life after pssd

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
anacleta

Re: life after pssd

Unread post by anacleta »

since I have the pSSD my life is better. I kid you not: of course, the two things are not linked. The pSSD is the greatest misfortune and nightmare happened in my life.

I started three years ago to take abilify, one month after I introduced citalopram, and there began sexual dysfunction that we do not have never gone out of my body.

only that while I was assuming the drugs, and I thought it was temporary sexual side effects, I started to feel better mood. I had at that time my FIRST kiss and my first sexual intercourse at 26 years! before then, I thought that this would never have been possible, because of my psychological disorders (avoidant personality disorder, dismorphophobia).

Now I do not take more citalopram and I have a severe form of PSSD.

I have tried to suspend abilify, but I was back in a severe suffering of neurotic origin, that the thing is now, is focused to the maximum right on my PSSD, I perceive as a monstrous castration and an endless nightmare. Furthermore, with no abilify I'm so anguished, that I can no longer feel any pleasure.

I have also been for more than 1 month without drugs and without abilify, but the PSSD has no improvement.

I now still take abilify, which saves me completely from depression (which makes me want to kill myself because of anguish very strong). and taking abilify, I can distract myself from PSSD, not just think it. I can play a small job that I do not mind, I can be comfortable with my boyfriend, and together with other friends, I can feel pleasure and enthusiasm for different things, i have some hobbies. In short, I now, but only with abilify, I'm much better than pre-PSSD, when I have spent MANY years suffering greatly from loneliness, of dysmorphophobia, anguish, and I thought then that I wanted to die.

maybe I'm a walking dead woman, because now I feel pretty good, but I know that when I pause abilify, soon after returning to feel so bad to want only two things: heal from pSSD, or die.
Karina87

Unread post by Karina87 »

The First 2 years of pssd i cried every single day and thought my life ist over. The third year, I started slowly to accept it. It is not always easy, but its possible. Since the 4. year I started to work again, to cook and to do exercises almost every day. I care of myself again. I want to live again, even with pssd.
theloneranger86

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

karina87
Theres no way we are damaged forever, people come out of cancer and what not. This cant be permanent and we've got to tell ourselves this everyday . It might take a couple years but flushing this poison out of our body and its effects should be the goal.
Breathing exersizes (pranayam) have helped me a little, and I will continue to seek natural remedies till I win. Not giving up anytime soon
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

Great spirit guys, I like it! :)
PLZNO

Unread post by PLZNO »

Your stories are sad and encouraging at the same time
It's been a year for me, but I feel much better than before
I'm trying to forget pssd and step forward
Like you guys did...
2016 march~april
Strattera+Vortioxetine for 3weeks
2016 may~june
Escitalopram for 2weeks (PSSD)
Pep19

Unread post by Pep19 »

Since I've been pssd I'm alone, my relationship is over, I don't like going out with friends and girls, it's too bad. I help with meditation and yoga, help me endure this shit, I have anxiety and panic for years, did not want this too!
The pssd changes life worse, you have no prospect of staying with a woman, social life disappears, I have to lie to friends, there is no excuse for not wanting a woman, better to stay home than lie!
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

silverstar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:05 pm Thank you for your detailedr response. I have every pssd symptom pretty bad. I take vitamin d and k, multi, msm, fish oil, probiotics aand a few other things.

I was very healthy before this nightmare and yes I now trulyk now depression. Or more like utter devastation and hopelessness

I'm going to try wellbutrin Sr 200 mg for depression I've been house bound for almost a year now. Enough is Enough. I agree there is really only one way through this...and it's not easy.

I don't tolerate meds well aand it was a combination of pharmaceuticals , 5htp, curcumin, cough medicine and tramadol that got me into this mess. Along with my previous brain injury which resulted in pgad.

I healed from pgad ....So maybe I'll heal from this

But you're right this depression has got to go!
Do you think it was the tramadol in particular that caused this? Have you recovered at all? Also, how long were you taking the tramadol?