hypothyroidism and pssd

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
pssdperson

hypothyroidism and pssd

Unread post by pssdperson »

anyone developed thyroid issues after the onset of pssd? I developed it and I’m also “resistant” to thyroid medication. It doesn’t take my hypothyroidism symptoms away! I’m starting to think it’s a receptor problem 😞 aka the cells can’t absorb correctly the thyroid hormone. Idk what to do anymore.
malink

Re: hypothyroidism and pssd

Unread post by malink »

For me there are no doubts. There is definitely a link between thyroid and serotonin, there are numerous studies. Many of us (not all) are in a constant state of hypothyroidism, which cannot be recovered even with medicines.

For me it's all connected: serotonin receptors lead to hypothyroidism and from there all the cascading problems on sexual and non-sexual functions.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

pssdperson wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 pm anyone developed thyroid issues after the onset of pssd? I developed it and I’m also “resistant” to thyroid medication. It doesn’t take my hypothyroidism symptoms away! I’m starting to think it’s a receptor problem 😞 aka the cells can’t absorb correctly the thyroid hormone. Idk what to do anymore.
you ever tried t3?
pssdperson

Unread post by pssdperson »

CN9 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:11 pm
pssdperson wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 pm anyone developed thyroid issues after the onset of pssd? I developed it and I’m also “resistant” to thyroid medication. It doesn’t take my hypothyroidism symptoms away! I’m starting to think it’s a receptor problem 😞 aka the cells can’t absorb correctly the thyroid hormone. Idk what to do anymore.
you ever tried t3?
yes, but made me feel very bad… I suspect it is because I have low cortisol