Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Re: Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Unread post by Meso »

i.hope wrote:Thanks for giving us hope! this is life-changing news to me because your background is very similar to mine and I think I have the same subtype of PSSD

How were you able to source DXM ? is it available online ? or did you extract it from other meds that contains it ? or did you just take high doses of meds that contain it?
A med that contains it (along with an antihistamine).
TalkingAntColony wrote:Exciting results!

Is it required that DXM and naltrexone are ran at the same time?

I wonder what the minimum effective doses of these two are, as I imagine the side effects of these drugs will make it difficult to last even a few days on this regimen for many of us.

I happen to have both DXM and naltrexone on hand, but I might need to come off of rasagiline before trying this. Also, this regimen will probably make me feel terrible and exacerbate insomnia, so I'm not committing to trying anything yet.
Yes, they must be run at the same time to utilize the AMPA-mediated LTP. Taking Naltrexone during the NMDA rebound could also work for LTP, but I imagine this to be extremely dysphoric and psychologically damaging.
finities infinities wrote:I think about what you wrote all the time and try to imagine your thoughts before and after therapy. When did you have thoughts similar to what I wrote in my thread? After therapy, did you start thinking about existential topics, e.g. can the earth's resources or combination of haircuts, clothes shapes, human faces, tree shapes run out? Have you become more analytical or rational or more magical, optimist, wishful?
I'm currently in an unstable condition due to the NMDA-rebound withdrawal. I'll let you know of my thoughts when I'm stabilized.
lukejimmy wrote:Does your PSSD involve deralization/depersonalization and has DXM ndma antagonist withdrawal produced a rebound effect?
Yes, it involved DR/DP. The regimen fixes that - probably due to NMDA rebound making me more associated with the world.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

OK, I understant. Your actual state is similar to my state after Carbamazepine PAWS but before Amisulpride/mianserin PSSD, which removed my libido.
Of your actual unstable state manifested by some such disturbingly overly analytical thinking? For example, if you were a very religious person, would you begin to doubt the existence of a god in this state?
I took DXM for 2 day, hew month ago with very improve my state during his action and then a terrible rebound effect during which I gave up all my life plans that already began to appear in my head when DXM was working and I hid at home with suicidal thoughts. When it comes to depersonalization, NMDA antagonist substances paradoxically reduce it in me, while anything that increases its activity increases depersonalization ( with characteric to DP cuting short term memory) . Your memory problems are probably just like mine, problems with short-term memory while long-term memory is even sharpened? When will you look at me? Do you know what I can use for probing?
Memantine is to weak for me to antagonistic NMDA effect ( i feel only same nicotinic antagonist). I more strong feeling probably this antagonist from DXM. But maybe high dose memantine ( like 40 mg?) being good for me, but i suspect this high dose memantine did me ,,stupid" feeling.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

good to see the dxm working for you too, I've told people on groups here but few listened, it's nice to see a smart guy confirming it

I'm on 1/3 of the way on my nandrolone/dutasteride protocol, do you think it's a good idea introducing dxm now or not??

EDIT: just confirmed i do not respond to baclofen
Last edited by PsychoGenesis on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

Hi Mesolimbo!
Thx for sharing!
What would the best way to source DXM? I live in Canada and DXM is already a med that’s abused by kids.

There are a lot of “Syrups”, but with only something like 15mg per 5ml dosage, I’d have to drink a whole bottle of Benylin every day to get in the 250-300 mg range, plus putting in my body all the other gross ingredients that come with this product. Many products also include acetaminophen, etc.
Any suggestions ? Dark Web? What about purifying DXM cold meds? Can doctors prescribe high dose of DXM?

Naltexone can be sourced on alldaychemist pretty easily, though.
Thx!
PsychoGenesis

garycooper wrote:Hi Mesolimbo!
Thx for sharing!
What would the best way to source DXM? I live in Canada and DXM is already a med that’s abused by kids.

There are a lot of “Syrups”, but with only something like 15mg per 5ml dosage, I’d have to drink a whole bottle of Benylin every day to get in the 250-300 mg range, plus putting in my body all the other gross ingredients that come with this product. Many products also include acetaminophen, etc.
Any suggestions ? Dark Web? What about purifying DXM cold meds? Can doctors prescribe high dose of DXM?

Naltexone can be sourced on alldaychemist pretty easily, though.
Thx!
i'll send you a pm
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Please don't try this DXM/Nalt trial until I confirm or deny permanent improvements to baseline in at least a couple of weeks. Although promising, it's still too early - let's not jump to conclusions.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
enriqueiglesias

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

Like the promise of permanence of this. My question is: why this strong focus on DXM? NMDA-antagonism is a fairly prevalent feature of various supplements, albeit often in different ways or at different sites. However could one also maybe take something else, like Magnesium-L-Threonate or Lithium? I know Lithium has also other side-effects and shouldn't be taken in high doses, however I find it fairly strong even at low doses and think its side-effects might be managed.
Maybe one should make a list qualifying NMDA-antagonists and make propositions for tentatively safe and effective doses.

