slowly forgetting what the original orgams was like

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

slowly forgetting what the original orgams was like

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

it's sad and makes me really depressed, i try to remember what it was like before ssri and it's starting to blur, now im with this new one and it's just no where near as good, just horrible. this was one of the few things that was enjoyable in my life and it's taken away from me, even the memories of what it was like is starting to disappear.
Naczoz

Re: slowly forgetting what the original orgams was like

Unread post by Naczoz »

no shit sherlock, the longer you are in this shit, the more you adapt to new version of you, sadly broken
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Actually this is quite interesting.
I had felt more pleasure during my year with antidepressants than in the rest of my 42-year life. Now I am suffering from an obvious anhedonia compared to how I felt with antidepressants. But I can’t tell for sure if this is my old me or if this is worse (I would say it is worse, as I was found of music and cinema and I don’t like them anylonger, but I may be comparing with antidepressants feelings without knowing, one year is enough to forget how feelings were before). Regarding orgasm, I have for sure forgotten how they were (I only know they were worse during treatment than previously, and even worse now)
Does that ring a bell to someone?
Any way to properly « assess » this?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
dosp35

Unread post by dosp35 »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:22 am it's sad and makes me really depressed, i try to remember what it was like before ssri and it's starting to blur, now im with this new one and it's just no where near as good, just horrible. this was one of the few things that was enjoyable in my life and it's taken away from me, even the memories of what it was like is starting to disappear.
There is hope and research going on. You can try a lot of treatments, maybe you’ll find the one that works for you. I’ve suffered from this condition for five years. Today is my fifth day on curcumin and it cured me 60%. I haven’t felt like this for the last five years. Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Remeron 45mg
Rexulti 2mg
Vyvanse 70mg
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

dosp35 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:25 pm
ihatelexapro444 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:22 am it's sad and makes me really depressed, i try to remember what it was like before ssri and it's starting to blur, now im with this new one and it's just no where near as good, just horrible. this was one of the few things that was enjoyable in my life and it's taken away from me, even the memories of what it was like is starting to disappear.
There is hope and research going on. You can try a lot of treatments, maybe you’ll find the one that works for you. I’ve suffered from this condition for five years. Today is my fifth day on curcumin and it cured me 60%. I haven’t felt like this for the last five years. Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
vyvanse didn't cure you?
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

My PSSD started in 1998 (Sertraline) and since then Ive suffered four crashes each of which has made things worse (2016 (Sertraline), 2019 (Levothyroxone) 2020 (Corticosteroid cream) and 2021 (Avena Sativa)...).

My orgasms have remained the only aspect of this nightmare that has not changed i.e same as pre PSSD. Every other aspect has either become worse or has appeared as a new symptom.

No Libido (1998, 2016, 2019, 2020 and 2021)
Sensitivity (1998, 2021...brazil nut binge)
Reduced Semen volume (1998, 2016, 2019, 2020 20210
Tinnitus (1998 2021)
Memory problems (1998)
Insomnia and lack of dreams (2016, 2020, 2021)
ED/ time to get an erection (1998)
Shrinkage (2020 and worsening)
Genital pain (1998, 2016 and so on)
Anhedonia (2020 2021)
Depression (2020 2021)
$uicidal thoughts (2020 2021)
Joint pain (resolved...for now, so may not be PSSD) (2021)
Chronic fatigue (four periods, 6 months, 4 years, 5 months all resolved spontaneously...sadly 1 year into latest period (worsened after 6 months), no remission yet) (2010, 2011 2019 2020)
Cancer (In remission, may have been caused by PSSD?) (2015)
Totally out of proportion attraction to red head girls disappeared (2016) I miss this so much :)

As an example of how clouded things become, I was convinced my Libido had disappeared in 1998, but shocked how much worse it got in 2016 and worsened again and again in subsequent crashes. As such I think its quite difficult for someone to compare one person's "no libido" to another's "no libido" or to your own due to having little or no concept how much worse things can get.

I have great difficulty remembering back just one crash to how any aspect was, I just know that things had changed.

I remember pre PSSD how utterly sensitive my dick was, could last as long as I wanted, instant erections, huge semen volume, very short recovery time, always up for it! ahhh...happy days.

Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
dosp35

Unread post by dosp35 »

ihatelexapro444 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:48 am
dosp35 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:25 pm
vyvanse didn't cure you?
Vyvanse just helped temporarily with libido and just while using it.
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Remeron 45mg
Rexulti 2mg
Vyvanse 70mg