SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Ghost

Re: SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Unread post by Ghost »

Beetlebum wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Beetlebum wrote:Ok, that's it! Sexual side effects are kicking in. Takes ages until I cum. I stop.
I suggest tapering off slowly instead of just quitting. It may be a long shot, but that could possibly do something positive. It's worth a try IMO.
I am too frightened by this stuff. :( I feel pretty good on it, though.
Yea it inhibits serotonin re-uptake like an SSRI I think. All I'm saying is that some people claim that if they taper off the SSRI that their chance for PSSD is reduced, I don't know if we can prove that ever... But maybe, just maybe if you tapered of, you'd see improvement. Just a thought, it's your call after all. Wishing you the best.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Beetlebum

Unread post by Beetlebum »

Ghost wrote: Yea it inhibits serotonin re-uptake like an SSRI I think. All I'm saying is that some people claim that if they taper off the SSRI that their chance for PSSD is reduced, I don't know if we can prove that ever... But maybe, just maybe if you tapered of, you'd see improvement. Just a thought, it's your call after all. Wishing you the best.
The SSRI-like symptoms are compensated by the effects on dopamine and other neurotransmitters to some extend, I think. To my surprise I had an almost acceptable orgasm yesterday - with an enjoyable buildup. I don't notice any withdrawal symptoms so far. I think I just quit taking normal doses, before the stuff can make any permanent mess with my receptors. Maybe I should try the OP method and take small doses several times a week, because I am convinced now that this drug has beneficial effects on PSSD.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Beetlebum wrote:
Ghost wrote: Yea it inhibits serotonin re-uptake like an SSRI I think. All I'm saying is that some people claim that if they taper off the SSRI that their chance for PSSD is reduced, I don't know if we can prove that ever... But maybe, just maybe if you tapered of, you'd see improvement. Just a thought, it's your call after all. Wishing you the best.
The SSRI-like symptoms are compensated by the effects on dopamine and other neurotransmitters to some extend, I think. To my surprise I had an almost acceptable orgasm yesterday - with an enjoyable buildup. I don't notice any withdrawal symptoms so far. I think I just quit taking normal doses, before the stuff can make any permanent mess with my receptors. Maybe I should try the OP method and take small doses several times a week, because I am convinced now that this drug has beneficial effects on PSSD.
I would try small doses, and then taper off slowly. Despite some bad reports on here, this is something that I will try eventually.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Beetlebum

Ghost wrote:
Beetlebum wrote:
I would try small doses, and then taper off slowly. Despite some bad reports on here, this is something that I will try eventually.
Yeah, it is definiteley worth a try. It is like it reminds your nervous system that there is something it should look at.
My sensation in the penis has improved. Everything downstairs feels more connected now. I have experienced this before in my windows. Maybe this IS indeed a window I am now in. Maybe not. We'll see...
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

So here is what I'm planning on doing for my test of SJW.

I want to take things SLOW. There is no reason to inhale large amounts of a Serotonin RI if I already have desensitized receptors. The pills I have are .3% hypericins. That's 1.35 mg per 450mg pill. I took apart the pills and pulled out over half of the SJW in them. I measured them out to each have about 200mg of SJW. This would be about .5mg hypericins.

Now, I researched SJW and noticed that it had a half life of 24-48 hours. Because of this, there's no reason to be taking it every single day, or the dose instead of your body will accumulate. This may have been part of the reason that the OP had good luck with this, because he took it only a few times per week. However, when I try this, I will be even more careful by cutting doses, and taking EXACTLY 3 times per week 200mg. This isn't something that I'm doing immediately, but something that I hope to do soon. If I see any changes in sexual functioning, I will then SLOWLY taper off of the SJW. Probably at increments of 50mg per week. If things were to go as well as they did for the OP, my schedule would look like. The "Ghost" plan :) . It would be about 7 weeks if things went as planned.

Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
(200mg) X (200mg) X (200mg) X X
(180mg) X (165mg) X (150mg) X X
(130mg) X (115mg) X (100mg) X X
(80mg) X (65mg) X (50mg) X X
(30mg) X (15mg) X (5mg) X X
brian6211

Unread post by brian6211 »

Ghost wrote:So here is what I'm planning on doing for my test of SJW.

I want to take things SLOW. There is no reason to inhale large amounts of a Serotonin RI if I already have desensitized receptors. The pills I have are .3% hypericins. That's 1.35 mg per 450mg pill. I took apart the pills and pulled out over half of the SJW in them. I measured them out to each have about 200mg of SJW. This would be about .5mg hypericins.

Now, I researched SJW and noticed that it had a half life of 24-48 hours. Because of this, there's no reason to be taking it every single day, or the dose instead of your body will accumulate. This may have been part of the reason that the OP had good luck with this, because he took it only a few times per week. However, when I try this, I will be even more careful by cutting doses, and taking EXACTLY 3 times per week 200mg. This isn't something that I'm doing immediately, but something that I hope to do soon. If I see any changes in sexual functioning, I will then SLOWLY taper off of the SJW. Probably at increments of 50mg per week. If things were to go as well as they did for the OP, my schedule would look like. The "Ghost" plan :) . It would be about 7 weeks if things went as planned.

I'm looking forward to hear your results Ghost...
Beetlebum

Yeah, me too.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

brian6211 wrote:
Ghost wrote:So here is what I'm planning on doing for my test of SJW.

I'm looking forward to hear your results Ghost...
Thanks guys. Again, it won't be right away. But it's now on the list of things that I want to try. By soon, I mean in terms of months probably. Maybe after school is out this May because then I'll have time to deal with it more. If/when I do try it, I'll let you know how it goes for sure.
Beetlebum

I give sjw another try now. 450 mg three times a week.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Beetlebum wrote:I give sjw another try now. 450 mg three times a week.
Sounds good. I think that the initial report from the OP should be given credit. Most people here have taken SJW like an SSRI (Everyday), and with it's long half life, it builds and therefore eventually fucks up sexual function. As a extension of this theory, maybe taking low does SSRI every few days COULD do the same thing. That's heavy speculation, but maybe, just maybe. If someone were going to try lose dose SSRI reinstatement, that's what I would suggest. More or less of a guess based on the fact that it wouldn't bioaccumulate and various reports of success by reinstating with a low dose and then tapering off.