And I think Naltrexone is the trickiest part for most to copy here, since it's a prescription drug. It adds the requirement to talk openly to some doctor or find another way to convince one. I don't know of herbal supplements which antagonise all opioid receptors in the same way, however St. John's Wort has some constituent which seems to antagonise a slightly unclear and varying number of opioid receptors. And I just found Apigenin (Chamomile) might antagonise all the ones needed albeit maybe in a weak way (Wikipedia): "apigenin has been found to possess nanomolar affinity for the opioid receptors (Ke = 410 nM, 970 nM, and 410 nM for the μ-, δ-, and κ-opioid receptors, respectively), acting as a non-selective antagonist of all three opioid receptors". It even is an NMDA antagonist. It also comes with side-effects on GABA and maybe the benzodiazepine-site, though it's said to be safe and not very addictive.
And Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) has some effect on some opioid receptors and think is supposed to shorten refractory period (I think this is true), however whenever I try to find out which receptor, and whether agonism or antagonism, I can't find it.
PsychoGenesis

enriqueiglesias wrote:Like the promise of permanence of this. My question is: why this strong focus on DXM? NMDA-antagonism is a fairly prevalent feature of various supplements, albeit often in different ways or at different sites. However could one also maybe take something else, like Magnesium-L-Threonate or Lithium? I know Lithium has also other side-effects and shouldn't be taken in high doses, however I find it fairly strong even at low doses and think its side-effects might be managed.
Maybe one should make a list qualifying NMDA-antagonists and make propositions for tentatively safe and effective doses.

And I think Naltrexone is the trickiest part for most to copy here, since it's a prescription drug. It adds the requirement to talk openly to some doctor or find another way to convince one. I don't know of herbal supplements which antagonise all opioid receptors in the same way, however St. John's Wort has some constituent which seems to antagonise a slightly unclear and varying number of opioid receptors. And I just found Apigenin (Chamomile) might antagonise all the ones needed albeit maybe in a weak way (Wikipedia): "apigenin has been found to possess nanomolar affinity for the opioid receptors (Ke = 410 nM, 970 nM, and 410 nM for the μ-, δ-, and κ-opioid receptors, respectively), acting as a non-selective antagonist of all three opioid receptors". It even is an NMDA antagonist. It also comes with side-effects on GABA and maybe the benzodiazepine-site, though it's said to be safe and not very addictive.
And Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) has some effect on some opioid receptors and think is supposed to shorten refractory period (I think this is true), however whenever I try to find out which receptor, and whether agonism or antagonism, I can't find it.
dxm is unique, sigma, imidazoline, 5ht1, to name a few targets... only when cyp metabolism is low tho
naltrexone is easy to get besides being prescription

let's not reinvent the wheel... just yet
enriqueiglesias

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

5HT1a is not a new topic, so one would not be limited to that. And other substances are not reported to have quite so "dysphoric" or other negative effects. Given the diverse nature of NMDA-antagonists, it might still be good to say which ones are the "right" ones. For example, Zinc just seems to stop anything else from docking but not have an upregulating effect itself like antagonists are supposed to.
"Imidazoline" was not even mentioned. I don't think naltrexone is easy to get, that would mean looking for it the normal ways by definition.

It's not "reinventing the wheel" by any means, on the contrary, it's actually using all the ways which maybe should be known instead of being utterly random about one choice (the same as on the topic of 5HT1a prescription drugs which many are so adamant about ). Don't make an issue out of this, your "boss" is not being attacked. [Last part clarified from "is fine" to "not being attacked", after the weaselly twist to it in the response.]
Last edited by enriqueiglesias on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsychoGenesis

enriqueiglesias wrote:5HT1a is not a new topic, so one would not be limited to that. And other substances are not reported to have quite so "dysphoric" or other negative effects. Given the diverse nature of NMDA-antagonists, it might still be good to say which ones are the "right" ones. For example, Zinc just seems to stop anything else from docking but not have an upregulating effect itself like antagonists are supposed to.
"Imidazoline" was not even mentioned. I don't think naltrexone is easy to get, that would mean looking for it the normal ways by definition.

It's not "reinventing the wheel" by any means, on the contrary, it's actually using all the ways which maybe should be known instead of being utterly random about one choice (the same as on the topic of 5HT1a prescription drugs which many are so adamant about ). Don't make an issue out of this, your "boss" is fine.
but it's not a mere 5ht1 agonist/antagonist, it increases the firing rate in the DRN specifically
Imidazoline" was not even mentioned
ok, boss