Help! antidepressants advice

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Anims

Help! antidepressants advice

Unread post by Anims »

Hello, I really need advice from you people because I'm desperate. Very short resume; I started escitalopram in 2008 dealing instantly with anorgasmia, muted orgasms and genital numbness. I quit escitalopram in 2016 and surprise none of this side effects went away, I'm still having this issue now. I still fell about 20% and I'm sticking on to that to carry on.
The thing is, my anxiety and panic attacks have gone now unbearable. So I went to a psychiatrist and she recommended me some benzos, antipsicòtic (quetiapine) and Venlafaxine.
I'm not an expert at all but it seems to me Venlafaxine is one of the risky antidepressants when it comes to pssd and I can't afford to lose even more sensitivity and orgasm quality.
I guess my questions are: is venlafaxine save or I should avoid it anyhow? And in case it's not an option, are they any save meds to treat severe anxiety?? Cause I don't want to go worse with my pssd but I really need some treatment to survive this anxiety i'm felling write now, i'm so scared.

Thanx all in advanced!!

Stay strong!!
guacamo

Re: Help! antidepressants advice

Unread post by guacamo »

Venlafaxine works partially by inhibiting SERT, similarly to SSRI, and is known to produce sexual side effects. Save anxiolytics are gabapentin and pregabalin.
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

I had the same problem and initiate pristiq (desvenlafaxine). Its Very similar to venlafaxine. Help me with depression and in the 50mg dosis my sexuality os better than dont use antidepressant (after I got pssd of course). I tried 100mg Also but the erectyle disfunction worse.
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

guacamo wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm Venlafaxine works partially by inhibiting SERT, similarly to SSRI, and is known to produce sexual side effects. Save anxiolytics are gabapentin and pregabalin.
i will definitely take a look to those 2 options, thanx so much!!
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

narigator wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:56 pm I had the same problem and initiate pristiq (desvenlafaxine). Its Very similar to venlafaxine. Help me with depression and in the 50mg dosis my sexuality os better than dont use antidepressant (after I got pssd of course). I tried 100mg Also but the erectyle disfunction worse.
I'm still considering all the options!! Thank you for the info!!
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

Escitalopram has some interaction with the endocannabinoid system, possibly escitalopram-induced PSSD includes CB1 desensitization. Because the CB1 antagonist seems to reverse the process, but I don't know if you could handle it.
5ht1a and CB1 receptors most strongly inhibit existential terror in the brain - they inhibit empathy and increase libido.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Anims wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:18 pm
narigator wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:56 pm I had the same problem and initiate pristiq (desvenlafaxine). Its Very similar to venlafaxine. Help me with depression and in the 50mg dosis my sexuality os better than dont use antidepressant (after I got pssd of course). I tried 100mg Also but the erectyle disfunction worse.
I'm still considering all the options!! Thank you for the info!!
Consider the fact that desvenlafaxine has moderately high affinity for noradrenaline transporter, noradrenaline is partialy involved in flight-or-fight response and might produce anxiety in predisposed individuals with high sensitivity of adrenergic receptors, altrough this effect in desvenlafaxine can be partially blocked by SERT blockade, but SERT blockade is involved in sexual dysfunctions so i don't know if it is the best solution to your problem. Gabapentin and especially pregabalin are save. They may produce dependece but it happens when you take them recreationally, which is possible, because they can be euphoric in higher dosages, if you take them in dosage prescribed by your doctor it's unlikely they will act this way.
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

finities infinities wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:44 pm Escitalopram has some interaction with the endocannabinoid system, possibly escitalopram-induced PSSD includes CB1 desensitization. Because the CB1 antagonist seems to reverse the process, but I don't know if you could handle it.
5ht1a and CB1 receptors most strongly inhibit existential terror in the brain - they inhibit empathy and increase libido.
Hi. I have PSSD from escitalopram. I have tried CBD oil and it didn't to anything. Do you know of anything that I might try (under medical supervision)?
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Why not 5mg of Vortioxetine (maybe 10). That's no supposed to give sexual side effect and maybe could act as treatment for PSSD (low SSRI reinstatement).
Otherwise I agree with gacamo, gabapentin could be good (avoid pregabalin, it has more side effect and is not more efficient)