Future of the Forum

Administrative notes and announcements.
Ghost

Future of the Forum

Unread post by Ghost »

I'm skeptically reopening the forum to new members. I don't know if people have noticed but I've been adding a few users sporadically when I think that they are trustworthy. What will this not entail? Free-reign. I'll still have to manually accept new members, and I'm busy, so it may be a slow process, and for some suspicious accounts it may not happen at all. These new accounts will have PM bans, and probably post limits until I can grow to trust them. Please be patient with this.

Some people here that are new haven't seen what can happen, and what may as a result. If this happens again, I might be done with cleaning it up again. I only have so much patience for this stuff. We lost one admin because of excessive drama, and I'm not going anywhere... but things may change if this doesn't work.

We'll see how it goes, but if it leads to bullshit being posted that pulls the reputability of Sonny or myself into harm, I will not hesitate to ban any people I suspect, or to close the forum to new members for good.

I hope that people realize how important that it is for us to stay united and stick together. This is a beacon of hope in a dismal condition. If we have any chance at all of figuring this out, we need to stay together. More importantly than the politics of this forum is the success of our research. I have little patience for things that distract from that goal. Please don't fuck this up. This is my last straw.

Ghost
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
fasttrack1982

Re: Future of the Forum

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

Good luck Ghost, my opinion; do whatever you need to do to keep the forum going. Don't worry what other people say about it.
EricCartmanRJ

Unread post by EricCartmanRJ »

Nice! We need more case reports. More debates. Ideas that can lead us to something.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

The survival of a united forum is crucial for preserving the work we've already done, and for creating a community that the scientific community can recognize and help aid.

I am committed to listening to what people on this forum want to happen, and making this forum the most academic, respected, and lively place for people to discuss PSSD.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Better

Unread post by Better »

Hi, I would like to use private message. Is it possible?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Better wrote:Hi, I would like to use private message. Is it possible?
Welcome to the forum! The current settings restrict PM for new members. Once we get to know you better you'll have access to all forum features.
Better

Unread post by Better »

I would like to talk to you Ghost, but I can't PM you.
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

I'm not sure what I think about this. I'm willing to give it a chance though. However, there is going to be a hair trigger on the ban hammer, and if there are any issues with my stalker this getting shut down.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I remember Sonny being pretty clear about this in the past, but I think it needs to be stated again. Please search for a thread to see if it's existing before you create one. Having many threads on one subject is just confusing as hell.

Also, keep personal updates in your introduction, and please create an introduction so we know a bit about you before you become active here.

Ghost