Inositol - my experience

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Naczoz

Inositol - my experience

Unread post by Naczoz »

This is fucking weird.

So I tried inositol long time ago and I seemed to improve my orgasm sensation little bit and it stayd like this after discontiuation.

Than I had trazodone crash and I'm again from 5% down to 0% with my orgasm so I thought I will try inositol again.

This time it didnt work in fact it made me totally anhedonic and even more numb.

Any thoughs wtf is going on here?
rmichaelballow

Re: Inositol - my experience

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

So you had Trazadone AFTER this period of taking inositol?

When was the most recent trazadone dose?

And it wouldn't "work" if the chemistry was different the second time around, which it appears it was. Inositol may have optimized receptor sensitivity at 1A, 2C, and 4 sites for a brief period. But one needs a normally functioning Raphe Nucleus and Serotonin conversion (TPH) to send signals to the receptors.

My guess is, since most SSRI's, through SERT inhibition, deplete Serotonin tissue concentrations and impair the releasable pool, the second time around you had no transmitter to bind to the receptors. So it wouldn't matter if you had slightly optimized receptor sensitivity with Inositol. You still need the transmitter to bind to them.

I would run the experiment again, on early that day before, eat 1/4th of a can of Tuna. You'd get a bit of Tryptophan in the mix then, which isn't inherently bad for PSSD. Then you'd have SOMETHING in the releasable pool, and a bit more responsive receptors. Wouldn't cure you by any means, but would probably clear up the confusion.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

I will give more details.

I have PSSD for 2 years after sertraline. Decided to give a shot and tried inosito - had improvement in orgasm sensation and maybe in genital numbness. It persisted after discontinuation and seemed permament.

Than after few months since I didnt see any improvements I decided to try trazodone. Took one 50 mg pill and got crash - mostli with libido and orgasm sensation.

After few weeks without any improvement I thought inositol will bring me back to my previous baseline...and well - It did not, it made my more numb and put me in some dysphoric state...

my question is - will it resolve on its own? if not - what should I do?
rmichaelballow

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

Naczoz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:36 pm I will give more details.

I have PSSD for 2 years after sertraline. Decided to give a shot and tried inosito - had improvement in orgasm sensation and maybe in genital numbness. It persisted after discontinuation and seemed permament.

Than after few months since I didnt see any improvements I decided to try trazodone. Took one 50 mg pill and got crash - mostli with libido and orgasm sensation.

After few weeks without any improvement I thought inositol will bring me back to my previous baseline...and well - It did not, it made my more numb and put me in some dysphoric state...

my question is - will it resolve on its own? if not - what should I do?
Ok - so that's what I suspected, and what I posted above stands true.

Resolution without intervention isn't very likely.

As far as what YOU should do, DM me. I'd have to fact find a bit more to guide you.