Treatments for Genital Anesthesia specifically ?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
PSSD_Throwaway28

Re: Treatments for Genital Anesthesia specifically ?

Unread post by PSSD_Throwaway28 »

john099 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:31 pm I believe its caused by pelivc floor dysfunction - if you look at he CPPS forums they also have numb genitals, no libido, ED, Soft glans, issues with urinating, hard flaccid, etc

So you can see they are similar symptoms due to the nerves being compressed - I have had better orgasms and better sensation after doing DCT - resistance stretching for pelvic floor.

But this is not the cause of PSSD - just one of the many symptoms. Others have reported improvement with pelvic floor therapy

Not a miracle cure though - but it helps
Ya i've looked up hard flaccid - the trouble is I don't have any of the other symptoms like E.D., deformed genitalia, trouble urinating, or genital pain so I really don't think I fit the bill.

I do sometimes hope that Pundendal Nerve Compression/Injury is a possibility in my case since I've had colo-rectal problems in the past that lead me to strain at stool pretty often which is one of the leading causes. But, to be honest, it doesn't strike me as very likely for four reasons:

(1) my genital numbness only occurred when I began SSRI's, and increased when I increased my dose. Prior to that I had perfect sensitivity.

(2) From what I understand, in most cases of serious pundendal nerve compression there is pretty widespread numbing in the genital region, but the numbing I experience is mostly isolated to the head of my penis, I might have very slight numbing elsewhere in my scrotum, but honestly its hard to tell and things feel mostly normal.

(3) I don't experience any pain/sensory disturbances in my genital region or E.D., which are two very common symptoms of Punendal Neuralgia.

(4) Although these have thankfully more or less gone away, in the first 9 months since stopping meds I had other PSSD symptoms like Anhedonic Orgasms, Anorgasmia, and emotional blunting; none of which are accounted for by Pundendal Neuralgia as far as I can tell.

Still, I can't rule out pundendal nerve compression entirely. In fact, the development of my symptoms might have gone something like this. I go on SSRI's for 8 months, which are known to cause constipation and numbing in the groin. The constipation+other factors (sitting too long, etc) eventually causes me to get a pundendal nerve injury, but I don't feel it because of the effect of the SSRI's (this seems very plausible since SSRIs are prescribed for nerve pain sometimes). I get off SSRI's and have moderate PSSD symptoms including severe genital numbing, which I attribute entirely to PSSD. Unbeknownst to me, my genital numbing is at least partially caused by a pundendal nerve injury at this point, which is why it has persisted even when my other PSSD symptoms have substantially improved. This is certainly a coherent story, even if it would be a very big coincidence. But if this is what's going on, hopefully it is still treatable.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Let me address some of this - I have been studying pelvic floor dysfunction for 2 years and have talked to a lot of people - including meeting in person David McCoid - one of the creators of DCT (Dynamic Contraction Technique).

1.) A lot of people with hard flaccid have a numb penis - and it starts seemingly out of nowhere. For us, I believe its a combination of tight muscles and some sort of chemical or hormonal imbalance induced by drugs. But there are people who have gotten hard flaccid from taking illegal drugs too and steroids - not just ssri or finasteride or accutane etc. There is a delicate balance of horomones and chemicals and neurotransmitters that keep your pelvic floor relaxed and constricted - and these drugs mess it up.

2.) Not true, many people in the DCT facebook group with hard flaccid (not from drugs) have just numb penis and scrotum. The fascia is too tight and its compressing the nerves causing impaired bloodflow and numbness. But its not widespread necessarily (ive not run across that). Now for people with PSSD, including myself, I have numbish skin everywhere - which I believe is IN ADDITION to the numbess I experience from hard flaccid. Reason I believe this is that after doing DCT I have been orgasms and slightly better sensation - that only leads to the conclusion that I am freeing up those nerves by doing resistance stretching on the muscles that surround the pelvic floor.

3.) I know plenty of people with hard flaccid who dont have any pain whatsoever or ED - including me. I have hard flaccid but no pain or ED

4.) True - these are not related but just other symptoms that the drugs caused. There is some sort of homeostasis that is disrupted from these damn drugs and it leads to a lot of problems. For example I have Tinnitus and Visual snow and eye floaters since PSSD - of course these are probably not related to pelvic floor.

I think you should re-evaluate the pelvic floor issue - I think there are only 2 ways to get better 1.) Use some sort of supplement, herb, or drug to fix whatever has been messed up or 2.) Do pelvic floor therapy to help improve sexual function.

and here is where everyone goes wrong - they go to a traditional pelvic floor therapist and do what they are told (relaxation, normal stretching, happy baby pose, finger in ass for trigger points, etc) and they dont get better so they assume that pelvic floor is not the problem - but in the DCT facebook group there are 400 ppl who have gotten CPPS and hard flaccid from reasons that are not drugs and they also DID NOT IMPROVE using traditional PT either. I have done it myself and got nowhere. Thats why I am doing DCT - Dynamic Contraction Technique and believe its the best path forward - unless you want to experiment with supplements.

No I dont get paid in any way for recommending DCT - I just have a good deal of knowledge on this subject and hate to see people suffer like I have - and I am not recovered but DCT does improve my orgasm and sensation and makes sex more enjoyable - and I'm still doing the program - takes long time to fix this shit.

Anyways, hope this helps - send me a PM if you have questions but I dont get on here all that much
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Let me address some of this - I have been studying pelvic floor dysfunction for 2 years and have talked to a lot of people - including meeting in person David McCoid - one of the creators of DCT (Dynamic Contraction Technique).

