Treatments for Genital Anesthesia specifically ?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
JakeLawe

Re: Treatments for Genital Anesthesia specifically ?

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Thanks, John. I'm gonna read into this DCT thing..I only have two symptoms now. Low semen and a sort of numbing dick though not the balls..and mostly only the shaft I'd say.. and orgasms feel as good as before I'd say, thankfully.. but still I feel there's something "holding back" the full expression..like the electricity stops as if s cable is cut so no matter how much energy it won't "pass" it.. this bring said it has definitely re-connected by itself with time or "turn on", though some "cables" and "switches" still need a "push" that I know will fully work with more time. Concentrating on what part feels "restricted" I do think is my pelvic floor.. so I remembered this thread.

Numbness ain't so bad.. the feeling is hard to describe.as if the weakness/numbnes comes not only from pelvic floor but is in the inner tube of the shaft rather than outside..i may draw a diagram see who relates...it has gotten better and I attribute it mostly to time..it's been only 4 months for me and I only took total of about 60mg of sertraline.. like really... More than what it does to the body i wonder why it can take so long to get back to normal.. the immunity hypothesis seems interesting in this regard to me.. metabolism may also be a key here too idk. Anyway I may start doing some of these exercises.
Last edited by JakeLawe on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

If only 4 months I wouldnt worry too much - but for me the numbness started only at the tip of my penis - then months later the shaft went numb - then sometime later balls went numb. I dont want to scare you though - plenty of people see more improvement with time but not me.
JakeLawe

I'm beginning to think that yes..somehow ssris may, among many other stuff, cause an inflammation of the pudendal nerve.. and this is the case for all or any of the following to different degrees and depending on how damaged/inflamated the nerve may be and how fast is healing, a relief on any or all of the symptoms would indicate the nerve is healing/has healed:

1.- Numb dick (either shaft or head or both, to varying degrees)

2.- Numb balls (though I'd say to a lower degree or not at all, since the nerve doesn't really goes to the balls)

3.- Numb clitoris/ labia

4.- Lowered orgasms/rather not normal orgasms

5.- A feeling that one's dick may be weak during erection even when it's not

6.- Low semen/ no semen/ watery semen

7.- Tingling/ burning sensation in one's dick (to varying degrees and moments in time, while resting and/or after orgasm)

8.- Discomfort/tingling/burning sensation/Pain after ejaculating/ orgasm (to different degrees)

9.- Frequent urination

10.- Difficulty expulsing urine

11.- Weak urine stream

12.- Discomfort/tingling/burning sensation/ pain after urinating (to varying degrees)

This inflammation could be brought up by the immune system going wild after ssri (a "mild" cykotine storm) OR last longer due the a lowered immune system due use of ssri. In this sense ssri would either make the immune system go overdrive in some people or almost turn it off in others..it's why good diets, vitamins etc help restore it.

Also: I'm reading pudendal nerve damage/inflammation can heal from 6 months to years..which could perhaps explain the longevity of some people's symptoms if they haven't tried to treat the pudendal nerve directly, all this is of course a hypothesis.

Anyone willing to try this out for any or all of those symptoms?

https://academic.oup.com/painmedicine/a ... 81/1843389

seems kind of safe and says Over the counter/Amazon, of course under one's risk.

Finally, I imagine that pudendal damage/inflammation could be dependant on time on ssris, type of ssri etc.. and that's why some symptoms show in others and not on others.. seems to me it would depend on the severity of the inflammation/damage to the nerve and maybe any antecedents of possible damage (gym, being sitting too long, too much bicycle, etc)

Perhaps a signal from the brain, due hormone changes etc, may have tricked the immune system to inflammate it too or maybe ssris do cause some sort of internal infection.

Pudendal nerve damage wouldn't explain why some women have numb nipples though..and at least I have normal sensation on mine..I imagine that the numbing can be multifacetic as in having different origins, but I'd say is worth giving a shot to the pudendal nerve damage hypothesis and make efforts to de-inflammate it..it may as well be the key to if not nipple numbness at least genital numbness.

All in all, as hypothesis go.. doesn't sounds all too crazy to me, specially considering that nerves, the ones that do heal like the pudendal one (unlike the optic nerve or spinal nerve which unfortunately seem to not heal on their own or way too little) can take it's time to heal.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

https://academic.oup.com/painmedicine/a ... 81/1843389

This case report is about pudendal neuralgia (PN), which is perineal pain by nerve entrapment.
I think genital numbness is the exact opposite of this, and I agree that cannot explain numb nipples either.
The symptoms 7-12, for example, are also seen in cystitis (usually bacterial), another common issue that affects a lot of people too.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

Arahant: would you say healed fixed your genital numbness back to pre-sertraline? I know you still taking it.. you plan on keep on taking it? What about orgasms? They feel normal? Semen volume?

What percentage do you feel healed?

