SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
magnilo

Re: SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Unread post by magnilo »

So im about to start SJW and was wondering what is the consensus (if theres any) in the PSSD community whereas which extract i should go after or wether its hypericin or hyperforin to pursue? Atm my doc prescribed a LI 160 extract
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

There are several of SJW success stories, these successful stories were mostly with Perika (2% hyperforin) and Laif (3% hyperforin and 0.3% hypericin) brands. Take notice that most of these sjw extracts that are standarized to certain amount of hyperforin or hypericin, will still have the other one, just in unspecified amount. As far as i know the only extract that is exception to this rule is Ze 117 from australia, it is specifically manufactured to not contain hyperforin which influences liver P450 cytochromes and P-glycoprotein, in effect lowering the ability of certain drugs to have biological effect, so this Ze 117 extract in theory is safe with other medication. These sjw extracts that had positive influence on certain people, did contain both hyperforin and hypericin, standarized to one or another, or both, but as i mentioned, if not specifically manufactured to reduce the amount of any chemical, they likely did contain the other compound still, in unspecified amount. Side effects that some people mentioned while taking sjw are insomnia, extreme fatigue, increased anhedonia, strong depression. If you feel any of these, it is recommended to quit as these side effects may increase over time to the point you can become suicidal, I do not want to scare you, these effects are rather rare and you will probably feel subtle side effects first, before they increase. . Any effect of sjw should subside after 3 or 4 days after you quit. Positive effects mentioned are reduction in anhedonia, increased sexual function, better cognitive function, in those who respond well, even if they were not permanently cured. Notice that a lot of people within PSSD community took sjw without success in regards to being permanently cured, many had positive effects regardless of this, though. I recommend you read first 15 pages of this thread since it contain few cured cases and 1 person with nickname beetlebum used this topic as some kind of diary during his recovery, so you can see what to look out for in terms of sensations that he experienced and by this you can compare experiences. Wish you the best and good luck.
ytho

Unread post by ytho »

I am currently doing a trial with Laif 900 (the brand that Beetlebum used). I’ve started with 450mg daily (half a pill) in the evening and did this for three weeks. As I didn’t notice any effect from it (nothing good, nothing bad) I increased the dose to 900 mg daily (450 mg each morning and evening). I’m on 900 mg since five days now, so far no changes. I’ll keep doing this for some more time to see if anything happens.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

first of all thanks guacamo for the in depth reply! Its been now 2 weeks that im using 900mg daily of LI160 extract, altough the last days ive scaled down to 450mg due to being in vacation and exposed to the sun a lot. What i can say is that the first days i noticed an increase in social anxiety which for me manifests in reluctancy to engage in eye contact and similar and also stronger erections in the morning. unluckily i had no intercourse to see how it wouldve performed, as my libido has sunk recently (which was rarely an issue, as the problems were more of a mechanical/pleaseure/orgasmic nature). Anyway after a week or so this has subsided. I still feel a bit more detached emotionally than usually.
I think i will ramp up to 900mg and continue another 2 weeks at least
Katana

Unread post by Katana »

Any update?
Terabithia

Unread post by Terabithia »

SJW caused my PSSD. I was taking 900mg a day for 2 weeks and it caused my penis to become numb. It’s been a couple months now and I’m slowly seeing improvement. The brand I was taking is standardized to 0.3% hypericin.

I was on Escitalopram six months prior for a couple weeks but I did not experience PSSD from that.

After seeing this thread I decided to reinstate SJW at 300mg every second day. I’m hoping to see good results like BeetleBum and others. I’m on my second dose and so far I’ve been experiencing more numbness.

This has been my experience on SJW.

“I took St. John’s Wort from CanadianProtein back in August for a period of 2 weeks but I had to stop because of the extreme side effects I experienced. I followed the dosage on the package which said to take one capsule three times daily so I was taking about 900mg per day.

The effects I began to experience were weird to say the least.

- My appetite became nonexistent.

- I experienced severe anhedonia. It was as though all emotions were wiped clean from my psyche. I could’ve watched the scariest movie or been facing a life and death situation and my heart rate would not have increased at all. I had absolutely no stress or emotional response to anything. I felt like an empty vessel.

- My penis became numb and it felt like the connection between my brain and penis was severed. I had a very high libido before and was sensitive to all sexual stimuli including just sexual thoughts but within a span of two weeks my sexuality was erased. I could look at an attractive woman and feel zero sexual desire for her. I had zero sexual thoughts. I had no libido, no erections and no sensation anymore. Touching my penis felt like touching an object not connected to my body.

- My brain feels unfamiliar to myself now almost as though I woke up in someone else’s mind. It’s a slight change but I do not feel the same as I did before. I was genuinely at the best place in my life before taking the St. John’s Wort. I had a healthy diet in place and was following a strict workout routine but that all came crashing down. My energy levels have plummeted and my brain feels lethargic. I have no motivation for anything anymore and my entire existence just feels dampened now whereas before I used to be a very sensitive, emotional and perceptive person. I feel like I lost 20 IQ points.

- I don’t really think about anything anymore and time feels like it is flying by for me now. The days just fast forward blur together. I can’t remember what I did yesterday or the day before. I honestly can’t remember a single memory from yesterday let alone anything that I used to remember and carry with me on a daily basis. It’s as though my memory has been blunted and any memories I do have are now stripped of any emotional connection. For example I went through a breakup last year that left me distraught and I used to experience grief, anger and a multitude of emotional thoughts about it almost everyday but now it’s like 200 years have passed and I don’t even remember the girl anymore let alone feel any emotion towards her or have any specific memories of the moments shared between us. My mind feels like it got emotionally erased.

- It’s been two months now and I’m slightly improving in regards to the sexual dysfunction. I have slight sensation now and am able to get an erection after physical touch but it still feels like there is a block or disconnect in my brain. Visual stimuli or thoughts still provide no response. I am beginning to find women attractive again but just slightly so.

I am not asking for medical advice. Please do not take this post down. I am just seeking some more information on the mechanism of action for St John’s Wort. I suspect I am suffering from PSSD but was wondering if anyone could shed more light on the receptors that may have been altered or desensitized. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Obviously I know I should be extremely distraught but don’t even possess the faculties to feel anything anymore.

I have spoken to medical professionals but as of yet they are not taking me seriously or don’t know what to do.

TLDR; St John’s Wort flipped a switch in my brain and now I am desensitized to everything.”