Insights into the cause of PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
AnhedonicApe

Re: Insights into the cause of PSSD

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

HereToHeal wrote:Has anybody apart from OP actually tried Fecal Transplants in this forum?
Its weird that this story came out more than a year ago and nobody has given it a try. Might be worth it.
A guy in the whatsapp group has now been using it for 2 weeks straight. Some benefits but nothing special yet.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

tonyareias wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:20 pm Hey, SSRI can cause gut problems in first days or weeks. High serotonin dosing can also cause gut problems at first times. Can be normal.
And yes gut problems can be the key for depression, anxiety and sexual dysfunction.
I think so too.

I've had gut problems since forever.. I think is probably anxiety..
But serotonin and dopamine (if one goes with this hypothesis) seem linked to the gut for sure..
When one is too constipated I think is when one feels more depressed or vice versa. Thus, according to this hypothesis, diarrhea means less depression! As funny as it may sound.

I have no idea how to fix gut problems. Anyone knows?

It also makes sense since of anyone here is familiar with the late Kurt Cobain, he complained of stomach problems and well.. seems to me he had "the blues".. .I think his stomach problems and depression were linked.

Anxiety and burping too much, for example.. I'd say most likely related.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

I don't believe in that bacteria bullshit.
Why people cured by so many different substances then? How can low dose SSRI or any other chemical medication curing the gut bacteria?
I took myself tons of probiotics and eat healthy over a long timeover a long time, nothing...
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Trazohell wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:22 pm I don't believe in that bacteria bullshit.
Why people cured by so many different substances then? How can low dose SSRI or any other chemical medication curing the gut bacteria?
I took myself tons of probiotics and eat healthy over a long timeover a long time, nothing...
I thought this for a long time, but some interesting studies linked in the Nystatin thread suggest that it increases nitric oxide and has sertonegenic (5ht1a) activity, so not purely 'bacteria shit' - lots of interesting PSSD links :)
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

JakeLawe wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:11 am I've had gut problems since forever.. I think is probably anxiety..
Probably your anxiety is caused by your gut problems.
Kido99

Unread post by Kido99 »

Hello,
I am participating in this forum for the first time because I find this thread very interesting. I just want to know if there is a possibility that people who experienced sexual dysfunction and other symptoms of autonomic disruption from a very short exposure (5 days of Zoloft/Sertraline 50mg in my case) might be struggling with permenant microbiome alterations? (Is there a method to determine whether the change is permenant or modifiable?)
I would love to find out more to restore my microbiome to its previous state.
I have struggled with bowel incontinence shortly after I started the medicine (acute phase), but that went away fairly quickly and surprisingly I am not having any constipation or diarrhoea the same way I used to before the medicine. However, lately I had another brief episode of incontinence that also went away quickly. I don't feel like the drug wrecked my gastrointestinal system that drastically. Sometimes I even think it was the only benefit of starting this poison (don't feel any pain or have constipation/diarrhoea). Anyone that has a similar experience and pursued the microbiome restoration route please share.
Kido99

Unread post by Kido99 »

AnhedonicApe wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 am
HereToHeal wrote:Has anybody apart from OP actually tried Fecal Transplants in this forum?
Its weird that this story came out more than a year ago and nobody has given it a try. Might be worth it.
A guy in the whatsapp group has now been using it for 2 weeks straight. Some benefits but nothing special yet.
Any updates?
captured

Unread post by captured »

Kido99 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 am
AnhedonicApe wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 am
Any updates?
The lastest update from Ape is his suicide which he committed in the last year's January. Rest in peace.
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

I have performed 6 Fecal Matter transplants on myself - coming from two different donors: 3 with my best friend and 3 with my current girlfriend. I did not have gut issues before, but thought this was worth trying as a sort of "systemic cure".

Still have PSSD. Not sure it improved anything. Might have improved significantly my immune system, but might have made me more antisocial. Its not exactly an exact science...
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Anybody who claims to be cured by fecal transplant must be literally full of shit...