I took omega 3 and magnesium yesterday and feel a bit better numbness wise today, been taking ginkgo too but skipped it yesterday.. I may just let time do it's thing..it's frustrating at times for sure, specially after masturbating which is when I'm reminded of.

I still have that buspar bottle..you don't think could make things worse? I FELT the sertraline pill the moment I took it.. didn't took weeks.. it "helped me" in hours, meaning numbed my emotions, etc in hours.. I suspect I'll feel the same with buspar whatever effects I think I'll feel them immediately. How much time passed between your symptoms and you taking buspar? Could it have been time alone healing you?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Sensitivity and orgasms are better than prior sertraline, I don't estimate percentages because I think it can be misleading and frustrating sometimes but I would say 200%, the orgasms are more intense and longer than prior, I don't check semem volume either, last time was prior a IVF with 5 days sex/fap abstinence on a fertility clinic lab, which is much more accurate than my perception of "volume", so I don't bother much checking it. Buspirone is completely different from sertraline, never made me "worse". If you took sertraline for anxiety, buspirone made wonders on that symptoms. It eases it by oxytocin release, which is prosexual too, and it takes time to kick in and finding a proper dosage. Balancing the drowsiness/dizziness over time. But I understand your worries, I felt the immediate effect of Sertraline too. Buspirone is eliminated fastly by the body, so having sex within its peak absorption is a good idea. No emotions numbing, but the opposite...you can see more details on my intro-thread... I am still taking it for more than a year, and I am still not sure If I would taper. But I consider it.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

Yeah if it's working with no bad side effects I don't think I'd quit "just because" either.. there was a thread on the hackstasis forum about oxytocin ingestion possibly helping so is nteresting you mention it.. it's good to know you didn't feel worse sexually wise or other after it.

I don't care much about drowsiness and dizziness..I think they're manageable and the body builds tolerance for it or just by finding proper dose.

I tend to read a lot on meds (funnily enough didn't read enough with sertraline) and the buspar Wikipedia full list of possible side effects (in a different page) is as long as any anti psychotic it's why I'm hesitant..though I reckon most of these are ultra mega rare possible symptoms reported a handful of times and that may have cause on something else. Still, overall I'm under the impression that buspar is among the less dramatic psych drugs, rather "noble" or "gentle".. guess I'm traumatized of trying another psych drug after sertraline.

On sertraline I was social, no anxiety at all like zero not even a healthy anmount of it which I think is kind of normal when interacting with anyone.... but in a way I felt like I wasn't even there when I was social.. it's as if I was watching me talk and say jokes...
Kind of.. bizarre.. enjoyable in it's own way as I felt I could talk to that gorgeous lady no problem but.. still felt like something wasn't quite "right", scary actually.

I dunno if it's a common sertraline experience, like, I think I can see why some people like it, suddenly there's no fear whatsoever, no anxiety.. but yeah no thanks, I do like having a healthy dick as possible and healthy hair as possible. It's actually scary, I think some anxiety and some fear are healthy, part of being human.. can keep one at Bay.. being completeky dishinibited.. I don't think can be good.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Just keep in mind that everything you have desribed is under the umbrella of pelvic floor dysfunction and that there are tons of people who experience the exact same thing that have never taken any drugs to cause it. And those that have can get CPPS from tons of different drugs - antibiotics, SSRI, accutane, finasteride, anti-histamines, sterioids, illegal drugs, anti-anxiety drugs, benzos....and the list keeps going. So its more than clear that part of PSSD is pelvic floor dysfunction in many cases. Not this doesnt explain nipple numbness or the many other issues. I myself have numbness all over my body - I believe i have MCAS - which would explain most of my symptoms. But hard flaccid and CPPS is certaintly not unique to PSSD - many men can get this its just so poorly understood in the medical world that its existance isnt well known.

But its certaintly possible that this is something differnet - and more to do with the CNS system and some kind of nerve problem which would ultimatley affect the pudential nerve. I can say that althought I have full body numbess I am still sometimes able to have an orgasm that is just as intense as pre-ssri - that gives me so much hope. This isnt nerve damage but something else. And it will literally drive you mad trying to figure it out. So eat healthy, excercise, work on gut health and do some pelvic floor PT - I myself do DCT - dynamic contraction technique - google it
JakeLawe

I get you, it certainly can literally drive one nuts! Specially since all doctors seem totally worthless about, not to mention indifferent, and seems to me that the experts end up being us, the survivors, by internet research and own experience! Where are the medical experts on ssris? Because certainly psychiatrists aren't! and it seems that the chemists that created them are as clueless! (Many are already dead anyway), don't even want to mention how much of an expert the FDA people (which earn a lot of $$ from our taxes, btw) are!

I do think coming up with hypothesis is helpful and that the human body is, for most part, still a mystery and can spontaneously heal for all we know.. It's working/ healing on microscopical levels I can't even imagine while I type this.

