I need help for my girlfriend

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Leb89

I need help for my girlfriend

Unread post by Leb89 »

Hello everybody,

I hope everybody is doing good or as good as possible with their symptoms.

I still have my classic PSSD symptoms, sometimes small windows, but after two years I somehow learned to live with it. I have highs and lows with that, but at least I am back to my old job again since july. The distraction helps a lot …

However, Today I am here to ask you for some advice for my girlfriend. I love her a lot and I hope somebody here can help me with my concern. She doesn’t have PSSD, but she is suffering from strong anxiety, panic attacks and depression. She is really in a dark place since a couple of months, feeling really bad, very often. She stopped taking venlafaxine two years ago and that kind of helped her, but of course she won‘t take any medication that could cause PSSD.

I know many of you are really experienced when it comes to biohacking depression and anxiety, whether with supplements or non SSRI drugs. So if you could share any knowledge or experience, I would highly appreciate that.

Here are my questions:

1.) Are there any supplements or herbs or combinations you could recommend for treating panic, depression or anxiety? I read Inositol helped some people with their anxiety and OCD. Also berberine seemed to help some with their anxiety. Any experience with these or other substances?

2.) Which AD is the safest from your point of view? I mean we can cut out all SSRIs/SNRIs. But is there anything like maybe Buspar or any tricyclic antidepressant that won’t mess her up big time and could maybe be beneficial?

3.) Any opinions on Ashwaganda or other ayurverdian drugs? I know Ashwaganda gave some people PSSD, but anyone took this or similar herbs for depression (with positive effects)?

Btw, my girlfriend eats pretty healthy and practices Yoga a lot, so we already checklisted the nutrition and sports part.

Thank you all for reading this, hopefully someone can give me some advice.

Stay strong guys, with the best wishes,

Leb.
Thomas

Re: I need help for my girlfriend

Unread post by Thomas »

First, PSSD is very unlikely, even with SSRIs. So don't be afraid due to your own experience.
Regarding your questions, you could check here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4194
But in my humble opinion this post mixes good data and nocebo crashes.
Anyway, I would advise to ask for medical advice to see if she needs something for anxiety and / or for depression.
If anxiety is her main issue, buspirone seems to be a good "medical" solution outside SSRIs. Benzos, too, but only if shortermed (weeks). Otherwise, lots of herbs and aminoacids decrease anxiety... but usually increasing serotonin.
For depression, this is more tricky, but if you want to play the safest path she could start with supplementation (Mg, vitamines, etc.) and sport.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness