SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
theheckme

Re: SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Unread post by theheckme »

beetlebum is obviously a fake acc trying to get peopel to crash
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

theheckme wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 am beetlebum is obviously a fake acc trying to get peopel to crash
There are plenty of people that had positive experiences (although often not lasting) on sjw so enough with the accusations
Idoagree

Unread post by Idoagree »

theheckme wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 am beetlebum is obviously a fake acc trying to get peopel to crash
Who’s beetlebum? I don’t see that username?

Also b>b4 do you have fatigue or feel tired at all? What do you mean you have a hard time visualizing things in your head?
B>b4

Unread post by B>b4 »

Well, I’ve been dealing with pssd for about 10 years so it’s hard to know what “normal” is anymore. As for fatigue, yes I think I’m fatigued. When I was very into my regime – taking supplements, eating well, exercising a lot – well, then I seemed to have lots of energy. That lasted about a year until covid started. As I said Covid and lockdown and everything has taken a lot out of me. So, now I do feel somewhat fatigued, certainly depressed, and I’m trying to get out of it.

Ya, the visualization thing is a weird one. Like I didn’t even notice it’s been missing until I read an article talking about how some people can’t visualize at all (from birth). Now, when I was young I had an extremely vivid imagination. My dreams were magical. And I could conjure up images in my “minds eye” super easily. I did it all the time actually. That article got me thinking about when that went away, which I also think correlated to the onset of my pssd symptoms. I do remember noticing, but I thought it was just one of those “you’re getting older” things.

I had the same revelation with MW. It was weird, I had noticed I wasn’t having them anymore but I just thought that’s a normal thing that happens when you get older. Then one day I stumbled on this site and a post that listed all the symptoms for pssd and almost every one of them I had experienced. And then around the same time I was talking to an older man (a bit older than me) and he was talking to me about intermittent fasting. He said that he hasn’t even noticed he didn’t have mw anymore until he started IF and then they came back. So that was what originally kick started my regime and IF. And, eventually, a lot of things DID improve. Which got me thinking that, with the right regime, pssd can be completely recovered from. I was, I think, pretty close. And then I took SJW and it kinda collapsed the progress I had made. As I said it helped with some of the sexual stuff, like arousal and maintaining an erection (perhaps at about 80% though), but it destroyed what little libido I had left, and I went back to near complete anhedonia.

So… why am I telling you all this? Well, I feel like they are all inter-related. If you can’t visualize, you can’t dream. If you can’t dream, perhaps you can’t imagine sexy thoughts. That might stop you from being aroused in your sleep. That might mean you don’t have mw. I think it’s interesting that my mw returned around the same time as my dreams came back. Even the anhedonia. It’s like I’m incapable of imagining a different future, so I have no motivation. Even sex is like a struggle to keep “in the moment” or I will lose the erection. Doesn’t that also sounds like a function of visualization, fantasy, or imagination?

This was actually one of my original reasons for trying sjw, trying to bring my dreams and sexual function back. I’m not positive it’s the reason my dreams came back but it was shortly after my sjw experiment and around that time my mw came back too. Both of these things have stuck. I dream almost every night now. I have mw almost every single morning. I should say both of these things came back very slowly. I think it was a month or maybe more between my first and second dream. And the dreams were super simple (almost just a fragment of a thought) at first. Over the past 2 years they have gotten more and more regular and more and more vivid. I’m still not at pre-pssd levels but I’ll take it. Same process for my mw too.

I think dreaming is actually a key to fixing whatever damage the ssri did to my brain. It’s like my brain is remembering what “normal” was supposed to be and then reorganizing things to try to get back to that state. So I’m super happy with that progress. I’m just super discouraged by the lack of libido and anhedonia coming back. I hadn’t fully recovered them before sjw, but they were probably at 30% of normal, which was huge progress.
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Anyone got any new sjw experiences?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

After reading this thread, I wonder: why are you people taking SJW every day? Arent you trying to resensitize the HT1-A receptor? You arent trying to get stable, constant levels of SJW. You want to periodically stimulate the receptor, why stimulate it constantly (every day)? Seems like thats the same path that got it desensitized at the start. Reuptake inhibitors every single day that made a lake of serotonin around your receptors...

