dose-dependent pro-sexual effects (Mos et al., 1991; Chan et al., 2011; Snoeren et al., 2014). This pro-sexual effect can be fully antagonized by the 5-HT1A receptor antagonist WAY100,635, a behaviorally silent compound (de Jong and Neumann, 2015). (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7136541/)

That is a warning for people messing with 5-HT1A receptor antagonists, which can fully antagonize the pro-sexual effect of 5-HT1A receptor agonists.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
dangerwood

Re: Has anyone seen this video on a PSSD cure on YouTube?

Unread post by dangerwood »

This is interesting because Lexapro is what gave me pssd. I have been mostly cured after taking psilocybin mushrooms + mdma a couple years ago. I think the shrooms affect the 5HT1A receptor in some way. It definitely feels like something has been ‘re-sensitised’ in my case if that makes sense. The difference to me now and before recovering is night and day.
We're all gonna make it brah