Attempting to cure/reverse my own PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
succubus76

Re: Attempting to cure/reverse my own PSSD

Unread post by succubus76 »

From your vlog about progesterone:
Mesolimbo wrote: generally reduce sexual desire in males. This fact lead to progestins being used in chemical castration of male sex offenders.
The mechanism by which progesterone and progestins reduce male libido is not fully explained by their ability to reduce plasma testosterone, as normal testosterone level can be found in both impotent and hypersexual males
Since progesterone is a potent inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase, decreasing in older men progesterone plays a role in increasing the rate of conversion of testosterone to DHT.
Although.
important for male fertility It's because it acts on spermatogenesis, testosterone production synthesized by Leydig cells and facilitating training and sperm motility.
About pfs:
Plasma DHT and statistically significant decreased levels allopregnanolone, and high levels of pregnenolone were observed (the latter two are neurosteroids) and so does DHEA.
https://www.andrologica.es/la-progesterona-hombre/#
Change language in the upper left corner to english

We conclude that progesterone and the 19-nor-derivatives inhibit 5 alpha-reductase activity at high doses.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1828548/

Some memebers here have high progesterone i think.
And i find i bit odd that is suggesting progesterone works as a 5-alpha redutaced inhibitor by himself.
Sorry if I'm wrong, im just try to help
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:15 pm if serves as anecdote, when i injected nandrolone and dropped test there was a estrogen buildup(assuming 17b-hsd induction from test + E1 increase from nandro + E2 from test) my libido shot to hardcore levels, both sensitivity/quality/frequency of erections came back along with insane libido

from nothing in the past 2-3 months to 3-4x a day rock hard for half a week before homeostasis caught up
That's interesting, the highest sex drive increase if ever gotten(about 90% of pre-PSSD level) was when I stopped taking Anastrozole after taking it for ~4 weeks. About 5-7 days after stopping my libido shot through the roof and I felt almost cured, reminded me just what I have been missing out on since PSSD started 11 years ago. This effect lasts for a few days(3-6). I repeated this effect twice, am currently on Anastrozole .5mg EOD and looking forward to quitting it abruptly in a little bit.

I'm really not sure what can explain this effect but it's been the most effective thing so far and I've tried probably around 50 potential cures. Quitting the aromatse inhibitor abruptly could cause the E to spike up, but I don't see how that would cause sex drive, sensitivity, orgasm, etc. to spike like this, I know I'm not E deficient in the first place.

Anyone has a theory?
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

lepardglass wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:51 pm
PsychoGenesis wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:15 pm if serves as anecdote, when i injected nandrolone and dropped test there was a estrogen buildup(assuming 17b-hsd induction from test + E1 increase from nandro + E2 from test) my libido shot to hardcore levels, both sensitivity/quality/frequency of erections came back along with insane libido

from nothing in the past 2-3 months to 3-4x a day rock hard for half a week before homeostasis caught up
That's interesting, the highest sex drive increase if ever gotten(about 90% of pre-PSSD level) was when I stopped taking Anastrozole after taking it for ~4 weeks. About 5-7 days after stopping my libido shot through the roof and I felt almost cured, reminded me just what I have been missing out on since PSSD started 11 years ago. This effect lasts for a few days(3-6). I repeated this effect twice, am currently on Anastrozole .5mg EOD and looking forward to quitting it abruptly in a little bit.

I'm really not sure what can explain this effect but it's been the most effective thing so far and I've tried probably around 50 potential cures. Quitting the aromatse inhibitor abruptly could cause the E to spike up, but I don't see how that would cause sex drive, sensitivity, orgasm, etc. to spike like this, I know I'm not E deficient in the first place.

Anyone has a theory?
someone on discord mentioned a study that after a year on AI the subjects got a shift in sensitization as if they were not taking anything

am also on letrozole since a couple weeks and not planning to come of