Felt absolutely nothing from Amphetamine

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

Re: Felt absolutely nothing from Amphetamine

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

cdraham wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:11 am
Tree wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:22 am Your serotonin receptors became extremely desensitized from ssri. It's a common symptom of pssd to not be able to get high anymore from drugs.
Its nothing to do with serotonin receptors. Pfs /pas people don't react to drugs anymore too
what's pfs/pas, and what's currently the best explanation for this if it's not serotonin receptors? Odd because it really does seem like it is serotonin related since it's a serotonin drug, and serotonin also manages dopamine, it would make sense if one is desensitized, it would also mess up the other's function.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

There are plenty of plausible explanations for PSSD. None is "the best explanation" because PSSD isn't understood.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Imsostupid

Unread post by Imsostupid »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:17 pm
Imsostupid wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:51 pm 7months is short. You should wait 2-3 years .
Taking hard drugs probably worsens recovery
7 months is short? And doctors told me it should leave no lasting side effects and should be symptom free after quitting about a few weeks where they are out of system already lol.
Its short for pssd recovery timeline. Some people need a few years
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:41 am
Tree wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:22 am Your serotonin receptors became extremely desensitized from ssri. It's a common symptom of pssd to not be able to get high anymore from drugs.
Its nothing to do with serotonin receptors. Pfs /pas people don't react to drugs anymore too
what's pfs/pas, and what's currently the best explanation for this if it's not serotonin receptors? Odd because it really does seem like it is serotonin related since it's a serotonin drug, and serotonin also manages dopamine, it would make sense if one is desensitized, it would also mess up the other's function.
When these serotonin receptors become desensitized they inhibit dopamine release. It's all interconnected. It also doesn't seem reasonable to compare pssd to other neurological conditions. They are different conditions with different causes.
ihatelexapro444

Tree wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 pm

When these serotonin receptors become desensitized they inhibit dopamine release. It's all interconnected. It also doesn't seem reasonable to compare pssd to other neurological conditions. They are different conditions with different causes.
So how long until they become normal again? Or is it permanently desensitized?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:09 am

I think ultimately sert dysfunction is what causes 5ht1a receptors to desensitize which causes pssd. It seems most plausible to me that ssri's change/silence our genes which explains long lasting symptoms. Research shows ssri's affect mIR to reduce sert expression. Not sure if it's reversible.
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

Tree wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:28 pm
ihatelexapro444 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:09 am

I think ultimately sert dysfunction is what causes 5ht1a receptors to desensitize which causes pssd. It seems most plausible to me that ssri's change/silence our genes which explains long lasting symptoms. Research shows ssri's affect mIR to reduce sert expression. Not sure if it's reversible.
I feel like if one drug is able to do this kind of thing, then there has to be some other drug out there or one that can be developed that can reverse it. Then again maybe that is just too optimistic of a thought.
ihatelexapro444

I'm on my second pill, and holy shit, it's much better now, it seemed the first pilled sensitized my dopamine, making the second pill now extremely potent. I'd say about 20% weaker than the one in 2019.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Area1255_2021 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:45 am
ErgogenicHealth wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:08 am
Area1255_2021 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:57 pm

Yeah SSRI's do that. They downregulate the effects of Dopamine[/url] through multiple pathways [1] [2] [3]. I didn't notice anything from Amphetamine/Adderall POST-SSRI until I took Remeron with it.
Dev Neurobiol
. 2007 Jan;67(1):10-22. doi: 10.1002/dneu.20306.
Serotonin decreases generation of dopaminergic neurons from mesencephalic precursors via serotonin type 7 and type 4 receptors
J Parga 1, J Rodriguez-Pallares, A Muñoz, M J Guerra, J L Labandeira-Garcia
Affiliations expand
PMID: 17443768 DOI: 10.1002/dneu.20306
Abstract
Inductive signals mediating the differentiation of neural precursors into serotonergic (5-HT) or dopaminergic neurons have not been clarified. We have recently shown that in cell aggregates obtained from rat mesencephalic precursors, reduction of serotonin levels induces a marked increase in generation of dopaminergic neurons. In the present study we treated rat neurospheres with antagonists of the main subtypes of 5-HT receptors, 5-HT transport inhibitors, or 5-HT receptor agonists, and studied the effects on generation of dopaminergic neurons. Cultures treated with Methiothepin (5-HT(1,2,5,6,7) receptor antagonist), the 5-HT(4) receptor antagonist GR113808;67:00-.or the 5-HT(7) receptor antagonist SB 269970 showed a significant increase in generation of dopaminergic cells. Treatment with the 5-HT(1B/1D) antagonist GR 127935, the 5-HT(2) antagonist Ritanserin, the 5-HT transporter inhibitor Fluoxetine, the dopamine and norepinephrine transport inhibitor GBR 12935, or with both inhibitors together, or 5-HT(4) or 5-HT(7) receptor agonists induced significant decreases in generation of dopaminergic cells. Cultures treated with WAY100635 (5-HT(1A) receptor antagonist), the 5-HT(3) receptor antagonist Ondasetron, or the 5-HT(6) receptor antagonist SB 258585 did not show any significant changes. Therefore, 5-HT(4) and 5-HT(7) receptors are involved in the observed serotonin-induced decrease in generation of dopaminergic neurons from proliferating neurospheres of mesencephalic precursors. 5-HT(4) and 5-HT(7) receptors were found in astrocytes and serotonergic cells using double immunolabeling and laser confocal microscopy, and the glial receptors appeared to play a major role.

On a different note, do you know where to source Metergoline?
IdeaLabs sells it...I've taken it before, but I can't remember for the Life of Me how many drops I took: https://idealabs.ecwid.com/Metergoline-p72862318

Badass, thanks man! a