1.) A lot of people with hard flaccid have a numb penis - and it starts seemingly out of nowhere. For us, I believe its a combination of tight muscles and some sort of chemical or hormonal imbalance induced by drugs. But there are people who have gotten hard flaccid from taking illegal drugs too and steroids - not just ssri or finasteride or accutane etc. There is a delicate balance of horomones and chemicals and neurotransmitters that keep your pelvic floor relaxed and constricted - and these drugs mess it up.

2.) Not true, many people in the DCT facebook group with hard flaccid (not from drugs) have just numb penis and scrotum. The fascia is too tight and its compressing the nerves causing impaired bloodflow and numbness. But its not widespread necessarily (ive not run across that). Now for people with PSSD, including myself, I have numbish skin everywhere - which I believe is IN ADDITION to the numbess I experience from hard flaccid. Reason I believe this is that after doing DCT I have been orgasms and slightly better sensation - that only leads to the conclusion that I am freeing up those nerves by doing resistance stretching on the muscles that surround the pelvic floor.

3.) I know plenty of people with hard flaccid who dont have any pain whatsoever or ED - including me. I have hard flaccid but no pain or ED

4.) True - these are not related but just other symptoms that the drugs caused. There is some sort of homeostasis that is disrupted from these damn drugs and it leads to a lot of problems. For example I have Tinnitus and Visual snow and eye floaters since PSSD - of course these are probably not related to pelvic floor.

I think you should re-evaluate the pelvic floor issue - I think there are only 2 ways to get better 1.) Use some sort of supplement, herb, or drug to fix whatever has been messed up or 2.) Do pelvic floor therapy to help improve sexual function.

and here is where everyone goes wrong - they go to a traditional pelvic floor therapist and do what they are told (relaxation, normal stretching, happy baby pose, finger in ass for trigger points, etc) and they dont get better so they assume that pelvic floor is not the problem - but in the DCT facebook group there are 400 ppl who have gotten CPPS and hard flaccid from reasons that are not drugs and they also DID NOT IMPROVE using traditional PT either. I have done it myself and got nowhere. Thats why I am doing DCT - Dynamic Contraction Technique and believe its the best path forward - unless you want to experiment with supplements.

No I dont get paid in any way for recommending DCT - I just have a good deal of knowledge on this subject and hate to see people suffer like I have - and I am not recovered but DCT does improve my orgasm and sensation and makes sex more enjoyable - and I'm still doing the program - takes long time to fix this shit.

Anyways, hope this helps - send me a PM if you have questions but I dont get on here all that much
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

"Fluoxetine-Induced Genital Anesthesia Relieved by Ginkgo biloba Extract"

https://www.psychiatrist.com/JCP/articl ... 0409e.aspx
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Interesting finding about Ginkgo biloba standardized extract. It may work, but caution should be taken because of reports of hypomania/Hypersexuality (I am aware that someone here might sell their kidneys for experiencing Hypersexuality) in patients taking both buspirone and Ginko. And some cases of prozac/gingko.

https://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/me ... ginkgo.htm
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Yeah I'm reading it can also possibly cause temporary infertility as in affecting sperm and is not to be mixed with other blood thinners or aspirin and ibuprofen, for example.. and probably not taken for too long.

Like with all medicines and supplements is best to extensively research and take just a little and see how one's body responds to it and under one's own risk.

I've taken it before without any adverse effects myself but not consistently.. thought I'd pass the info for anyone interested ..under one's own risk of course

Thank you for the info too!
pterostilbene

Unread post by pterostilbene »

Gone.
Last edited by pterostilbene on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSSD_Throwaway28

Unread post by PSSD_Throwaway28 »

pterostilbene wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:12 am What do you think is more likely to be caused by pelvic floor dysfunction or potential nerve damage (compared to any other reasons), numb glans or numb shaft? The difference is probably not so clear-cut in this case, but it seems worth thinking about in general what might affect different areas.
If it's due to some kind of nerve entrapment you are probably going to have some reduced sensation in areas other than the head of the penis.

You also just have to think through your personal history: is there anything that would potentially cause pudendal nerve entrapment like trauma to the genitals, straining on the toilet frequently, high intensity biking, or squatting to lift heavy weights with improper technique often? If yes then it can't be ruled out, otherwise it is *extremely* unlikely.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Keep in mind that people with pelvic floor dysfunction who never took any drugs - also get relief from certain supplements and even what they eat. They can get worsening of symptoms from smoking weed or eating badly. So dont think that just because Ginko helps - that its a brain or CNS issue. It might be but dont jump to conclusions. I believe that SSRI and a lot of drugs can induce pelvic floor dysfunction and numb genitals, no libido, ED, premature Ejac, hard flaccid, having to pee all the time, pain, burning are all symptoms that people with CPPS can have. People get hard flaccid from steroids, antibiotics, finasteride, accutane, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, adderall, even caffeine and alcohol. But people with PSSD obviously have more issues than just their sexual function - this is just one part of the dysfunction these drugs can cause.

I would do physcial therapy before taking risky supplements - but I truly appreciate those willing to take the risk to further our understanding of this condition.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Part of the problem is that Hard Flaccid is just as poorly understood as PSSD. So people with PSSD usually dont put the pieces together that it is a form of CPPS because when they go to the doctor - the doctor has no clue why their genitals are numb. You always have to remember whenever there is no funding or potential to profit - there is no research. So doctors have no clue what hard flaccid is - and plenty of physical therapists dont either. Its the same as tinnitus - doctors have no clue other than hearing loss. No funding = clueless doctors