desensitization 5ht1a

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
JustOnlyHope

Re: desensitization 5ht1a

Unread post by JustOnlyHope »

Meso wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:02 am
JustOnlyHope wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:31 pm So, what is your point now? What problems you have? How long, and what did give you pssd?
I got PSSD from Venlafaxine + Clomipramine. I no longer have problems except for anhedonia and blunted affect.

The anhedonia was tolerable before I took Vortioxetine. After I crashed, the anhedonia got significantly worse and hasn't improved much. That said, I recovered from all other symptoms within a couple of months of the crash.

There are at least 3 members here who also crashed on Vortioxetine and got anhedonia. You should search the forum for Vortioxetine experiences.

So how did you recover your sexual symptoms? How long did it take it?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:18 am So how did you recover your sexual symptoms? How long did it take it?
I used some risky regimens to recover my sexual functions.

Look, Vortioxetine is a good drug PSSD aside. It boosts mental functions a lot like a nootropic and it's a good antidepressant. But for PSSD, it's as risky as any serotonin reuptake inhibitor. If you want to talk more about it, come on Discord. I'm Meso#1333 there.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
JustOnlyHope

Meso wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm
JustOnlyHope wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:18 am So how did you recover your sexual symptoms? How long did it take it?
I used some risky regimens to recover my sexual functions.

Look, Vortioxetine is a good drug PSSD aside. It boosts mental functions a lot like a nootropic and it's a good antidepressant. But for PSSD, it's as risky as any serotonin reuptake inhibitor. If you want to talk more about it, come on Discord. I'm Meso#1333 there.
Thanks for inviting however I don’t use it plus the most problem I don’t speak English fluently so this conversation could be useless.

As I said Trazodone recovered myself somehow and as I know this is agonist 5ht1a like Vorioxetine. So, maybe it can help also? What do you think?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:39 am As I said Trazodone recovered myself somehow and as I know this is agonist 5ht1a like Vorioxetine. So, maybe it can help also? What do you think?
Vortioxetine worsened many members with PSSD here. It's a good antidepressant but if you want to try it, you are risking it.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
JustOnlyHope

Meso wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:48 pm
JustOnlyHope wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:39 am As I said Trazodone recovered myself somehow and as I know this is agonist 5ht1a like Vorioxetine. So, maybe it can help also? What do you think?
Vortioxetine worsened many members with PSSD here. It's a good antidepressant but if you want to try it, you are risking it.

Sure, I understand. I just don’t get it, this is like a dream sometimes for me. Buspirone made me worse, but SSRI + Trazodone recovered me. It’s incredible. That all sound so ridiculous. It’s like everting is just only luck, there is no rule. Just like sometimes some med is only a trigger and it doesn’t really matter what drug it is. However, thanks for your help ;) I need a break from forums and all stuff. See ya guys ;)
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:06 am Sure, I understand. I just don’t get it, this is like a dream sometimes for me. Buspirone made me worse, but SSRI + Trazodone recovered me. It’s incredible. That all sound so ridiculous. It’s like everting is just only luck, there is no rule. Just like sometimes some med is only a trigger and it doesn’t really matter what drug it is. However, thanks for your help ;) I need a break from forums and all stuff. See ya guys ;)
Well, buspirone is only anxiolitic and could worsen hidden depression, whereas SSRIs and trazodone have also antidepressant effects. If some part of your symptoms was due to depression, it would be all logical.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
JustOnlyHope

Thomas wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:45 am
JustOnlyHope wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:06 am Sure, I understand. I just don’t get it, this is like a dream sometimes for me. Buspirone made me worse, but SSRI + Trazodone recovered me. It’s incredible. That all sound so ridiculous. It’s like everting is just only luck, there is no rule. Just like sometimes some med is only a trigger and it doesn’t really matter what drug it is. However, thanks for your help ;) I need a break from forums and all stuff. See ya guys ;)
Well, buspirone is only anxiolitic and could worsen hidden depression, whereas SSRIs and trazodone have also antidepressant effects. If some part of your symptoms was due to depression, it would be all logical.
Thanks for your reply.

No, It's not like this. I've never had depression. I do a lot things in my life. I was never depressed or even never think about suicide. That all shit now make me feel I am just in only fucking nightmare and that's not real. The funny thing, I just only took medicines due to more stress because of job. I really didn't need it. However, my friend who is psychologist just recommended me that and said is really safe. So I went to psychiatrist and He also admitted it is totally safe and THERE IS NO possibility to happens something wrong. Right now I would like to sue him for talking bullshit. I know we are minority and many people got help from antidepressant but He didn't have any right to saying with that 100 % of certain. He should go to hell, period.

Regarding recovery. I'm not saying you wrong guys, I believe you've got really well knowledge, however as I said my story with buspirone(it has the same action to 5ht1a as Trazodone) so it shows sometimes is just only luck. It is like some drug/suplemment just only trigger some action in brain and sometimes people are just lucky, but it doesn't really matter what the drug is. Look how many people recovered and how many different/not related things that was. I really wish you all guys were cured, we don't fucking deserved. Period.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:29 am No, It's not like this. I've never had depression. I do a lot things in my life. I was never depressed or even never think about suicide.
Depression is not defined by "thinking about suicide". I was depressed two years ago but I didn't think about suicide at all.
That all shit now make me feel I am just in only fucking nightmare and that's not real.
This sounds like depression, for instance (NB: I don't say you are depressed, this is far from enough to diagnose depression - I am just pointing a "non suicidal" expression of depression)
Regarding recovery. I'm not saying you wrong guys, I believe you've got really well knowledge, however as I said my story with buspirone(it has the same action to 5ht1a as Trazodone) so it shows sometimes is just only luck. It is like some drug/suplemment just only trigger some action in brain and sometimes people are just lucky, but it doesn't really matter what the drug is. Look how many people recovered and how many different/not related things that was. I really wish you all guys were cured, we don't fucking deserved. Period.
I don't challenge your reaction to buspirone. You had it, whatever the cause, period. I say:
1) You may be overthinking this reaction (why would 5HTA1 be the cause of it? buspirone action is complex)
2) Trazodone has antidepressant effects and can help people with some depression - This is a much more logical explanation of your improvement than whatever with 5HT1A, even if nobody will ever be able to tell which explanation is correct. But anyway, if you are better with trazodone, do you really need this explanation? Just forget receptors and enjoy improvement?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
JustOnlyHope

Thomas wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:57 am
JustOnlyHope wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:29 am No, It's not like this. I've never had depression. I do a lot things in my life. I was never depressed or even never think about suicide.
Depression is not defined by "thinking about suicide". I was depressed two years ago but I didn't think about suicide at all.
That all shit now make me feel I am just in only fucking nightmare and that's not real.
This sounds like depression, for instance (NB: I don't say you are depressed, this is far from enough to diagnose depression - I am just pointing a "non suicidal" expression of depression)
I don't challenge your reaction to buspirone. You had it, whatever the cause, period. I say:
1) You may be overthinking this reaction (why would 5HTA1 be the cause of it? buspirone action is complex)
2) Trazodone has antidepressant effects and can help people with some depression - This is a much more logical explanation of your improvement than whatever with 5HT1A, even if nobody will ever be able to tell which explanation is correct. But anyway, if you are better with trazodone, do you really need this explanation? Just forget receptors and enjoy improvement?
We will see, thank for your advice and help though ;) wish you best. How's going with ya? see some improvement? Plus do you have some idea why buspirone caused it if it's not 5th1a? I am curious.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

I had a good window on hydroxyzine, when I forgot this website, but after a while I fell again in the "overthinking" loop and am now much lower. Don't do the same mistake ;)