HCG to increase neuro steroids

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Troskie

HCG to increase neuro steroids

Unread post by Troskie »

I came across this discussion where a person with PFS cured it by using HCG :
https://raypeatforum.com/community/thre ... 215/page-1
https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/joekoo ... -hcg/46717

I received but have yet to start a Testosterone and HCG prescription from an online mens health clinic. I've recently noticed (after getting this prescription) that I'm starting to bald (at 30 years old), and am sort of hesitant to start this treatment for fear it will speed up my balding.

Anyway, this guy claims that he cured PFS by using HCG, with his idea being that using it increased his levels of neuro-steroids. His testosterone levels weren't low according to lab tests (my aren't really low either, about 500 ng/dl), but that doesn't measure the neuro steroids specifically.
Brain food

Re: HCG to increase neuro steroids

Unread post by Brain food »

What do you mean by HCG? I looked it up on Google and found that it can stand for Human chorionic gonadotropin. However, that’s a pregnancy hormone. Can that be given as a medication? Is it given to both men and women?
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

HCG is a pregnancy hormone but also does other things in the body. It tells the hypothalmus to produce more testosterone. Its used to get steriod abusers to produce Testosterone in their nuts after steriod abuse shut down their testicles. i dont remember if HCG effects FSH or not or whether it increases neurosteriods like alloprgenanolone. Basically male sexuality is not "just T levels" like most moron doctors think. You also need some (some) estrogen for libido.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Yes, HCG mimics LH which tells your leydig cells to produce testosterone. From the first link above "stimulation from HCG also improves all downstream steroid production like progesterone which then helps neurosteroids".

Basically the thought is there are a bunch of steroid hormones other than testosterone/estrogen, and this method will give you more precursors so your body can (on it's own) make a wide range of neurosteroids.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

I started the HCG monotherapy. I'll keep this thread updated on my progress.

Was just browsing for some stories of hcg increasing libido:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Testosterone/c ... as_worked/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Testosterone/c ... cessfully/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Testosterone/c ... increases/
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Been on hcg monotherapy almost 5 weeks now. I've noticed some interesting things so far. Namely, i'm often having body chills like goose bumps or tingling which prior to this I can't remember the last time I had. Since getting pssd ~10 years ago i'm not sure i've experienced chills/sensations like this. I went to a friends yesterday and he said I seem calmer than usual (in a good way).

I'm seeing enough so far to be hopeful and to keep up with this regimen. The success story I linked (from PFS) didn't start to see benefits until around the 10 week mark.
Last edited by Troskie on Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I tried a cycle, it did nothing for me.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

GIXXER wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 pm I tried a cycle, it did nothing for me.
Just to be clear, is what you did hcg monotherapy? If so what sort of dosage/timeline did you do that for.

The thought is hcg monotherapy will allow downstream neurosteroids to be produced, and taking testosterone will not give you this effect.
DeepRacer

Unread post by DeepRacer »

I’ve been taking 100mg test/week and 200IU HCG 2x/week for the past month and I’ve gotten more energy and motivation. Would I be getting the neurosteroid benefits of using this dosage or should I increase the dosage?
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

DeepRacer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:58 pm I’ve been taking 100mg test/week and 200IU HCG 2x/week for the past month and I’ve gotten more energy and motivation. Would I be getting the neurosteroid benefits of using this dosage or should I increase the dosage?
I really can't say. I myself have been doing 250IU hcg EOD, the only reason is i'm trying to copy what that joekool user did in the post I linked.

If your having positive effects, maybe just keep doing what your doing and see if you keep improving. I wanted the monotherapy without Testosterone just because thats what this user did to successfully treat PFS.