Dexamphetamine

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
fth

Dexamphetamine

Unread post by fth »

I might start taking dexamphetamine because I feel like it might benefit me a lot with my ADHD symptoms. I've never used dex before. Used to be on methylphenidate until 2019 and tried it again (doctor's advice) late 2020, but I ended up reacting in a way I never did when I still took them (laying in bed paralyzed from being so physically tense and anxious! probably because of the stimulation or something). I figure that this is because it was prescribed to me in the first place alongside Prozac and the psychiatrist told me that the two work very well together. So maybe Prozac used to diminish the anxiety I'd otherwise have gotten from taking methylphenidate.

I've been thinking of trying dex instead (this would be prescribed to me if I choose to do so) but I'm wondering if it might have any adverse effects regarding PSSD. I mainly have the whole sexual dysfunction and no libido, but not really any anhedonia or anything as far as I'm concerned, so I wouldn't want to get more symptoms. Any advice would be great! Thanks.
► Fluoxetine & methylphenidate (03/2016 - 07/2019)
► Symptoms started somewhere in 2018
► Social phobia (formerly), OCD, ADHD
► Dexamphetamine (06/2021 - now)
🇳🇱