I get many and/or all of the symptoms described in this forum.. people get them too for the most diverse of substances and/or reasons..and they heal the same way.. from the most diverse of substances and/or reasons.. sometimes by accident they realize they found what finally healed them!

I stumbled upon this thread on sexualanhedonia forum (which is more deserted than this one btw) and is a guy talking how his symptoms were ultimately pelvic floor dysfunction and how he's treating it/ healing. Goes on detailing everything and giving guides, etc.. some people also reporting benefits. THEN after some months, out of the blue he says "false alarm, I had lyme disease all along".

But I do think that, regardless, there's merit to it.. specially if some people benefited/ got healed by it.

Here's the thread, you may find it interesting:

http://sexualanhedonia.com/index.php/topic,877.0.html

Reminds me of the thread here about Bethanechol, a substance that I'd try if I had it.. how some guy said he got healed.. then many people try it..many show improvements, at least one other says he gets healed too... Then he says that he didn't really tried it and just wanted other people to be guinea pigs (I know)..some people here may remember it.. buuut I still think there's merit to Bethanechol or worth a shot.. from my own research anyway.

Point being both of these guys may have actually had people being healed with what they said healed them, even if at the end the story is a plot twist and one was a liar and the other ends up saying was placebo effect (a fascinating and mysterious effect on its own!, evidence of mind on body!)

Anyway, just wanted to copy paste that thread here for anyone interested on pelvic floor dysfunction, I'd say is worth a read regardless of the plot twist:

http://sexualanhedonia.com/index.php/topic,877.0.html

This is another related link that looks useful. Seems worth a shot to do some of these now and then or daily, see if one sees a difference.

https://pelvicphysiotherapy.com/

I agree with you a good diet, moderate exercise (which can include pelvic physiotherapy), being with friends, socializing if possible (hard due covid now, I know), good sleep habits, watching comedy shows, and I would add meditation and art.. I'd say that's the way to go to hasten the healing.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

john099 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:53 pm Let me address some of this - I have been studying pelvic floor dysfunction for 2 years and have talked to a lot of people - including meeting in person David McCoid - one of the creators of DCT (Dynamic Contraction Technique).

1.) A lot of people with hard flaccid have a numb penis - and it starts seemingly out of nowhere. For us, I believe its a combination of tight muscles and some sort of chemical or hormonal imbalance induced by drugs. But there are people who have gotten hard flaccid from taking illegal drugs too and steroids - not just ssri or finasteride or accutane etc. There is a delicate balance of horomones and chemicals and neurotransmitters that keep your pelvic floor relaxed and constricted - and these drugs mess it up.

2.) Not true, many people in the DCT facebook group with hard flaccid (not from drugs) have just numb penis and scrotum. The fascia is too tight and its compressing the nerves causing impaired bloodflow and numbness. But its not widespread necessarily (ive not run across that). Now for people with PSSD, including myself, I have numbish skin everywhere - which I believe is IN ADDITION to the numbess I experience from hard flaccid. Reason I believe this is that after doing DCT I have been orgasms and slightly better sensation - that only leads to the conclusion that I am freeing up those nerves by doing resistance stretching on the muscles that surround the pelvic floor.

3.) I know plenty of people with hard flaccid who dont have any pain whatsoever or ED - including me. I have hard flaccid but no pain or ED

4.) True - these are not related but just other symptoms that the drugs caused. There is some sort of homeostasis that is disrupted from these damn drugs and it leads to a lot of problems. For example I have Tinnitus and Visual snow and eye floaters since PSSD - of course these are probably not related to pelvic floor.

I think you should re-evaluate the pelvic floor issue - I think there are only 2 ways to get better 1.) Use some sort of supplement, herb, or drug to fix whatever has been messed up or 2.) Do pelvic floor therapy to help improve sexual function.

and here is where everyone goes wrong - they go to a traditional pelvic floor therapist and do what they are told (relaxation, normal stretching, happy baby pose, finger in ass for trigger points, etc) and they dont get better so they assume that pelvic floor is not the problem - but in the DCT facebook group there are 400 ppl who have gotten CPPS and hard flaccid from reasons that are not drugs and they also DID NOT IMPROVE using traditional PT either. I have done it myself and got nowhere. Thats why I am doing DCT - Dynamic Contraction Technique and believe its the best path forward - unless you want to experiment with supplements.

No I dont get paid in any way for recommending DCT - I just have a good deal of knowledge on this subject and hate to see people suffer like I have - and I am not recovered but DCT does improve my orgasm and sensation and makes sex more enjoyable - and I'm still doing the program - takes long time to fix this shit.

Anyways, hope this helps - send me a PM if you have questions but I dont get on here all that much
This is one of the best theories I am currently following, thanks for that.
How can I fix it? I do DCT and it actually improves my feeling and orgasm. Everything is still pretty numb (especially the scrotum), the penis curve just doesn't go away, just the pain.
There must be something to bring this homeostasi back into balance...
I tried so many natural supplements and they did a shit.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia