Updates (normal libido, ongoing genital anesthesia, etc.)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
dandelion5

Updates (normal libido, ongoing genital anesthesia, etc.)

Unread post by dandelion5 »

Hello,
I just wanted to share some updates. I'm a year and 7 months out from taking a tiny dose of Prozac for 2 weeks. My libido has returned in the last few months, but the genital anesthesia, particularly in my clitoris, continues to be an issue. It waxes and wanes in severity. Orgasms are somewhat satisfying but nowhere near what they used to be and there has to be a lot of pressure. I feel them more in my head than I do in the genital region. Like the rush of endorphins has returned but not those tingly, full sensations genitally. If I try to have a second orgasm, it will be a lot weaker and more numb than the first.

Here's a list of things I'm noticing help, along with what negatively impacts me. Again even with/without these factors, it still seems to vary week to week, and I can't really seem to pinpoint why. Anyone in a similar position as far as libido goes? I'd appreciate any insight or advice, thanks!

Things that seem to help
  • Adequate sleep
  • Vaginal estradiol cream (I wonder if testosterone cream would help men?)
  • Ambien
(I only take it on nights I absolutely can't sleep but when I do, the next day I sometimes have more sensation.)
  • Abstaining from too much masturbation/sex
  • Having a full bladder prior to attempting orgasm
  • Regular meditation
Things that seem to hurt

• Lack of sleep
  • Progesterone cream/pills
  • Large doses of Vitamin D
  • Stress
(In my "past life", stress used to trigger my libido; now it lowers it.)

Things that don't seem to have any effect
  • Fish oil
  • Caffeine
(haven't tried big amounts though)
Markc1113

Re: Updates (normal libido, ongoing genital anesthesia, etc.)

Unread post by Markc1113 »

Thanks for the update. So I am a year and 4 months in almost as well. I am on trt which hasn’t seemed to help consistently but I was also take anastrazole to keep estrogen down from the hcg I was taking. I recently stopped the anastrazole to let estrogen Increase and I’m noticing some improvements. I posted because of time frame of yours and also your mention of cream. I did use test cream and it did seem to help pretty noticeably but it can increase hair loss because of the dht increase so I had to stop it. I have had insomnia the past few months but have also noticed if I can manage to have good sleep I do tend to be in better shape the next day. Hope you continue to improve.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

dandelion5 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:13 am Anyone in a similar position as far as libido goes? I'd appreciate any insight or advice, thanks!
I hesitate to say anything because no one seems to know what makes people better and things that make some people better make others worse.

That said…

Based on my very basic understanding, I would guess that abstaining from too much masturbation sensitizes dopamine receptors responding to phasic firing while large doses of Vitamin D might increase baseline tonic firing, improving mood in general, but raising the threshold required to activate phasic firing of dopaminergic neurons. Weather or not this hold true for long term use or if some adaptation takes place I have no idea.

If you want to experiment, some of the more promising substances seem to be St Johns Wort and Inositol. Either would likely have to be taken for at least a few weeks.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Not the first one, who said about ambien on the forum, I wonder if it is because it improves sleep processes? But heard this type of drugs not good for cognition in perspective.
I also believe having a better urge feeling in bladder was a sign of an improvement in me, I made it with dl-phenylalanine for a month 1.5 years ago.
dandelion5

Unread post by dandelion5 »

I know people without PSSD though who say that Ambien raises their sex drive and intensity of orgasm dramatically. I took it prior to PSSD and had the same response myself too (much more so than what I experience now, of course) - I think it does something to dopamine?
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

From the wiki:
Also, during the week following ovulation, progesterone levels increase, resulting in a woman experiencing difficulty achieving orgasm

I think that explains you progesterone response

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libido
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

male here.

I find it weird that good sleep helps you.

I found out in my case that nothing destroys my libido and sets me back as much as a couple of good nights of sleep.

Actually sleep deprivation and severe hangover are the only non chemical things that give me normal libido.