Cabergoline vs pramipexole

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
lepardglass

Cabergoline vs pramipexole

Unread post by lepardglass »

After years of struggle I have finally decided to try a DA agonist. I am split between those two, they both seem very similar but pramipexole appears to hit D3 and also seems to have more success stories. Being from Canada it is hard to find good sources to purchase these, and the risk of losing package seems high. I would like to know if some of you would be willing to share your experiences.

Thank you
taarn

Re: Cabergoline vs pramipexole

Unread post by taarn »

lepardglass wrote:After years of struggle I have finally decided to try a DA agonist. I am split between those two, they both seem very similar but pramipexole appears to hit D3 and also seems to have more success stories. Being from Canada it is hard to find good sources to purchase these, and the risk of losing package seems high. I would like to know if some of you would be willing to share your experiences.

Thank you
Actually I've tried each of the two. I didn't really like Cabergoline (2 x 0.25mg / week), it gave me better morning erections, but with numbness it was more negative than positive. I also tried Pramipexole but honestly I didn't feel anything. I didn't go over 0.25mg though.
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

Actually I've tried each of the two. I didn't really like Cabergoline (2 x 0.25mg / week), it gave me better morning erections, but with numbness it was more negative than positive. I also tried Pramipexole but honestly I didn't feel anything. I didn't go over 0.25mg though.
Hey man, just reporting back on my experience. I tried Pamipexole for over a month, here's what I did:
0.25mg 1x/day for 2 days
0.50mg 1x/day for 30 days
1mg 1x/day for 3 days

I can't say I noticed much on the sexual side unfortunately. It made me very tired at night after taking it, strong sedative. Also made me unable to sleep after sun rise which is very unusual for me but a positive thing. After 10 days at .50mg I did notice mood improvement and better outlook in general, in line with the study suggesting it's use as an antidepressant. Besides that not much at all so I tried going up to 1mg with what was left and didn't noticed anything besides more tiredness, then tapered off for 2 weeks, no withdrawal symptoms.

Right now I want to try Mianserin next, however I can't seem to find a place to order it from. If anyone could help me out with this please PM me, I would really appreciate. It is not available for prescription in my country.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

I didn't want to create a new thread for caber so I will comment here.

Tried a single dose if 0.5mg cabergoline this week and it had no positive effect.

My prolactin was low anyway.

I know... not a useful report but I had to share.

Anybody think I should continue my cabergoline trial at 0.5mg per week for a couple of months? I still have 2 boxes.
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

Delfador wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:30 am I didn't want to create a new thread for caber so I will comment here.

Tried a single dose if 0.5mg cabergoline this week and it had no positive effect.

My prolactin was low anyway.

I know... not a useful report but I had to share.

Anybody think I should continue my cabergoline trial at 0.5mg per week for a couple of months? I still have 2 boxes.
I think pramipexole would be a better option. With cabergoline there is a risk of cardiac fibrosis
sinceCelexa2010

Unread post by sinceCelexa2010 »

I tried 1-3 doses of cabergoline but it did nothing but give me permanent tinnitus.
Delfador

Caber made me feel terribly depressed. No positive effect on pssd. Wtf why?
Delfador

Little update on my little cabergoline trial.

It significantly improved me. I would say after 3 weeks of cabergoline, I went from 20% to 70% in all sexual parameters.

My prolactin was NOT elevated when I started, it was in the low-normal range. I am also on "trt"(400mg/w).
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

Delfador wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 pm Little update on my little cabergoline trial.

It significantly improved me. I would say after 3 weeks of cabergoline, I went from 20% to 70% in all sexual parameters.

My prolactin was NOT elevated when I started, it was in the low-normal range. I am also on "trt"(400mg/w).
I had a good improvement in my sexual function with mucuna, did you try it before cabergoline ?
Delfador

No, I tried avoiding dopamine precursors due to fear of psychosis and DAWS. I thought a selective D2 agonist would narrow the spectrum my trials cover.

I will try L-dopa someday, if my future wellbutrin trial fails.