Try taking a low dose, 500mg or less, of SJW every two days and report back. And you should probably work on stimulating dopamine receptors FIRST, which are pro energy, anti depressive, and pro sexual themselves.

Im trying 75mg of Seroquel every 3 weeks (highest dose I can tolerate) to block dopamine receptors and cause them to upregulate. I take alot of vitamins before the seroquel (at least 3 hours apart) because seroquel seems not great for your eyesight.

I was about to order SJW to try it, but now Im nervous off some of these stories.
B>b4

Unread post by B>b4 »

I did 1000mg SJW for 30 days. The first few days I didn't feel good but I'm not sure if that was due to SJW or if I was sick or something. I don't know if 30 days was too much, but it took about a week for me to start seeing some benefits (MW and dreams, specifically) so I think probably 2 weeks is kinda the minimum.

I do agree that I don't think large doses are necessary. I saw others in this thread were taking substantially more and even the bottle recommended 3 tabs (3x 1000mg) per day... that seemed crazy to me. Perhaps my headaches were caused by starting with too high a dosage.

Anyway, I posted my story here because, even though overall I think my SJW experiment was beneficial, it did come with some costs and I think people should be aware of those possibilities before trying it. It's now almost 2 years since I tried SJW and the benefits have stuck. They aren't 100% recovery but they are a pretty substantial improvement from my previous baseline, so I'm not trying to dissuade people from giving it a try.
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

B>b4 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:12 am I did 1000mg SJW for 30 days. The first few days I didn't feel good but I'm not sure if that was due to SJW or if I was sick or something. I don't know if 30 days was too much, but it took about a week for me to start seeing some benefits (MW and dreams, specifically) so I think probably 2 weeks is kinda the minimum.

I do agree that I don't think large doses are necessary. I saw others in this thread were taking substantially more and even the bottle recommended 3 tabs (3x 1000mg) per day... that seemed crazy to me. Perhaps my headaches were caused by starting with too high a dosage.

Anyway, I posted my story here because, even though overall I think my SJW experiment was beneficial, it did come with some costs and I think people should be aware of those possibilities before trying it. It's now almost 2 years since I tried SJW and the benefits have stuck. They aren't 100% recovery but they are a pretty substantial improvement from my previous baseline, so I'm not trying to dissuade people from giving it a try.
Do you have or did you have stomach issues leading up to taking sjw?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
B>b4

Unread post by B>b4 »

Breathdeep wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:01 pm
B>b4 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:12 am I did 1000mg SJW for 30 days. The first few days I didn't feel good but I'm not sure if that was due to SJW or if I was sick or something. I don't know if 30 days was too much, but it took about a week for me to start seeing some benefits (MW and dreams, specifically) so I think probably 2 weeks is kinda the minimum.

Do you have or did you have stomach issues leading up to taking sjw?
At the beginning of trying to tackle my pssd symptoms, many years ago now, yes I had pretty significant stomach and digestive issues. Pretty early on, I wanted to tackle those issues and was taking large doses of probiotics daily for an extended period. I don’t remember exactly how long, but probably a month or two. I also ate Greek yogurt regularly. I’d say whatever I did seemed to help as I haven’t really considered myself having stomach issues for several years now.
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

Delfador wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 pm I tapered down and then was off sjw for two days and returned to baseline

This morning i took 200 mg and started feeling libido improvement less than an hour later.

Took another 200 mg and felt hypersexual.

The odd thing is i dont feel anxiety. I used to get maaaassive panic attack at 400 mg per day.

I barely feel euphoric or manic either ...

Maybe the moai effect acts instantly whereas the N Da or Ser reuptake inhibition takes longer time to kick in.

It also means that a strong MOAI mught be a quick fix for some pssd cases (im just speculating)

Anyway. I dont believe sjw will cure me permanently but its a useful tool to keep in your pssd war arsenal
Delfador, what happened with the cabergoline that you said caused you tremendous benefits? Did it wear off?