Recovery after few doses or one dose

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Janzio

Recovery after few doses or one dose

Unread post by Janzio »

How many cases are there of people whose PSSD was induced by only one dose or very few doses who experience substantial recovery? Do they tend to be fewer than people who were on the medication that caused PSSD for a long period of time? Anybody on this thread who suffer or suffered from pssd from very little time on the offending medication and what is your recovery like? I really need some hopeful stories here to keep me from doing something drastic.
Naczoz

Re: Recovery after few doses or one dose

Unread post by Naczoz »

It does not matter, many cases have it for 15+ years after single dose, once you got it, it does not matter how long you have been takeing drug that coused it.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

First I would like to thanks Naczoz for these nice "hopeful stories".

Then, @Janzio: there are to kinds of people here.
1) Those who are so depressed they cannot help thinking and telling they are doomed. Thus they cannot recover from their depression. Thus they cannot recover from PSSD. Self fulfilling prophecy.
2) Those who tried first to cure their anxiety / depression and accept life with PSSD. Most (not all) had some improvements (even full recovery) after a while.
Try to get / stay out of the first category. Not that easy.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Copper

Unread post by Copper »

Lol, that's just mental ilness. Not PSSD even in the slightest term. There is more than at least 10 kinds of people here with actual physical/neurological/hormonal diseases.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Copper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:37 pm Lol, that's just mental ilness. Not PSSD even in the slightest term. There is more than at least 10 kinds of people here with actual physical/neurological/hormonal diseases.
That's not true. PSSD can be triggered by less than a week exposure.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Copper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:37 pm There is more than at least 10 kinds of people here with actual physical/neurological/hormonal diseases.
This doesn't conflict with what I said. When being (self-)diagnosed with PSSD, most people panic. I just say that lots of people stay in this panic vicious circle. And thus they cannot have improvements.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness