Why does this website not have more user?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lepardglass

Why does this website not have more user?

Unread post by lepardglass »

I first came here back in 2009 after I got sudden onset PSSD when I quit Effexor. I remember if you typed PSSD or just your symptoms on Google this website would show up in the first page, now it is basically invisible. You would think a lot more people would have gotten this affliction in the last 12 years, yet it seems its harder that ever to find other sufferers online. Is there another large pssd community that I am unaware of? Even the subreddits related to this have very low activity. Is there a conspiracy going on or are just less people getting PSSD nowadays?
TalkingAnt

Re: Why does this website not have more user?

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

The original domain was .com, but the previous web admin went dark in early 2020 and we had to switch to .org. That reset our search rank and made it harder for users to find us. The .com is now owned by a domain squatter, but we may be able to purchase it from them. I intend to make an offer soon.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

TalkingAnt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:17 pm The original domain was .com, but the previous web admin went dark in early 2020 and we had to switch to .org. That reset our search rank and made it harder for users to find us. The .com is now owned by a domain squatter, but we may be able to purchase it from them. I intend to make an offer soon.
How much is he after? I can’t see it for sale anywhere?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

We also have a large group of followers that have never registered. Having an open website enables more people to find the website and relevant information, but the group of registered and active users is smaller.
Although pssd seems really a rare condition, im sure there are alot more than the thousand users here…
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

JP1985 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:06 pm
TalkingAnt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:17 pm The original domain was .com, but the previous web admin went dark in early 2020 and we had to switch to .org. That reset our search rank and made it harder for users to find us. The .com is now owned by a domain squatter, but we may be able to purchase it from them. I intend to make an offer soon.
How much is he after? I can’t see it for sale anywhere?
The domain is not listed for sale but you can make offers to anyone.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

Most people are spread out on Facebook groups, Reddit, weird antidepressants forums, and here. Also, the vast majority of people are just lurkers. It's like the "Reddit syndrome" where only like 2% of users actually create content.

There are over 2000 subscribers on www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/
We could try to direct them here....
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

lepardglass wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 pm I remember if you typed PSSD or just your symptoms on Google this website would show up in the first page, now it is basically invisible. You would think a lot more people would have gotten this affliction in the last 12 years, yet it seems its harder that ever to find other sufferers online. Is there another large pssd community that I am unaware of? Even the subreddits related to this have very low activity. Is there a conspiracy going on or are just less people getting PSSD nowadays?
https://medium.com/@darylbrownm/censors ... 1ae3426d9d
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

I guess even for PSSD sufferers, a website has to be "sexy" and hip.
Registration via GMail.
No grey website background.

When I register somewhere, I really have a look at the look and feel of the website.
lepardglass

Unread post by lepardglass »

frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:43 am
lepardglass wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 pm I remember if you typed PSSD or just your symptoms on Google this website would show up in the first page, now it is basically invisible. You would think a lot more people would have gotten this affliction in the last 12 years, yet it seems its harder that ever to find other sufferers online. Is there another large pssd community that I am unaware of? Even the subreddits related to this have very low activity. Is there a conspiracy going on or are just less people getting PSSD nowadays?
https://medium.com/@darylbrownm/censors ... 1ae3426d9d
I have learned a lot on how the pharmaceutical industry operates in the past couple years, and I can say with confidence they would do anything in their power to make us go away. It's completely legal for Google to take payments in exchange for upranking/deranking sites. I originally found this website a very long time ago when it was in the top 3 results when you searched PSSD on Google, or just a list of your symptoms. Then suddenly around 2013 it just disappeared from search results. We must realize just how much money it would cost the industry if it became widely known by the public that SSRIs can cause PSSD(albeit rarely).
Jcumbo

Unread post by Jcumbo »

Well, it took me 3 years to register here and on Reddit that's because I was a mild case but it's when things go down hill people start really researching just to find something that might help. And I often see when I'm here they'll be a few registered users and like 20ish guests so there's more for sure