Future directives & endeavors

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Naczoz

Re: Future directives & endeavors

Unread post by Naczoz »

Meso, I wrote you a pm
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

face ads are an affordable option too

and there is at least 2 big international groups there that could share sth
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Meso wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:30 pm Hey guys/gals,

I'd been absent from the PSSD community for a while. Well, my family and I caught COVID-19 and am currently on the path to recovery.

I want to share my ideas with everyone on how to progress on PSSD. I think the most crucial aspect for us as a community right now is gaining awareness for the condition. The PSSD community is relatively tiny, with 1600 members but just ~100 active members.

I've been thinking about starting a PSSD website with the sole purpose of introduction and education about PSSD, with a google ad campaign linking to it for raising awareness.

I believe that the previous research initiatives have failed because of lack of resources, which comes down to the small number of people here. We have the brains ready, we have the theories to test, but we don't have the numbers.

What do you think?
To be honest, it looks like an amazing opportunity to spread awareness about yourself and your theories using google campaigns, with the funding of desperate people (prospective clients) among the PSSD community.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

arahant wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:36 pm
Meso wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:30 pm Hey guys/gals,

I'd been absent from the PSSD community for a while. Well, my family and I caught COVID-19 and am currently on the path to recovery.

I want to share my ideas with everyone on how to progress on PSSD. I think the most crucial aspect for us as a community right now is gaining awareness for the condition. The PSSD community is relatively tiny, with 1600 members but just ~100 active members.

I've been thinking about starting a PSSD website with the sole purpose of introduction and education about PSSD, with a google ad campaign linking to it for raising awareness.

I believe that the previous research initiatives have failed because of lack of resources, which comes down to the small number of people here. We have the brains ready, we have the theories to test, but we don't have the numbers.

What do you think?
To be honest, it looks like an amazing opportunity to spread awareness about yourself and your theories using google campaigns, with the funding of desperate people (prospective clients) among the PSSD community.
but why shooting the messenger?? you can refute the theories instead, people have complained about your behavior too yet there's no need for insulting
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

arahant wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:36 pm To be honest, it looks like an amazing opportunity to spread awareness about yourself and your theories using google campaigns, with the funding of desperate people (prospective clients) among the PSSD community.
If you had stopped and thought for a moment and read the previous replies before typing out this baseless claim, you'd have realize how silly this accusation is.
- I no longer offer a consult service except for a few personal friends. This won't grant me any "prospective clients".
- I never asked the community to fund this. You are jumping to conclusions out of paranoia.
- There are several PSSD info websites already and I suggested this:
Meso wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:04 pm It could even be one of the websites already existing, just re-furnished so to speak.
Also, Healy has written an article about the importance of spreading awareness on PSSD. He even posted this: https://davidhealy.org/stormy-weather-i/
Does that mean that Healy has ulterior motives too for his eCONSULT service, based on your paranoid line of thinking?

Bruh, not everyone is "out to get you". Chill out.

Other than that, let me remind you of this forum rule:
"2) Personal attacks or defamation will not be tolerated. We are all in this together. Don't be an asshole. This forum is built on love...not hate."

I'll let it slide this time. If you want to be an asshole, be an asshole somewhere else.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

yes, I think that if someone has an idea that they think is useful and good, the best thing is to make it concrete personally.

about the fact that we are few, i still think it is a rather rare condition and many of those who have it are perhaps confused, "disturbed" and/or on other psychotropic drugs. i have also noticed a lot of reluctance to learn pssd from those who are taking antidepressants, they often accuse you of unfounded alarmism, conspiracy, defend drugs and doctors.
climb

Unread post by climb »

[/quote]
It could even be one of the websites already existing, just re-furnished so to speak. I wonder if an ad campaign would be a success or would it be a failure or even shot down?
[/quote]

It's perfectly possible add additional features or tweak the existing websites, we all just need to work together to discuss what else we want to communicate on the sites and how we are going to increase the profile of those sites.

Some of the people doing a lot of hard work to raise the profile of PSSD are not on the forum so often. If there are more people such as yourself who're interested in collaborating to raise awareness, I think we'd all welcome it.
fth

Unread post by fth »

I've been seriously thinking about raising awareness in my country (the Netherlands) but I have no idea where to start, so I'd have to look into it. I also think spreading awareness could be a good thing.
► Fluoxetine & methylphenidate (03/2016 - 07/2019)
► Symptoms started somewhere in 2018
► Social phobia (formerly), OCD, ADHD
► Dexamphetamine (06/2021 - now)
🇳🇱
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

fth wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:57 pm I've been seriously thinking about raising awareness in my country (the Netherlands) but I have no idea where to start, so I'd have to look into it. I also think spreading awareness could be a good thing.
Hi, I'm trying to give you some advice, which is what I've been doing since 2014, the first year I had PSSD. I opened a free and advertisement free blog where I translated the articles about PSSD from Rxisk.org into my own language, obviously indicating the original sources. I put together medical literature on PSSD since then, articles in online magazines, added a contact form inviting people with PSSD to get in touch, in order to expand a group on whatsapp.
Other: to contact people with PSSD through medical consultation sites; to disseminate on social networks.

I think this is a good point to start from: when there will be a good number of people it will also become a good idea to set up an association, create a dedicated website etc.

If you need help on which material to translate into your language to create a Dutch website or blog I can help you with many links, I have a clear picture of the situation in this regard.

I am also available to provide these links quickly to anyone else who wants to create more awareness and information in their own language, for which there is currently little material online.
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

fth wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:57 pm I've been seriously thinking about raising awareness in my country (the Netherlands) but I have no idea where to start, so I'd have to look into it. I also think spreading awareness could be a good thing.
Hi,
You could also start a Dutch group where yourself and other Dutch pssd sufferers band together to raise awareness and contact medical professionals/organizations in the Netherland. This is what Emily and others including myself have done (we have a Canadian Discord group, PM me if youre canadian and want to join) we have been making lots of progress this way
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more