Ability to experience any pleasure / anhedonia / ejaculatory anhedonia / PSSD / Post-Antipsychotic / Post-Abilify

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
sovietxrobot

Re: Ability to experience any pleasure / anhedonia / ejaculatory anhedonia / PSSD / Post-Antipsychotic / Post-Abilify

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

mtkhalid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:04 pm Hi Meso -

So I'm suffering from Post-Antipsychotic Syndrome, and not PSSD?

The sexual dysfunction symptoms I have with post-antipsychotic-syndrome are 100% identical to the sexual dysfunction symptoms in PSSD (namely, loss of libido, ejaculatory anhedonia, genital anesthesia, erectyle dysfunction).

Do I have to worry about anything else (ie general anhedonia) with Post-Antipsychotic Syndrome? Or do I only have to worry exclusively about the sexual dysfunction problems with Post-Antipsychotic Syndrome?
its well documented that anti-psychotics can disrupt dopamine signaling (see neuroleptic induced deficit syndrome), and people have reported developing these same kind of symptoms along with PSSD.
Calm Amygdala

Re: Ability to experience any pleasure / anhedonia / ejaculatory anhedonia / PSSD / Post-Antipsychotic / Post-Abilify

Unread post by Calm Amygdala »

Meso wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 am
mtkhalid wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:01 am I know I have the same PSSD symptoms for sexual dysfunction as with someone who had taken an SSRI drug, but I had taken Abilify, an antipsychotic. (So I'm not even sure if I have classic PSSD, or simply enduring sexual dysfunction thanks to an antipsychotic drug).
By definition, you are not suffering from PSSD.

Berbeine and Evodiamine upregulate SERT. Would you recommend them for PSSD? I'be heard Bacopa also does, although I personally can't take it as I find it to be very anti-dopaminergic. Do you know any other compounds that upregulate SERT?
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

mtkhalid wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:01 am I know I have the same PSSD symptoms for sexual dysfunction as with someone who had taken an SSRI drug, but I had taken Abilify, an antipsychotic. (So I'm not even sure if I have classic PSSD, or simply enduring sexual dysfunction thanks to an antipsychotic drug).
It seems unfortunate that when naming the condition the cause because part of the problem.

If someone burns their hand on the stove and we name it "burnt hand on stove syndrome" and another person burns their hand on any other hot surface, it's self evident that both suffer from the problem ("burnt hand"), even though thing that caused the problem is different.

Weather or not the conditions are the same in this case I don't know, but the cause should not be considered part of the problem.
frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8

Unread post by frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 »

DrugsAreBad wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:25 am
It seems unfortunate that when naming the condition the cause because part of the problem.

If someone burns their hand on the stove and we name it "burnt hand on stove syndrome" and another person burns their hand on any other hot surface, it's self evident that both suffer from the problem ("burnt hand"), even though thing that caused the problem is different.

Weather or not the conditions are the same in this case I don't know, but the cause should not be considered part of the problem.
Zant808 wrote: Yes, the name really belongs to three people. Me, Dr. Csoka and Dr. Bahrick. Sorry for such a crappy name but the group name was just called ssrisex and we were trying to figure out what to use for SEO. This was 2005. It made sense because the majority of the people entering the group were getting sexual dysfunction after discontinuation after SSRIs, although there were a significant number of cases where it was a single SNRI, tricyclic, MAOI inhibitor, antipsychotic etc.
So, it is possible to get PSSD from non-SSRI.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Coming up with and popularizing a name was a massive step forward. Once something has a name, it can be talked about as something that exists. It may not be ideal, but it was a big step at the time.
highman

Unread post by highman »

I tested Berberine 3 days with one caps a day. I don't know what's going on? I can't get a full erection after this. Can this be fixed?