Experiences with stimulants

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
kimetex

Experiences with stimulants

Unread post by kimetex »

Have you used any stimulants like amphetamines or methylphenidate after PSSD? How do they affect you now?
I'm especially interested in regular daily use for ADHD but any experience can be useful.
guacamo

Re: Experiences with stimulants

Unread post by guacamo »

Some people experience significant relief on amphetamine, some, less though, experience relief in substituted amphetamine bupropion, actually there was 1 case where bupropion cured PSSD, as long as it was taken.
arahant

Re: Experiences with stimulants

Unread post by arahant »

kimetex wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:55 am Have you used any stimulants like amphetamines or methylphenidate after PSSD? How do they affect you now?
I'm especially interested in regular daily use for ADHD but any experience can be useful.
Wellbutrin XL I took in the past and helped in reducing the compensatory ADHD+anxiety by a lot, and methylphenidate that I am still taking today helps cognitive symptoms, also mood and energy...It depends on how severe is your ADHD. It have taken both before and after Zoloft and I mostly noticed improvements in ADHD and not much a direct improvement in sexuality/libido/sensation wise. But there are people that report more anxiety and libido taking wellbutrin which is the opposite of my experience, which was mostly more focus, less anxiety and less impulsivity.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)