Do you appreciate what I'm doing for the PSSD community?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.

Yes, continue doing what you are doing.
73%
No, please leave. This place is better without you.
21%
Neutral/apathetic. I don't care about your efforts tbh.
6%

Total votes: 63
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Since I'm nearly symptom-free, I think it's time to follow in the footsteps of taarn and Ghost and move on from the PSSD community and focus on my life and other passions instead. I feel like the community isn't appreciative of what I'm doing. I mean, I literally have 1 patron on Patreon and it just seems that the community doesn't appreciate a certified neuropharmacologist brainstorming the condition and even lab-ratting himself to test own hypothesis.

I don't want to just up and "vanish" like how taarn and Ghost did. I want to leave the community on good terms and no hard feelings, if possible.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
lordofpssd

Re: Do you appreciate what I'm doing for the PSSD community?

Unread post by lordofpssd »

I for one really appreciate your work and hope you will continue to do research.
Could i ask if you could summarize quickly How you, Ghost and taarn got rid (or nearly rid) of pssd?
In advance Thanks.
Maple

Unread post by Maple »

Honestly, Meso, reading about all of the investigation you’ve been doing into the potential mechanisms involved in PSSD and into potential treatments has been one of the most heartening things that’s happened to me in the past few years with regard to my struggling with PSSD. I think you’re doing a truly, extraordinarily impressive thing, and I wish there were a way you could feel supported and appreciated in doing it. Even though many of us may be too shy to say it, or may be too discouraged to fully appreciate the amount of work you’ve put into understanding this condition, *please know* that you’re bringing precious hope and invaluable knowledge to a lot of people who desperately need it.

I appreciate you, and the work you do every day SO much. I’m mostly only a lurker in the PSSD recovery community (I made my forum account just to post this!), but reading everything you have to say on the topic has empowered me to stop giving up so easily and to really start trying to solve my issues. I’ve literally told several of my IRL friends, including my girlfriend, about you and all of the incredible work you’re doing.

I’m not sure if I’m financially stable enough to commit to a recurring patreon payment, but I fully intend to request a consultation from you sometime within the next month. I’m sorry that you don’t get as much vocal feedback and appreciation as you deserve, and I hope that you know that that’s not because you’re not making an impact. People are really depressed, and it’s easy when you’re feeling depressed to forget to express appreciation for the people who are doing good in the world. Hell, I would never have expressed this without you making this post, but that’s wrong of me. We should tell people when their work and kindness are appreciated. So I hope you’ll take this message as a “better late than never” expression of my appreciation for everything you do in this community.

That said, you’re under no obligation to devote your life to this work! Just because it’s important and profoundly helpful doesn’t mean you have to be tethered to it if it’s not something you find any joy or satisfaction in doing. I suspect there might even be a healthy middleground between giving up on this work entirely and devoting your whole life to it. Balance is vital. Moderation is vital. I don’t think anyone in this community would begrudge your not wanting to get burnt out by throwing all of your energy at PSSD research without regard for your health or happiness. I hope you can find a balance that allows you to live a happy life and to find satisfaction in the extremely important work you do without feeling like you have to give up your whole life to do it. But if you need to leave and focus on something else entirely, I wish you so much luck in whatever endeavor follows this one.

Whatever you decide, I think I speak for many, many people in the PSSD recovery community when I say that I deeply appreciate you and all of the work you’ve done to improve our lives. Thank you.
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

You know how I feel Meso, but Maple literally described it perfectly so +1
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
ddaylew

Unread post by ddaylew »

Meso is one of the greatest assets of the PSSD community, with a very impressive depth of knowledge of the human brain and sexuality that exceeds all doctors with whom I have spoken. Maple perfectly described my feelings regarding Meso. I want to add that, not only is Meso a very smart and knowledgeable person, he is also a very good person. Meso's kindness, patience, and willingness to help others are impressive and reflect very highly on his character. He is someone who was afflicted by this terrible condition of PSSD and then used his intellect and knowledge to build a road to recovery not just for himself, but for others as well. This lonely community, mostly unknown and occasionally ridiculed by the medical establishment, would be a much poorer and helpless community without Meso. Thank you Meso for everything you have done, and know that you are appreciated.
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

Why do you believe you are not being appreciated by the pssd community? You will always get some negative or stupid comments from some people, but I believe that majority of the memberS appreciate and respect your commitment and passion in helping the community.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Please don't leave us. Maybe I'm slow to respond to the suggested stack but for me it takes time to tests things properly. I would like to be symptom free too.
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

Meso wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:07 pm Since I'm nearly symptom-free, I think it's time to follow in the footsteps of taarn and Ghost and move on from the PSSD community and focus on my life and other passions instead.
Wait, is Ghost also symptom-free? If so, how did he achieve this? Why didn't he add himself to the "success stories" section of his own website?
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Please leave and stop begging for money. By saying there is not enough patrons you implying that you not getting enough money. Appreciation comes not from patron numbers, so don't manipulate people with all this drama. If you have genuine interest in helping people just spend few hours a weekend to answer their questions and stop ''threatening'' with your leaving. if there are doubters or trolls you can ignore them and continue do your thing, but instead you are trying to play a victim position.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

I have donated money to you because I have HUGE respect for you man. Thank you so much for all that you do!!!