Do you appreciate what I'm doing for the PSSD community?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.

Do you appreciate what I'm doing for the PSSD community?

Yes, continue doing what you are doing.
73%
No, please leave. This place is better without you.
21%
Neutral/apathetic. I don't care about your efforts tbh.
6%

Total votes: 63
Meso

Re: Do you appreciate what I'm doing for the PSSD community?

Unread post by Meso »

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It is heartfelt and appreciated.
fellow1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 am Please leave and stop begging for money. By saying there is not enough patrons you implying that you not getting enough money. Appreciation comes not from patron numbers, so don't manipulate people with all this drama.
First if all, thanks for being respectful in your post and not trolling. Now to address the point you have raised. I have found over the past year that I cannot make a stable income from my work on PSSD. When I got ill with post-COVID syndrome, I couldn't work on the server any more which meant I had no income. If I had patrons on Patreon maybe this wouldn't be a problem since recurrent payments means a stable income even if I got ill for a while. This just doesn't work anymore and I've discussed this with PSSD admins yesterday and the best option for me is to leave and pursue other jobs for financial stability.
fellow1 wrote: If you have genuine interest in helping people just spend few hours a weekend to answer their questions and stop ''threatening'' with your leaving. if there are doubters or trolls you can ignore them and continue do your thing, but instead you are trying to play a victim position.
Trust me I'm not threatening that I'm leaving. This time I'm 100% leaving to pursue financial stability elsewhere as discussed with PSSD admins since I really have no other choice. The reason I made this thread is to see whether I should keep consultations open or not. If a lot of people still need me, I'll keep consultations open during weekends.

However, I'm quitting further PSSD research and brainstorming as well as labrating myself on drug trials. I will also delete my server and quit the forum altogether. So, instead of completely leaving like Ghost and taarn, I will still be around (partially) on weekends.

I hope this clears up confusion as to why I made this thread. I'm not begging for money since I'll be looking for financial stability elsewhere following my other passions in life. I'm also not threatening that I'm leaving since I'm actually indeed leaving albeit partially or completely depending on the outcome of this poll.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

However, I'm quitting further PSSD research and brainstorming as well as labrating myself on drug trials. I will also delete my server and quit the forum altogether. So, instead of completely leaving like Ghost and taarn, I will still be around (partially) on weekends.

I completely understand that you need to make a living and this avenue is currently not working. Finding time to research is a full time gig. What I don't understand is why do you have to leave the forum completely? Why can't you share posts and comments on occasions? Most of us have careers but we still find the time to share on the forum. This is the only thing that confuses me. It comes across like you are upset and angry? I might be interpreting this wrong.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Meso wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:49 am Thanks everyone for your kind words. It is heartfelt and appreciated.
fellow1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 am Please leave and stop begging for money. By saying there is not enough patrons you implying that you not getting enough money. Appreciation comes not from patron numbers, so don't manipulate people with all this drama.
First if all, thanks for being respectful in your post and not trolling. Now to address the point you have raised. I have found over the past year that I cannot make a stable income from my work on PSSD. When I got ill with post-COVID syndrome, I couldn't work on the server any more which meant I had no income. If I had patrons on Patreon maybe this wouldn't be a problem since recurrent payments means a stable income even if I got ill for a while. This just doesn't work anymore and I've discussed this with PSSD admins yesterday and the best option for me is to leave and pursue other jobs for financial stability.
fellow1 wrote: If you have genuine interest in helping people just spend few hours a weekend to answer their questions and stop ''threatening'' with your leaving. if there are doubters or trolls you can ignore them and continue do your thing, but instead you are trying to play a victim position.
Trust me I'm not threatening that I'm leaving. This time I'm 100% leaving to pursue financial stability elsewhere as discussed with PSSD admins since I really have no other choice. The reason I made this thread is to see whether I should keep consultations open or not. If a lot of people still need me, I'll keep consultations open during weekends.

I hope this clears up confusion as to why I made this thread. I'm not begging for money since I'll be looking for financial stability elsewhere following my other passions in life. I'm also not threatening that I'm leaving since I'm actually indeed leaving albeit partially or completely depending on the outcome of this poll.
You contradicting yourself so much. If you made your decision, just do it and don't look back, why you need all these opinions. Delete the server and quit the forum. Spamming links for studies isn't a pssd research and doesn't require much effort. And no one was forcing you to labrat, you did it for yourself, but you putting it like it was some contribution. So basically you just want to know if there are people left that will potentially PAY you for '' consultations'' and that's the whole point of this poll.
Last edited by fellow1 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTH

Unread post by HTH »

I think many peope have hope in you.

What happens when a psychiatrist and a hooker spend the night together? In the morning each of them says: "200 dollars, please."
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

This community is super toxic, like most communities of sick people. It systematically pushes the best people away.
I'm sorry you feel unwelcome here because you are among the best minds we have.

I believe the best thing would be to have a private discord channel, with only vetted people. However, private communities have their downsides as well. Discord is also not ideal for archiving discussions like a forum is.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

You just doing some random bro-science giveing people false hope. Please leave.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Naczoz wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:24 pm You just doing some random bro-science giveing people false hope. Please leave.
Please be constructive with your comments. Yes Meso asked for opinions but what he does is not bro-science.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

If you have nothing constructive to say (think constructive criticism) then just vote in the poll and keep your comments to yourself.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
climb

Unread post by climb »

I'm grateful for what you've done Meso.
Your research and guidance has helped people, me included.

I recall that the research server required a small fee for a while to prevent trolling. I don't know if that period of time provided you with enough income to continue the research? Perhaps that doesn't matter and you've made your decision regardless.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear that you want to leave the community. I hope you'll still be on the forum sometimes even if you won't be doing the research server anymore.
If you'll be doing consultations still, then that's great news.

Thank you for all you've done.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

From my perspective it is rather obvious that you are valuable member of the community.
Last edited by guacamo on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.