A person's devastating and life destroying experience on SSRI escitalopram

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
dann888

Re: A person's devastating and life destroying experience on SSRI escitalopram

Unread post by dann888 »

Janie wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:21 am
dann888 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:20 am ihatelexapro444,
Feeling happy is not depend at all on your sexual desire. Now I am happy with just 2% of sexuality. Now I don't Think about my disability and live the life freely and confidently. I was also anxious before and thought my brain is damaged and so on.. But you will be gradually ok once you relive from your anxiety. Read buddhism, Vitamin D3 and B combo(Neurobion) helps.
Then you definitely don't have the full syndrome which involves not felling joy in anything, not feeling emotions, being like a "brain dead".
Read my intro in the footer if you want. When you free from anxiety you will build something positive in the emotion wise and then you will adapt to it.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Lets stay on topic and not go into a discussion if pssd is a purely physical/mental condition. Plenty other topics on this on the forum
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

dann888 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:40 am
Feeling happy is not depend at all on your sexual desire. Now I am happy with just 2% of sexuality. Now I don't Think about my disability and live the life freely and confidently. I was also anxious before and thought my brain is damaged and so on.. But you will be gradually ok once you relive from your anxiety. Read buddhism, Vitamin D3 and B combo(Neurobion) helps.
Then you definitely don't have the full syndrome which involves not felling joy in anything, not feeling emotions, being like a "brain dead".
Read my intro in the footer if you want. When you free from anxiety you will build something positive in the emotion wise and then you will adapt to it.
Thanks but I don't have anxiety to begin with... Actually, quite the opposite.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

I don't understand how can you be confident and ok with pssd? I'm asking honestly. Although I was and still is to an extent emotionally numb for years I knew I panicked inside and I do feel extremely anxious now as I don't have even 2% at 6,5 years off. My greatest fear is staying like this. I can't be well or ok like this with no partner, no love or attachment. This is the core of life for me at least.
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Janie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:31 am

I don't understand how can you be confident and ok with pssd? I'm asking honestly. Although I was and still is to an extent emotionally numb for years I knew I panicked inside and I do feel extremely anxious now as I don't have even 2% at 6,5 years off. My greatest fear is staying like this. I can't be well or ok like this with no partner, no love or attachment. This is the core of life for me at least.
I got married this January. I was not sure about it is ok to married. My extreme anxiety and panic attacks always told me that what could I do with this girl my entire life with my numb penis. I couldn't sleep because of extreme fear and go to toilet each day for around 4 months after I arrange my marriage. I had no any confidence and need in marriage. I searched google that about marriage and asexuality can goes together. I suffered that I constantly thinking how to live like this another 40 years and asking me to die soon.
After the marriage my eraction goes off every time. She was very helpful that didn't let me down. She told it is OK lets do it another time and only what she want is hug and sleep. when weeks passed by my confidence started to climb. Extreme anxiety and fear started to decline with that increased confidence. But still today I can't say her I Love you because I don't feel that in my body. But I am confidence enough to joke around her when she ask that I love her.
Then I got covid pneumonia in May and hospitalized for 3 weeks. 5days I was in ICU. After I came she treated me well and I understood that sex is not everything a girl want in my case. She need support and caring and be with her. Because they are healthy so they have feelings on minor things. After few months passed I don't felt that anhedonia around her still I am sexually near 0.
My life is OK now. I didn't have anxiety feelings and panic attacks in months. Feel much better in mornings in the bed when she near me. More confident and I don't think at all about my sexual disability and no worry at all. What I have to tell is that anxiety is more disabling you than your libido or anhedonia issue. Try to find a kind hearted woman(or man) that she or he OK with your issue. What you imagine is trigger your anxiety and then you imagine the worst. But the truth we don't feel is what we imagine will not be happened. So some how you need to brake the anxiety cycle to find a happy and relax life.
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Thanks for your words. Problem is that I'm already extremely depressed because of this. In the first 3-3,5 years I tried to keep hope but after that crashed, what took all what is left from me. I'm woman btw. I fear with pssd I will have unresolvable depression.
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Janie wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 am Thanks for your words. Problem is that I'm already extremely depressed because of this. In the first 3-3,5 years I tried to keep hope but after that crashed, what took all what is left from me. I'm woman btw. I fear with pssd I will have unresolvable depression.
The thing is Janie anything doesn't matter in another 50 years. Nothing is permanent. Study some Buddhist philosophy you can somewhat relive from your pain. Mental depression, anxiety and resulted physical illnesses happen from ill thought process mainly (yes we have pssd) and the pain will be declined when our thinking process is changed. With your current agony you don't believe that so you need to be in a process to correct it. I highly recommend Vitamin D3, B complex(Neurobian), Wimhof breathing and specially Buddhism. With Buddhism you learn how impermanent things are and no meaning to run for them (Attach to them). When things letting go you will feel the freedom. Just try these things rather being thinking what you lose again and again. :)
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

"They always seemed to come back 100 percent, but not this time with escitalopram."

I'm with you 100%. A couple of weeks after stopping all other SSRIs everything was back to normal. With escitalopram it was worse.

Don't lose hope - people are working on this
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

Darman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:08 pm "They always seemed to come back 100 percent, but not this time with escitalopram."

I'm with you 100%. A couple of weeks after stopping all other SSRIs everything was back to normal. With escitalopram it was worse.

Don't lose hope - people are working on this
Makes me wonder, what is it about escitalopram that makes it do this to us? I was on cymbalta, cold turkeyed multiple times and was completely fine and always returned to normal, but escitalopram seems long lasting or permanent. What is it about that drug?
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

I did read a study that said the mechanism of Citalopram was slightly different than the others so I assume Escitalopram is similar. Im not expert though. The long term effects of these things are only just being known really. and they are handed out like sweets (at lease here in the UK).