TRT question?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
JP1985

TRT question?

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi. Recently read someone saying TRT should be used an absolute last resort. Not sure why? I went on this nearly 2 years ago hoping it would help me sexually.

Main thing I want to know... Could it affect my chances of recovering naturally in any way? Or could it make me worse in the future? Right now though.. I feel it possibly helps a little. Got to think of the future though, if safe long term I may aswell stay on it as I can’t be bothered with the side effects coming off it

Would just like some advice or input from anyone who has any idea about it

Thanks
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
naiverat

Re: TRT question?

Unread post by naiverat »

I’m pretty sure you’re referring to my post - the one where I discussed PSSD with the biochemist and he suggested that TRT should be used as “a last resort.”

Well, I should start by saying I’m on “TRT” now as well. I put it in quotes because I’m taking what one might consider superphysiological doses. Even though my natural serum levels were at the upper end of the range for my age (26), I still didn’t feel like I had any test running through my veins.

Now, some benefit; some don’t. This may be a function of androgen or estrogen receptivity, as has been hypothesized by some. No one knows for sure.

The previous post pretty much outlined the downsides. In summary, you risk throwing off multiple bodily systems just to correct the receptors — or hope to, anyway.

You risk lowering essentially all the other steroid hormones in your body (from preg and DHEA to everything downstream), as you’re shutting down your testicles (which produce a portion of these steroid precursors). You may end up having to supplement these.

You risk throwing off the general energetic balance of the body. I don’t mean this in a hippy way; I mean that all of these systems are inextricably linked, and if you push on one system extremely hard, it will pull on the others as well. For some, the body may be able to adjust well; for others, it might not.

Western medicine has a huge focus on “bandaiding” health issues. Instead of finding out the underlying cause of high blood pressure (most likely the garbage standard American diet), they immediately prescribe BP meds. Depressed or anxious? Psych drugs - no blood work to determine underlying pathologies.

The problem is that shooting exogenous T is the same approach I just criticized. You have a body in a vulnerable state and you are potentially helping correct some issues, but as a result, you may be making matters by messing with a whole host of other important systems.

In the norma population, I do NOT think the solution to low T is TRT. There is a reason for low T, and it probably is an indirect result of diet/nutrition and lifestyle, often which lead to sub clinical hypothyroidism, nutrient deficiencies, etc — ingredients that are key to the production of testosterone. The body turns down production of energetically expensive hormones for a “reason” - whatever was beneficial over millions of years of evolution.

**So then why am I taking it if it’s some potentially dangerous bandaid?**

You have to weigh risk and reward. Everyone who has been here a while will tell you that. The most promising theory, in my opinion, is deacetylated / methylated hormone receptors that precludes their normal signaling and functioning. There are studies supporting the use of high doses of androgens to “fix” these receptors — to get them signaling and expressing normally. And even if you only have some that work, at least these will be upregulated.

If you, too, are experiencing benefits and see no downsides or reasons for discontinuing it, then I don’t see reason to do so.

I have benefited somewhat from it, too, but I don’t think it’s a silver bullet, and I surely don’t know encourage everyone to try it. There are definite potential drawbacks, and everyone must make his or her own (educated) decisions.

Hope that answers your question.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

naiverat wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:01 pm I’m pretty sure you’re referring to my post - the one where I discussed PSSD with the biochemist and he suggested that TRT should be used as “a last resort.”

Well, I should start by saying I’m on “TRT” now as well. I put it in quotes because I’m taking what one might consider superphysiological doses. Even though my natural serum levels were at the upper end of the range for my age (26), I still didn’t feel like I had any test running through my veins.

Now, some benefit; some don’t. This may be a function of androgen or estrogen receptivity, as has been hypothesized by some. No one knows for sure.

The previous post pretty much outlined the downsides. In summary, you risk throwing off multiple bodily systems just to correct the receptors — or hope to, anyway.

You risk lowering essentially all the other steroid hormones in your body (from preg and DHEA to everything downstream), as you’re shutting down your testicles (which produce a portion of these steroid precursors). You may end up having to supplement these.

You risk throwing off the general energetic balance of the body. I don’t mean this in a hippy way; I mean that all of these systems are inextricably linked, and if you push on one system extremely hard, it will pull on the others as well. For some, the body may be able to adjust well; for others, it might not.

Western medicine has a huge focus on “bandaiding” health issues. Instead of finding out the underlying cause of high blood pressure (most likely the garbage standard American diet), they immediately prescribe BP meds. Depressed or anxious? Psych drugs - no blood work to determine underlying pathologies.

The problem is that shooting exogenous T is the same approach I just criticized. You have a body in a vulnerable state and you are potentially helping correct some issues, but as a result, you may be making matters by messing with a whole host of other important systems.

In the norma population, I do NOT think the solution to low T is TRT. There is a reason for low T, and it probably is an indirect result of diet/nutrition and lifestyle, often which lead to sub clinical hypothyroidism, nutrient deficiencies, etc — ingredients that are key to the production of testosterone. The body turns down production of energetically expensive hormones for a “reason” - whatever was beneficial over millions of years of evolution.

**So then why am I taking it if it’s some potentially dangerous bandaid?**

You have to weigh risk and reward. Everyone who has been here a while will tell you that. The most promising theory, in my opinion, is deacetylated / methylated hormone receptors that precludes their normal signaling and functioning. There are studies supporting the use of high doses of androgens to “fix” these receptors — to get them signaling and expressing normally. And even if you only have some that work, at least these will be upregulated.

If you, too, are experiencing benefits and see no downsides or reasons for discontinuing it, then I don’t see reason to do so.

I have benefited somewhat from it, too, but I don’t think it’s a silver bullet, and I surely don’t know encourage everyone to try it. There are definite potential drawbacks, and everyone must make his or her own (educated) decisions.

Hope that answers your question.
Thank you for your reply. Yep it was your post that made me post the question. I’ve seen other posts too over the last 6 months with some people saying TRT is a bad idea. I’ve been considering coming off it for quite a while but I never get round to doing it. I’d say the only way I feel it helps me is with sex drive, but obviously that’s quite a big thing too. I’m so confused what to do as the reason I’m on TRT is because I had lowish T... I was in the normal range but at the absolute bottom of it. I just don’t know if it’s worth the effort coming off when I could have side effects and then I might come off and be lower than before and actually be out of the normal range. But I now don’t know if I’m doing more harm than good being on TRT! Also.. just been told HCG can crash people so now I don’t know whether to stop that. I was only on that in the first place to try keep my balls working incase I ever needed to come off TRT. Super confused what to do! 🤯
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

some people saying... "crash"
just been told..."worsen"

JP1985, there are "crashes" claims from anything and anywhere on the internet.
This is to be taken with a massive grain of salt...Otherwise, you will be confused and much more worried.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)